IMG_0504 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
kagen1 (resized).jpg
you-sir-are-a-knob-head (resized).jpg
20171016_052641.png
IMG_0503 (resized).JPG
There are 365 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 6 years ago

A Pirates Life For Me existed and was part of the ride long before any Pirates movies. That is the song Inam referring to.

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

A Pirates Life For Me existed and was part of the ride long before any Pirates movies. That is the song Inam referring to.

You could probably ask Lloyd hum it to you while you play on a service call if its that important to you? Its a Pinball Machine not a movie Or a ride. If you must have the music buy the sound track or skip this title and move on....

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Sorry, but the music was composed for the movies in 2003, it is not being used in the ride as far as I know.

Stern POTC has the song from the ride. A bargain at $4000.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Ok, that is true. You referred in your original post to the Pirates Theme music, hence my post. And you are right, the music should be in there.

#355 6 years ago

So, outside of Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean font, what else is from the movie?

Did anyone get to play the games yesterday?

#356 6 years ago

About 200 people played the game at pinball gallery in Downingtown on Saturday. I was one of them. We played an LE.

Lets see, what else is from the movie? The playfield art has characters from the movie.
The backglass animations have single headshots of all characters from the movie.
There are no actors in the animations. All animations are from the movies but mostly show cut scenes of a ship or the deck, or non-people images.
The music sounds like a pirates movie, without having the pirates of the carribean assets. I assume the sounds engineer made alot of the music.
There are a bunch of callouts from one fo the actors from the movie, or it sounds like it anyway, I think his character name was Gibbs.
Other callouts are from sound alikes and sound great.

The game has an interesting layout, all rgb lighting including GI RGB. The right ramp leads to a rocking ship deck with a bunch of targets and has an area to load the cannon. There is a cool center shot locking chest and another ship on the left. Lots of targets and the spinning wheels in the center and an lcd compass in the apron. The detail is amazing and the lighting really sets up a nice moody environment. I'm sure others can elaborate but long story short, I think the game is fun and they have good game here.

Quoted from Mike_J:

So, outside of Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean font, what else is from the movie?
Did anyone get to play the games yesterday?

#357 6 years ago

Thanks for posting.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

About 200 people played the game at pinball gallery in Downingtown on Saturday. I was one of them. We played an LE.
Lets see, what else is from the movie? The playfield art has characters from the movie.
The backglass animations have single headshots of all characters from the movie.
There are no actors in the animations. All animations are from the movies but mostly show cut scenes of a ship or the deck, or non-people images.
The music sounds like a pirates movie, without having the pirates of the carribean assets. I assume the sounds engineer made alot of the music.
There are a bunch of callouts from one fo the actors from the movie, or it sounds like it anyway, I think his character name was Gibbs.
Other callouts are from sound alikes and sound great.
The game has an interesting layout, all rgb lighting including GI RGB. The right ramp leads to a rocking ship deck with a bunch of targets and has an area to load the cannon. There is a cool center shot locking chest and another ship on the left. Lots of targets and the spinning wheels in the center and an lcd compass in the apron. The detail is amazing and the lighting really sets up a nice moody environment. I'm sure others can elaborate but long story short, I think the game is fun and they have good game here.

#358 6 years ago

I'm curious about the variations in gameplay on this game. From the JJp site:

"This fast-playing, challenging and feature packed game captures memorable scenes and elements from all top five motion pictures in the series, and hosts 3.25 sextillion game play variations, so you’ll never play the same game twice. Players can choose to play as one of 22 movie characters, fire their pinball-loaded cannon from the rocking Black Pearl on the upper playfield and enjoy features such as an interactive concentric map with 216 useable combinations for gamers to experience."

So lets add it up. 22 characters, 125 modes (5 modes selected at the start of the game), 216 map combinations. So where do they get the 3.25 sextillion game play variations? Just curious. When I played it there was alot of variety and I am sure its only 30% coded, but can you really play a different combination every time? Very interesting. Fun game! Can't wait to play it again.

