IMG_0504 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
kagen1 (resized).jpg
you-sir-are-a-knob-head (resized).jpg
20171016_052641.png
IMG_0503 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vdrums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 6 years ago

Looks stunning! Eric the designer (on twich reveal) explained 2 playfield elements missing from the standard edition, but I'd like to see more about the differences before deciding on placing an order.

#55 6 years ago

Anyone that has played this, can you compare pure game play vs. DI? Trying to decide which to choose.

Also on JJPotc it seems like you get even more for the $1000 upgrade to LE. JJP'S site mentions a shaker motor (as well as invisiglass, powder coating, and the two toys). Did I miss anything? This seems like more of an upgrade than DILE.

Another observation from the stream is that no one made the Cannon Shot, including skilled players or JJP folks. It seems that ago may need to be re thought.

#68 6 years ago

Crazy question but for anyone at the reveal, how was the lighting? I could see it was in a light room, but could the game benefit from a pinstadium if it was used in a dark environment? Clearly woz benefits from added light.

#72 6 years ago

Hmmm. Not to get political since this doesn't seem like the right place for it. I actually agree with both posters points being made but I think Tron's point was actually apolitical... He just mentioned an actors potentially illegal action for calling for violence.

#130 6 years ago

Since there is a Johnny Depp likeness after all, any hopes of a donnie brasco pin? That's one of his best.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

My wife won't even let me CONSIDER preordering, as she keeps reminding me how I've never even SEEN one of those movies.

Interesting.... I'm a huge consumer of film and yet I've never seen the movies either. (But have seen Depp's Donnie Basco many times- so you know where I'm coming from)

There is very few if any Theme's in pinball that really speak to me - except perhaps Magic. I think I'm much more about the specifics of the gameplay, how fun it is, the shots, how well thought out it is and doesnit have staying power. Houdini looks great (and I really like the art work as well ) but probably will buy POTC instead because it just seems like a better and more innovative game.

Also since POTC is very light on the movies clips, music and callouts, it seems like a generic pirate game.

If theme were such a huge issue to me I would have been all over Star Wars, and I simply wasn't.

BTW the only theme I absolutely hate is TWD. I was a fan of night of the living dead and dawn of the dead as kid but zombies tales hold zero appeal for me at this stage.

I would be psyched for a Pulp Fiction pin but based on who owns the license, Im skeptical it may not live up to its potential.

#193 6 years ago

There is a specific reason a pirate theme was chosen. Jack said in one of the recent interviews that when he was a selling machines (before JJP) he once took orders for 100 POTC in one day. That convinced him it was a theme that sold to a wide array of customers, including women.

So while I understand people lamenting for original themes, JJP clearly did this with DI. They have a great strategy on their last 2 releases - one completely original with no track record and one proven. And they hit a home run with both.

My only "problem" is deciding which one to order as my one and only pin.

I've played DI and love it, but I'm also tempted by that rocking play field onPOTC

Also KingPin has a right to be incredibly proud of his brother. I can't wait to see what other amazing stuff he will come up with in the future. ERic did say in an interview that it was actually a friend of his that experimented putting an entire play field on a rocking mechanism, and he thought the idea was perfect for a game about a pirate ship.

#212 6 years ago

It's been rumoured that Johnny Depp doesn't watch any of the movies he's in. So obviously he's not a moron and has excellent taste.

I'm still thinking of pulling the trigger on an LE. Wonder how long I'll be waiting with all the pre - orders ahead of me.

#242 6 years ago

I'm sure somone who had the standard would swap you.

2 weeks later
#320 6 years ago

I recently read an article written by an entertainment attorney about the first steps in offering an actor a role. Usage and likeness are basic parts of the agreement and it's obvious that in dealing with A list actors that they can dictate what rights are assigned and what aren't.

Do for anyone who states "they" should have done it this way or that way, doesn't know much about the complexity of rights assignments (not that I know much but I'm learning as I attempt to get a well known actor involved in my low budget comedy film.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vdrums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-4?tu=Vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.