IMG_0504 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
kagen1 (resized).jpg
you-sir-are-a-knob-head (resized).jpg
20171016_052641.png
IMG_0503 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

The reason I don't like it, is that it's been done before. I honestly don't like the repeated theme and people get too defensive when pinsiders call it out on that. Then come the downvote posts because we don't like the theme? It is my unbiased opinion and I have no stake in it.
New pin, new innovation and then the theme is a repeat. One of those things is not like the other. I would like to see more innovation and thought process when themeing a pin, that's all. Don't we as consumers want that? Companies want more and more money every year for their product but offer recycled material, why? Well I think we know the answer, $$$. Let's make a product that's entirely new so people will want it that much more. Will the game sell, sure, they all do but they may be missing out on maximizing their sales in my opinion. Will I play it? Sure I'll play it. Will I buy it NIB? Not a chance and it's not for the reason of the pricing of new pins.
I'm not saying I have the next theme breakthrough idea however, I find this release as a lazy fillin to get product finalized. I'm sorry most on this thread don't agree. Feel free to agree or disagree. Thank you.

In my mind a theme is chosen to get the biggest ROI. Pretty much every theme has been taken to date that could be had. Probably the only one left of magnitude is HP. So you then are left with three door choices. Door #1, an original them....they just did that and are having limited success. Door #2, use a theme that hasn't been done before. To be honest, the choices are fairly scarce. No matter what you choose, there will be a limited market that will be drawn to it. Or Door #3, redo a theme that you can do a hell of a lot better than the first one. That is the door JJP took. Personally I don't blame them. If I were them, I would be looking for anything to get new customers that love pinball. The average age of Pinsiders is getting up there and are going to start dying off. You need something to get Millennials interested in pinball. That starts with a theme they can relate to. Oh btw, that new market has no clue it has been done before. Remember, for pinball to survive, they HAVE to get to the untapped market. This market will start dying off soon. That is the hard truth.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What don't you understand? Aside from the typo saying "not point" instead of "no point" which is embarrassing I dunno what isn't clear.
I'll say it more simply: saying choices for licenses are scarce is ridiculous.

Maybe I need to clarify. Licenses that meet the following criteria are more scarce than we realize...

1) Affordable
2) Being able to obtain in the first place (i.e. HP)
3) Family Friendly (seems to be a requirement for JJP....which I totally agree with)
4) Timeless (a quote from Jack)
5) Cross generational draw. This to me is one of the hardest things with a theme. When you really think about it. The options are not as numerous as we think.
6) One that you can actually build a good ruleset around

My point is that when you consider all of the above factors, the options are far from "limitless". Getting a theme wrong can be very bad for a company like JJP. They don't have unlimited bullets in their gun.

With that said, I get your point. There are options. Just some are really not great choices.....when I seem some of the suggestions on this site, I shudder.

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow they are already fully paid for and shipped..... lol. Its easy to put a fully refundable deposit down over hype and excitement. Hopefully everyone stays in over the next 8-10 month's but lots of new pins will be available before the first ce even ship.

"....lots of new pins will be available"

Huh? For those that put $ down on the CE's won't have any other options until maybe JJP #5 comes out. The only pinball options in that class is JJP. This is no different than other luxury items such as exotic cars or boats. There is a certain segment of the market now that wants only the best AND are willing to wait. JJP has entered that game and frankly are doing fairly well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-4?tu=iamabearsfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.