IMG_0504 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
kagen1 (resized).jpg
you-sir-are-a-knob-head (resized).jpg
20171016_052641.png
IMG_0503 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcoble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#245 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me if the game uses the actual music from the movies? I wouldn't see why not, but I can't tell from the videos I've seen. Thanks!

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

No, David Thiel is doing the sound package, and you can't tell because he's that good. He's created a fantastic musical package that fits the theme and sounds the part. Seriously it's that good.
Change a tone here and there, adjust a chorus and you really couldnt tell the difference.
I played many games at expo and watched many play to catch stuff I missed on the LCD. Game is amazing even at 30% code. There's much more to come so I look forward to the progress.

Got to say, no matter how good a "replacement" is, missing that main theme is really disappointing. How expensive could it have been? I mean, you are already dealing with the 800 lb gorilla of licensing, get the music while you are in the cage!

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Agreed. Lack of the original music and cut scenes fro the movie are a huge disappointment. I like "total" theme immersion. I refuse to buy a game with fake voice actors even. Yes, I know this one has Gibbs, and that's a huge plus in my book, but lacking the other elements hurts this game.
Which is a shame, because the actual pinball portion of it is amazing!

Wait, so there are no cutscenes from the movies either? What's the point of licensing a theme of you can't use the theme?

1 week later
#316 6 years ago

I find it odd that Stern can license all the footage, voices, actors images, music, etc etc for the Star Wars franchise from Disney, but JJP can't use any music or footage with actor's faces from another Disney franchise. Disney OWNS it, they can license it. Depp might get a few bucks, but he gets no say and the composer of the original score? Puh-lease! He sold that piece to Disney, he didn't license it! It seems to me JJP needs better negotiators, (or deeper pockets?). How much more would complete footage and music have added to the cost? $100 per unit? $500? Whatever the number would have been, I am betting the market would have supported it.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

You are wrong. If you’d bother to read the thread, you are wrong. It’s been explained again and again. And again. You are incorrect. Thank you for your input.

You are wrong. I've read the thread. If you'd bother to read the thread, you'll see I'm the one that brought up the lack of licensed content, beyond the basic theme. You are incorrect about the ability of a studio to license theatrical content and musical compositions that they own the rights to. It happens ALL THE TIME. All the time. It even happens in pinball. Star Wars. Hobbit. Wizard of Oz. Thank you for your input.

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I didn’t know you were in the licensing meetings - oh that’s right you weren’t. I’m not discussing it anymore, I’m sorry that you are unable to grasp the concept that Disney licenses don’t work like Warner Bros and others do, the information is out there in many forms including some of the folks who worked on the first POTC explaining the difficulties of dealing with the license. I’m sorry that you’re unable to understand that broad generalizations about licensing don’t apply here, that throwing a few extra bucks into the pot is irrelevant owing to the structure and nature of the contracts involved. I’m sorry that I tried to correct you, carry on with whatever world you wish to inhabit.

You must be a real joy to be around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcoble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-4?tu=jcoble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.