Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by buffaloatx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello again, I am having a problem with my new POTC, since this is my first Stern machine, I am a little in the dark about a few things, and I find the manuals a tad obscure compared to most of Bally/Williams when it comes to removal of toys and such. The problem I am having with this machine is in the trunk, the ball gets stuck in the back of the trunk where I know there is a pop up to hold the ball so it strikes the lock switch, and there is the problem, the ball gets stuck every time and starts ball search, the post drops the ball rolls out. I have checked the ball gate to make sure it is allowing the ball to roll to the switch and exit, it was a little stuck, so I freed it up made sure it swung freely. Problem persisted, pulled the glass, switch tested with fingers and ball, all switches registered. Played a game with glass off, could score all keys from trunk, ball still got stuck. Wouldn't start multiball. Is there another switch I am missing?
Also If someone knows a quick way to remove the trunk, I looked at the manual, but am still having a small problem figureing out how to pull that out.
Thanks,

#2 6 years ago

Your switch under the trunk is bad. I just had the same issue on a service call. It would score the key letters, but never open the trunk and go to heart multiball. It would always let the ball out on ball search. The switch takes a beating the way the ball comes to it. Replace it and you'll be good to go.

You'll just have to look at the plastics and the trunk to see how it comes off. Not too bad.
Good luck.

#3 6 years ago

Super, I thought there was only one switch, but wanted to be sure. Still not too clear on the best way to pull the trunk assy, but I'll keep at it.
Thanks for help.

#4 6 years ago

There are two switches....the opto in the lane going into the trunk, and the mechanical microswitch (switch #6 in test) back where the ball is held in the chest. Pull it apart and get switch 6 replaced or adjusted.

#5 6 years ago

When you check the switch be sure to check it with the ball, not just with your finger. If the ball isn't registering it when it's sitting at rest in position then adjust the switch accordingly.

#6 6 years ago

Resolved. I hope and pray I don't have to do that EVER again, as it was a large pain in the, pick a body part of your choosing here. Now I'm going to go tear apart an AF, cause, you know why not....
Thanks again everyone

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Nanuet, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside