IMG_0504 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
kagen1 (resized).jpg
you-sir-are-a-knob-head (resized).jpg
20171016_052641.png
IMG_0503 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I know alot of people arent allowed to like Jonny depp so for them, CE it is! Which, IMO, looks pretty bad-ass! Theme isnt for me but I'm really fired up that JJP is making great pins. I'm REAAALLLLYYYY hopeful they do a BTTF or Goonies pin at some point. Those would be 'take my money' situations for sure.

I don't like Johhny Depp and thought all the movies were turds save the first. With that said, if the game is good, I'd consider it... but not at the price points referenced.

At $8500 for a comparatively stripped down base model, prices on these new games has become completely out of hand. I'm sure there is a subset of very wealthy that aren't price sensitive but for the vast majority, when prices are getting close to good used cars, it has gone too far.

1 month later
#349 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

I am very sensitive to copyright infringement. I have to be. I indemnify my clients and take the entire responsibility if I infringe.
So I have this tightrope that I walk on each license. I use the elements that are not subject to copyright like orchestration, genre, rhythm and stay very far away from melodies and chord changes.
It is not prudent for me to speak to what is or isn't licensed as these are not my issues, I have no control and very little knowledge of the negotiations.
I write custom music for pinball. Pinball music is a subset of all music. A lot of music cues from movies are evocative but would either be lost in pinball play or are just not right. So there is something to be said for music written expressly for this application.
I am a huge fan of the Klaus Badelt score for the first POTC film. Most of the memorable themes for POTC come from the first movie. Once successful Han Zimmer took over the franchise. If one were to believe the 'making of' videos Zimmer is credited for them. So why is Badelt listed? Strange.
So, once again I have the job of being as good as a great composer. It is inspiring and it is daunting. I do my best.
I will say that JJP did license some Pirate music assets from Disney that were created by Disney for a Pirate game. These assets are very 'piratey' and cinematic and are serving JPOTC well. I've written about six music cues including Out of Mode, Tortuga Multiball and some 'Chapter' cues. I will be writing more. I am happy with the sound package so far and I feel like this will be one of the best I have worked on when finished. I'm much better at orchestral orchestration than I was eleven years ago and hopefully players will embrace the work.
As far as callouts go the Gibbs session was a home run out of the park for pinball. Eric and crew put in the time to produce a comprehensive script. There are Gibb's lines from all five movies and a lot of 'pinball talk' which highlights achievements, instructs the player and make objectives clear. The actor is incredibly talented and all of it is in the build (though a lot of it still needs to be installed).
ddt

Thanks for the insight and information. I will say, however, that despite some good, piratey music made for the game, without the POTC theme music most of us know and grew up with the ride, it just isn't POTC.

I don't care much if there are many characters or Johnny Depp clips (I personally have grown tired of him and Jack Sparrow) but the game needs the Pirates theme music. I mean would The Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure truly be an Indiana Jones themed pin without the original IJ theme song?

1 month later
#351 6 years ago

A Pirates Life For Me existed and was part of the ride long before any Pirates movies. That is the song Inam referring to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-4?tu=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.