Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mbecker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Fess up, what got hurt?”

• Glass shattered or cracked 2 votes
      6%
    • Hands, fists, fingers etc 20 votes
      56%
    • Legs, feet, toes, etc 6 votes
      17%
    • Other?! 8 votes
      22%

(36 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9ae29023b03d3cba1c1013430965e76a7eac96afe7db9a9554a8d00252bf4879 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Own up — who’s broken pf glass, hurt their hands or legs/feet because you got pissed at your (or another’s) machine?! Sometimes they are just out to get you and there’s nothing you can do!!! (Ok maybe you had 1 shot too much...but still..)

Sopranos been kicking my ass lately, think I’m working on a bruise on my wrist from pounding glass..

#2 6 years ago

I don't get pissed off at a machine, but have hit my toes on the legs a few times while walking by wearing sandals and that kind of smarts.

#3 6 years ago

Cut my toe bad on pinball dolly, pissed.
    To many machines, hard to keep up on maintemce, pisses me off.
    Cant afford any JJP, pissed.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't get pissed off at a machine, but have hit my toes on the legs a few times while walking by wearing sandals and that kind of smarts.

You’ve never just had a game kick your ass unexplainedly again and again and get angry?!? Man I need to learn more patience I guess

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Cant afford any JJP, pissed.

Hahaha love it! Me too!

#6 6 years ago

I get pissed when they break down and I'm too lazy to learn how to fix them.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

You’ve never just had a game kick your ass unexplainedly again and again and get angry?!?

Not really as it is only the older games like the short flipper EMs that kick my ass, so I'm only in each game a couple minutes or less, not like I built something big up just to lose it.

And on the newer games I do most of the ass kicking. Probably in part due to to all the practice I get on those tougher older games.

So it's a good balance that keeps my emotions in check.

#8 6 years ago

I didn't get mad at the inanimate object (in this case the playfield of an old em) even when it came crashing down on my skull with the corner of a coil bracket. Blood everywhere and a mild concussion that made me periodically dizzy for months.

#9 6 years ago

I have too much money invested to be kicking my games. I get frustrated a little occasionally but never mad enough to kick or hit one of them. I am a guy that used to have a nasty temper also, but when you get older and wiser that stops, at least for most of us. You must be young I’m guessing? Only way you can make me mad now is if you mess with my family or get personal with me and then it’s on. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I didn't get mad at the inanimate object (in this case the playfield of an old em) even when it came crashing down on my skull with the corner of a coil bracket. Blood everywhere and a mild concussion that made me periodically dizzy for months.

Ouch!

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have too much money invested to be kicking my games. I get frustrated a little occasionally but never mad enough to kick or hit one of them. I am a guy that used to have a nasty temper also, but when you get older and wiser that stops, at least for most of us. You must be young I’m guessing? Only way you can make me mad now is if you mess with my family or get personal with me and then it’s on. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

Going on 33, young Enough I guess? I’ll admit I don’t get too angry usually (I’m pretty mild tempered) but it tends to be after a few drinks if it’s a bad night I can get pretty mad if playing by myself

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Going on 33, young Enough I guess? I’ll admit I don’t get too angry usually (I’m pretty mild tempered) but it tends to be after a few drinks if it’s a bad night I can get pretty mad if playing by myself

Yeah at 33 I was still pretty hot headed. It won't be long till things start changing a bit for you, be here before you know it.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That sounds painful . One can imagine The adjective of Profanities springing from your lips . Ouch

#14 6 years ago

I don't get mad at pinball, what's the point then. Occasionally I smack my legs in a "Aww, damn!" kind of way in good spirits, but I don't think I've ever actually gotten mad at pinball before.

I got a little lockdown-bar-poundy when trying to qualify for a tournament before but at the end I realized that wasn't much fun anyways and don't usually do those anymore. Love me some good ol'-fashion casual play and casual competition instead.

#15 6 years ago

I was playing my JM one night and I was one shot from Power Down and I drained. I was so mad I turned and slammed the door to the garage right off the hinges!

#16 6 years ago

I get pissed when I ring my nuts on those gun handles...or jp , gnr, ij , shadow. Mf!!!!!!

#17 6 years ago

I get pissed when things don't make sense and It looks like everything checks out but your pin still won't work. I have a Flash Gordon that I bought knowing the sound didn't work properly,(the reason why the last guy had to move her out the door.) I spent a few months working with Clive from Coin op cauldron on my sound boards. He eventually suggested that the Alltek mpu might not be reading the rom in the 2 board sound system so he sent me a sqwauk and talk to try out. Same symptoms occurred with the sqwauk and talk. I spoke with Dave from Alltel to see if anyone else experienced this issue and he said he'd never heard of this problem. I was just about to chuck in the towel when I came across a working Flash Gordon mpu on ebay. I figured what the hell I've spent enough time and money and I can always use the Alltek in another game down the road. Original mpu arrived and worked perfectly! I tried the Alltek board in my Fathom and she behaved like Flash Gordon! I had a bad Alltek board the whole time and was chasing the issue thruogh the sound boards. Doh!

