IMG_0504 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
kagen1 (resized).jpg
you-sir-are-a-knob-head (resized).jpg
20171016_052641.png
IMG_0503 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago

if it's good POTCGood, if it's bad POTCASS.

I like those little lantern lights. Those are nice. Options to pick different characters is interesting. If they each have different abilities or different missions and endings.

I'm kind of getting a little SOF feel from that playfield layout. Except it's flipped. I'll have to see and play it in person to judge, but as it stands I don't hate the look overall.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Another observation from the stream is that no one made the Cannon Shot, including skilled players or JJP folks. It seems that ago may need to be re thought.

I played this several times. The reason the cannon shot was almost unobtainable, is because they changed the rocking motion to almost nonexistant, and made it always to the left, so you can hold the ball on the left side. Normally you can backhand that shot easy and were trying to make it so people can make the shot. Problem is, when they did that, the ball would just stay crotched even with the flipper down. making so the backhand thing didn't work. You can adjust how much rocking, and what angles the mini playfield moves. In a normal setting the shot is doable.

I have to say, I was actually pleased and surprised this game turns out to be really good. Felt great in the shot layout. Had plenty of shots available. Didn't feel confined like WOZ does. Screen display is still a little confusing, but easier to understand than hobbit. But not quite as easy as dialed in. But they are working on that aspect. So far I really like where this one is headed and it may be a JJP game I would want to own down the road.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

You have an Avengers and Transformers.

HEY! TF is a good game and looks awesome. Just enough elements of gen 1 to hold my interest.

I agree. I'm excited to have this game in the wild.

#158 6 years ago

I agree. $3000 difference for not much physical bonuses. Seems extremely steep. That certificate is getting more and more expensive. People going to have to start keeping those certificates in a safe since they seem to be costing $1000's now.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The topper on the CE is really cool but yeah can’t justify the CE price for me anyways.
I like the LE artwork better.

I have to say the topper is pretty cool, but I can't justify a topper costing 33% more than I paid for my car.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

My wife said I should buy it only if it has Orlando Bloom promently displayed in attract mode.

LOTR it is then.

#170 6 years ago

$8500 is a lot of a machine. You can almost get 2 NIB pros for that money. When justifying purchases, I always compare costs to other pinball things, to see if that one game can compare to the fun of 2, 3 , 4 or 10 games. The standard is almost 2k more than I paid for my premium.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Does I M Moon fall into this category?

no, you could buy 2 JJP games for something of that caliber.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

It's been rumoured that Johnny Depp doesn't watch any of the movies he's in. So obviously he's not a moron and has excellent taste.
I'm still thinking of pulling the trigger on an LE. Wonder how long I'll be waiting with all the pre - orders ahead of me.

he's missing out then, because edward scissorhands was amazing.

#221 6 years ago

and the DE SW(first one) is still the best With the ST line, I think STTNG is the best.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I guess Im getting dumber, because I cant find this answer.
Are there playfield toy differences between the Standard and CE or LE?
Someone I overheard said the upper playfield wont rock? or something with the spinning discs change?

gameplay is the same on all JJP games. Only difference is cosmetics.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Big missing thing on the standard is the rgb gi.... that's huge imo.

no it's not. Nobody should have colored bulbs in the GI's anyway.

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

That's still really cool, though, like if TZ had 100 episode modes.

I would have never seen lost in the zone then, because I had a hard enough time seeing it with only 12 modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-4?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.