#359 6 years ago

I'm curious about the variations in gameplay on this game. From the JJp site:
"This fast-playing, challenging and feature packed game captures memorable scenes and elements from all top five motion pictures in the series, and hosts 3.25 sextillion game play variations, so you’ll never play the same game twice. Players can choose to play as one of 22 movie characters, fire their pinball-loaded cannon from the rocking Black Pearl on the upper playfield and enjoy features such as an interactive concentric map with 216 useable combinations for gamers to experience."
So lets add it up. 22 characters, 125 modes (5 modes selected at the start of the game), 216 map combinations. So where do they get the 3.25 sextillion game play variations? Just curious. When I played it there was alot of variety and I am sure its only 30% coded, but can you really play a different combination every time? Very interesting. Fun game! Can't wait to play it again.

I think someone posted Keith’s equation at one time. I’m not one to argue Keith’s brain
But I watched part of last weekends stream and the code looks much more polished than at expo. Still seems like there’s a lot to be done; but instructional tips between balls was very cool, the color lighting effects were very sweet. Even though the rage tilt guys had the game full blast, I had a hard time hearing the game. But, I only watched about 25 mins. Plan to watch more tonight.

Game is definitely on my radar and i think what one of the philly guys said (sorry don’t know their names) hit it on the head with how the game changes speed and pace in an instant. I haven’t played the game, but that was my observation from watching.

#360 6 years ago

The game wasn't updated to the latest software; I have no idea why not.

As for the 3.25 sextillion, that comes from the following:

From each of the 5 movies, there are 19, 20, 22, 21, and 23 chapters. We present whatever's selected in chronological order (even if we didn't I probably wouldn't count different orders of the same selection). So, for each movie, that gives us:

combin(19,5) = 11,628
combin(20,5) = 15,504
combin(22,5) = 26,334
combin(21,5) = 20,349
combin(23,5) = 33,649

And, multiply together to get: 3,250,729,616,121,660,000,000 (obviously rounded)

#361 6 years ago

I've never gotten the same score on NGG, so wouldn't it be fair to say I've never played the same game twice on that either?

#362 6 years ago

ok, so for the first one, that's 19 chapters and 5 arrangements of the chapter as you are playing?
http://www.mathcelebrity.com/permutation.php?num=19&den=5&pl=Combinations
So there are 11,628 potential combinations of movie scenes from the first movie.

So the calculations are on the movies scene arrangements not the characters playing out? So for example I could play the Elizabeth Swann character and expect a possibility of seeing 11,628 combinations of movie scenes from the first movie? So not the same movie scene for doing the same thing with the same character? Is that right?

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The game wasn't updated to the latest software; I have no idea why not.
As for the 3.25 sextillion, that comes from the following:
From each of the 5 movies, there are 19, 20, 22, 21, and 23 chapters. We present whatever's selected in chronological order (even if we didn't I probably wouldn't count different orders of the same selection). So, for each movie, that gives us:
combin(19,5) = 11,628
combin(20,5) = 15,504
combin(22,5) = 26,334
combin(21,5) = 20,349
combin(23,5) = 33,649
And, multiply together to get: 3,250,729,616,121,660,000,000 (obviously rounded)

#363 6 years ago

So the calculations are on the movies scene arrangements not the characters playing out? So for example I could play the Elizabeth Swann character and expect a possibility of seeing 11,628 combinations of movie scenes from the first movie? So not the same movie scene for doing the same thing with the same character? Is that right?

Yes. The chapters and chapter arrangements have no relation to your character (other than the fact that the character you select does NOT need to be shot during any chapter they appear in, they are spotted (including points) for free).

Every chapter (all 125) does have a unique combination of characters, however, so I feel still fairly justified in their uniqueness.

If you included the character choice, I guess you could say there's 70 sext+ possibilities.

#364 6 years ago

Intriguing and interesting. Add that to a fun game and you have a winner. Thanks for the explanation.

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yes. The chapters and chapter arrangements have no relation to your character (other than the fact that the character you select does NOT need to be shot during any chapter they appear in, they are spotted (including points) for free).
Every chapter (all 125) does have a unique combination of characters, however, so I feel still fairly justified in their uniqueness.
If you included the character choice, I guess you could say there's 70 sext+ possibilities.

1 week later
#365 6 years ago

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean is now on location over at Level 257. Go over and check it out. After you get done call your local distributor (or one that you like to deal with) and get all your questions answered.

Before it is asked, no i do not have an idea on when shipping will begin.

Let me know what you think of the game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 365 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-4/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.