Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chaskett
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170502_193644 (resized).jpg
    20170502_193714 (resized).jpg
    20170502_193753 (resized).jpg
    20170502_193721 (resized).jpg
    20170502_193733 (resized).jpg
    20170502_193356 (resized).jpg
    20170502_193331 (resized).jpg
    20170502_193508 (resized).jpg
    20170502_193707 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170422_094540_081 (resized).jpg
    HPIM1973.JPG
    HPIM1972.JPG
    HPIM1970.JPG
    HPIM1971.JPG
    HPIM1969.JPG
    stuntjumper-06.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffzee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 month later
    #7 10 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

get 2 packs of "Scunci no-slip grip" hair ties, theyre like black silicone-ish rubberbands about 1.5" long across the card they come on (part number 39701-A, 21 PCS). stack about 7 of em to each side, replacing the bands for the "slingshots" and the upper ones too. the bounce is so crazy lively, you really have to see it for yourself.

Thanks for the tip. I got a pack at Walmart. Not sure I'm happy with the color, but I couldn't find all black. They do make the game feel a little more like real pinball. Like real pinball the ball now tends to bounce from the inlanes to the outlanes. Games are shorter and a bit more challenging. I only used four bands at each position (16 total). I thought the ball might get stuck between the bands, but that hasn't happened.

I also tried the hair bands on my smaller Atomic pinball, but I didn't think it was worth while. For what ever reason the stock rubber on my Atomic is already more bouncy than the stock rubber that was on the Astro Shooter.

scunci-01.jpgscunci-01.jpg

scunci-02.jpgscunci-02.jpg

scunci-03.jpgscunci-03.jpg

#8 10 years ago

Here's the rest of my Tomy collection...

Collection-01.JPGCollection-01.JPG

#11 10 years ago

Yup, CVS was it.

scunci-01.jpgscunci-01.jpg

scunci-02.jpgscunci-02.jpg

scunci-03.jpgscunci-03.jpg

#13 10 years ago

Bounce is about the same as the colored fat ones. But the inlanes now work better with the thinner bands and I like all black.

#17 10 years ago

This is my latest eBay find and something I never saw before. It's an Atomic Pinball mechanism in a redesigned case. The electronics are more sophisticated with more switches triggering more sound effects whereas Atomic has only one sound effect. It doesn't have Atomic's blinking light mechanism. But what's really cool is that each of the three "pop bumpers" has a transparent top with a light that flashes as each respective bumper is triggered. It's pretty cruddy. I'll post more when I get it cleaned up.

StuntJumper-01.jpgStuntJumper-01.jpg

#18 10 years ago

Everything cleans up with the old pinball standbys of Mean Green and Novus. Compared to Atomic Pinball, this Stunt Jumper comes apart in a completely different way and there's a lot more wiring. I see no reference to Tomy. The name Playwell is molded into the case.

StuntJumper-10.JPGStuntJumper-10.JPG

Each of the three little bumpers has a yellow LED inside.

stuntjumper-06.jpgstuntjumper-06.jpg

#20 10 years ago

A short Stunt Jumper vid...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffzee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-treasure-pinball?tu=jeffzee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.