IMG_0504 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
kagen1 (resized).jpg
you-sir-are-a-knob-head (resized).jpg
20171016_052641.png
IMG_0503 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#295 6 years ago

I hope Eric, Keith, and company are more focused on rules, scoring, balances, gameplay, and code more so than having Johnny depp and Orlando blooms mug plastered everywhere. This is a pirates of the Caribbean themed pin; yes, cpt jack sparrow is the main character of the movie, but there are lots and lots of material and plots to pull from to make a killer ‘pinball’ game Rather than recreating the movie.

I do hope they incorporate more call outs than one character (Gibbs); whether it’s from the movie or more hired talent. you typically need some cushion and support when you have so many custom call outs from one character.

But, My biggest problem isn’t whether the theme music or characters will be incorporated, JJP has proven on all 3 of their pins that integration of a theme is one of their strongest assets, my problem though is my wife wants POTC and I want Dialed In! LOL. We can’t afford either at the moment, but if tax season is generous for us for once, then perhaps we can swing for the fences

absolutely love what JJP is doing with Pinball and their dedication to it. I’ve owned a WOZ in the past, but really looking forward to owning more JJP pins in the near future.

PS - Kevin and Nick absolutely NAILED the reveal streaming session. Kudos to you guys and all parties involved with the JJP reveal. Keep up the good work guys. You’re kickin butt!

2 months later
#359 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'm curious about the variations in gameplay on this game. From the JJp site:
"This fast-playing, challenging and feature packed game captures memorable scenes and elements from all top five motion pictures in the series, and hosts 3.25 sextillion game play variations, so you’ll never play the same game twice. Players can choose to play as one of 22 movie characters, fire their pinball-loaded cannon from the rocking Black Pearl on the upper playfield and enjoy features such as an interactive concentric map with 216 useable combinations for gamers to experience."
So lets add it up. 22 characters, 125 modes (5 modes selected at the start of the game), 216 map combinations. So where do they get the 3.25 sextillion game play variations? Just curious. When I played it there was alot of variety and I am sure its only 30% coded, but can you really play a different combination every time? Very interesting. Fun game! Can't wait to play it again.

I think someone posted Keith’s equation at one time. I’m not one to argue Keith’s brain
But I watched part of last weekends stream and the code looks much more polished than at expo. Still seems like there’s a lot to be done; but instructional tips between balls was very cool, the color lighting effects were very sweet. Even though the rage tilt guys had the game full blast, I had a hard time hearing the game. But, I only watched about 25 mins. Plan to watch more tonight.

Game is definitely on my radar and i think what one of the philly guys said (sorry don’t know their names) hit it on the head with how the game changes speed and pace in an instant. I haven’t played the game, but that was my observation from watching.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-4?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.