#18 6 years ago

I get pissed when I see other people smacking the glass or lockdown bar etc on others' machines. Have some respect and consideration FFS.

#19 6 years ago

i do not get violent towards the games and i think people who do make everyone around them uncomfortable.

i did hurt myself once -- i had a second consecutive house ball in league competition, and i went to throw my hands up in disgust, but as i did so, my ring got caught on the lockdown bar. nearly ripped my finger off.

#20 6 years ago

About the only time I get pissed while playing my machines is when the ball gets stuck due to a random airball on my IJ and it gets under the right ramp.

Basically, anytime I have to remove the glass to continue playing.

#21 6 years ago

I laughed at my wife because she tilted.

She came over and kicked my machine causing it to tilt.

Alcohol was involved.

#22 6 years ago

Pinball makes me cuss more than anything else on the planet... I can concoct some very creative and entirely incoherent phrases made entirely of swear words when things are not going well with my Met Pro at home... but for the most part I do not get violent with the machine.

#23 6 years ago

Repairs going badly gets me more frustrated and angry than it should.
    My (already limited) soldering skills then suffer.
    Walk away............... Walk away........................

#24 6 years ago

I'm too level headed to get mad at a game.....jeesh calm down man

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i do not get violent towards the games and i think people who do make everyone around them uncomfortable.

During public play - absolutely! I’ve never gotten mad when playing with other people or on others machines. Strictly speaking towards ones own games. For some reason by myself, when trying to get that high score or reach a goal and the game just seems to give me house ball after another or super cheap drains off weird ejects or bounces— man that gets me riled up.

#26 6 years ago

voted legs,feet,toes now I have never kicked or hit a machine because I was pissed but I have on several occasions kicked the legs of machines beside of or behind me (as well as the legs of a few fellow league players) while playing ....... you know some time you get really into it

#27 6 years ago

Haven't had sound on my Raven for going on two years. Pissed.
    Was playing the other week & was doing good when I creampied, so I threw it the finger. Turned around to walk away & it makes some noise, like it's laughing at me. My friend wants to call an exorcist.

#28 6 years ago

Only smacked machines on route back in the day, but did not break anything. Never hit my games or anyone else's either. Grow up people...........

#29 6 years ago

I can honestly say I've never taken out my frustration at a pinball machine...hell...I've never "nudged" the machine like I see a lot of people here say they do. Doesn't matter if it's a game on location or within the confines my game room. I wouldn't want anyone damaging my own machines...I wouldn't do the same thing to someone elses. If I have a bad game, so be it. There is always another game to play to get better the next time.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gravity:

I can honestly say I've never taken out my frustration at a pinball machine...hell...I've never "nudged" the machine like I see a lot of people here say they do. Doesn't matter if it's a game on location or within the confines my game room. I wouldn't want anyone damaging my own machines...I wouldn't do the same thing to someone elses. If I have a bad game, so be it. There is always another game to play to get better the next time.

Please clarify. Nudging is part of the game and does not damage machines! If you aren't nudging then you don't know how to play pinball.

#31 6 years ago

Last time I played a physical table that I got mad at I think it was Medieval Madness at an arcade in the 90s. I practically made a milkshake with that table I was so mad, and the attendant threatened to kick me out if I persisted. And as arcades were my life back then I desisted immediately. Whoops!

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Nudging is part of the game and does not damage machines! If you aren't nudging then you don't know how to play pinball.

Indeed. And those that think the tilt bob should be removed and used as a fishing weight, really don't have a clue.

#33 6 years ago

I recently was at an arcade and the "attendant" was "helping/not helping" the player next to me with a stuck ball. I reached over with my free hand, between flips, and gave her machine a shove and the ball came down, no problem, I didn't even get a tilt warning, and she got really mad at me, lol. I asked her what the issue was and she was like, I can't have you shaking the games like that. I was like, they're made for this, why do you think it gives you three warnings?? She was like... oh, okay then! and wandered off.

#34 6 years ago

Here is a common story.

Back in 1982 my brother and I were drinking martinis and playing pinball, all night until we ran out of Gin. Then all that was left was just Vermouth. He had just finished his last ball on Solar City, he had scored 99,900. I stepped up and started the 5th ball, as I was approaching his score, he shoved the game with his foot, tilting the game. I would have easily beat his score because of the Double Bonus on ball 5. I was pissed. He was laughing, some how I did not hit him. Then I chuckled and quipped "Well That is the other way to Win a Game, You Bastard!" He started laughing again, fell to the floor hitting his head on the wall. (Karma).

