• 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by huo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6DD58BC5-9507-4545-A9C5-CBB989ADAE21 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 6 years ago

I had STLE for 4 years and have had PotC for 10 years, just got to 4 winds the first time ever (3 balls).

I never thought ST was great, it has a lot of modes but they can feel same-ish.

I think they’re about equal so if you’re tired of Potc can trade for ST pro.

IMO SM is **better** than ST and trades in the same price range as well.

My view SM >> Potc = ST

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

do it before the guys realizes the mistake hes about to make

I don’t think it’s any mistake PotC is a price around the same as ST.

AFM may be better than Totan but that doesn’t mean it’s a mistake if you traded one for the other if they are priced around the same and same condition etc..

#33 6 years ago

Also if you have just one pin you will get tired of it more easily. It’s no shame to swap out pins, my friend does and has owned probably 100 different pins but never more than 5 at a time. However he might trade one he misses it and he can always get another one it’s not like these are impossible to find.

PotC is very well built imo mine is 10 years old and it looks brand new and has had only one issue which was a auto launch fork broke after 7 years, it has PF supports, direct print cabinet, three major toys: ship, chest and disk, full lollipop side rails. If made today it would be a LE by Stern standards.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I used to make that assumption. And then SKB explained it in various threads. It really opened up the game to me. My favorite mode is lining up NERO 3. If you play that mode right the logic of it is stunning. There is logic behind the modes, but the game doesn't explain them well. Steve does.

I can see that, never really comprehended the nuances of the rules, I did like the way the away team shots were implemented. Before I sold ST I put it on 5 balls so that I could see more modes in a single game (3 deep etc) but it just never grabbed me, maybe I was not understanding it. I like to compare it to SM. I like SM modes, maybe there are not as many combinations or ways to progress but they are just fun and I feel more pressure when I'm getting closer to Battle Royal mode and like the varied timed modes such as Bone-Saw. I'd say SM is more simple, but I enjoy it.

I think maybe my number of pins is working against me. Having 10 pins sometimes it's hard to concentrate to understand the deeper rule aspects. If I had just one pin ST would be the easy choice but with 10 pins I like PotC in a large collection.

ST is probably better than PotC but not markedly better like some are saying. Potc rules are more basic, easy to understand and difficult to get to the end. I like the 'Jack' hurry-up shot, like the upper PF area, the callouts are good (I have no problem with the voice actors), I like the upper spinning area, it's layout, like some close shots like Jack and the treasure chest is a thing of beauty.

Combine Ship and Treasure chest toys, Stern was spending money more freely back then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-or-star-trek?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.