#35 6 years ago

I've never hit my machines out of anger they are too damn expensive. But I have strung together several curse words when I've drained while having a great game.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

That sounds painful . One can imagine The adjective of Profanities springing from your lips . Ouch

9ae29023b03d3cba1c1013430965e76a7eac96afe7db9a9554a8d00252bf4879 (resized).jpg9ae29023b03d3cba1c1013430965e76a7eac96afe7db9a9554a8d00252bf4879 (resized).jpg

#37 6 years ago

I'll get mad and cuss up a storm and angrily step asside.sometimes I'll give the machine an extra nudge as I walk away and sometimes just a little love tap.never anything serious were I would hurt myself or the machine. Not that I'm really mad I just get very animated when I play.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

but as i did so, my ring got caught on the lockdown bar. nearly ripped my finger off.

And this is why wedding rings are bad. Some people take them off when they play or work on games; I just skip the whole ring thing. I hate the feeling on my finger. Luckily, I'm pretty ugly so cheating isn't an issue

I have never struck a pinball machine in anger. Once in my early 20s I punched the tank of my non-starting motorcycle. Then I had a non-starting motorcycle with a big ass dent in the tank... lesson learned

2 months later
    #39 6 years ago

When going into meltdown mode...I feel an urge litteraly paying the particular designer a visit going all in physically altering his looks beyond recognition. The game in question I won't say and the designer himself does suck, knows nothing about pinball physics and sits on no pinball feeling whatsoever... Coming to my senses after two loong minutes realizing I should knock my own teeth out instead, I return for yet another game meaning the designer wins. With his gross flaws he still possesses qualities more important as it would have meant putting more money into the machine had I not owned it..Love/hate relationship....... I am glad he is designing although he sucks.... No, it isn't Steve Ritchie who admits he wants to drive the player insane knowing it will bring more quarters....

#40 6 years ago

I swear a lot when I play and today I hit my toes on the edge of a leg. I tend to put all of my weight on my right foot and swing my left foot around in reaction to stuff...apparently to get injured.

#41 6 years ago

Only when I can't make the bathroom. Any other fail on the table is my own damn fault.

#42 6 years ago

I will walk away from the machine and do a little circular pace until the urge to hit something passes. Like a baseball pitcher might after giving up a home run. Did this a couple times at a Ghostbusters on location the other night after some awful airball/SDTM drains.

Never disrespect the machine. The pinball gods will not react kindly, whether it's your pin or not.

#43 6 years ago

I’m not one to get mad at a game but if playing enthuastically for a good while my palms/wrists will get sore from slap saves.

I did get cut pretty bad playing a game when something that was unsecured on top of the head came crashing down and I instinctively tried to catch it. Fortunately glass did not break but I was hurting for a while after.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

I’m not one to get mad at a game but if playing enthuastically for a good while my palms/wrists will get sore from slap saves.
    I did get cut pretty bad playing a game when something that was unsecured on top of the head came crashing down and I instinctively tried to catch it. Fortunately glass did not break but I was hurting for a while after.

Yeah — hear you in sore wrists, although my problem is more bad posture. I tend to lean over the machine a bit and put some weight in my wrists, which are already bad. Doesn’t help when I slap the lockdown bar after a dumb mistake or cheap drain either.. No idea why I only get angry at home on my machines— maybe because I’ve put so much time on them that my expectations are much higher than at locations.

#45 6 years ago

Are you trying to take back GC I got on your Sopranos? Sorry!

It's one of my top 3 favorites, and Mbecker kindly swapped it to me for a while.

He's a pretty chill dude, I've never seen him get physical with a game just the usual bitching on cheap drains. I'll mock-kick a leg too, but never even seen him do that.

Just when you're alone, eh? I hope my Avatar is alright!

#46 6 years ago

Pinballs can sense your intensity. If you're feeling that way, shut it down, and come back when you're more carefree!

Maybe you need to change it up: come over and play some other games for a bit, and have a cool one...

#47 6 years ago

Over the past few months, I slammed my fist (a few x's) on the lockdown bar of one of the most challenging machines on the planet ~ TWD. The other day I noticed an insert light that was flickering & I needed to investigate. When attempting to free the lockdown bar, I had some trouble getting the bar free. Though all is well now, I will for now on take out my frustrations on my twenty five piece drum set > instead of my machines.

#48 6 years ago

HighVoltage — your avatar always had that large dent in the lockdown didn’t it??

It’s just sopranos mostly that gets me and yeah, if I start having bad balls it just continues and snowballs, sigh. One day though I’m gonna take back gc. Pinball in the new year though sounds good. When we swap back I should have a flipping “whitewood” going — literally just flippers and slings on a blank slate.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pissed-at-your-pinball?hl=gravity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.