IMG_0504 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
kagen1 (resized).jpg
you-sir-are-a-knob-head (resized).jpg
20171016_052641.png
IMG_0503 (resized).JPG
There are 365 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 6 years ago

Pics from Chicago Expo. Taking preorders. No deposit.

IMG_6169 (resized).JPGIMG_6169 (resized).JPG

IMG_6171 (resized).JPGIMG_6171 (resized).JPG

IMG_6172 (resized).JPGIMG_6172 (resized).JPG

IMG_6174 (resized).JPGIMG_6174 (resized).JPG

IMG_6175 (resized).JPGIMG_6175 (resized).JPG

IMG_6176 (resized).JPGIMG_6176 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago
#3 6 years ago

Widebody and 5 flippers? I'm interested!

#4 6 years ago

So what's the abbreviation of this game going to be since it already exist?

#5 6 years ago

Shiver me timbers!!!

#6 6 years ago

What's are these expected to start shipping? Any idea on timetable?

#7 6 years ago

First quarter next year. 5 flippers and widebody.

#8 6 years ago

I'm watching Kevin's Buffalo Pinball stream on Twitch and this game looks like a ton of fun. I was a bit surprised to hear Pirates of the Caribbean as the theme because it has been done, but after seeing the new game, who cares?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

What's are these expected to start shipping? Any idea on timetable?

The designer said they will ship first quarter of next year. Code at 20%.

Did JJP state a price yet?

#10 6 years ago

Code 20% done according to the designer.

#12 6 years ago

I think this is one game I'm going to have to buy

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Did JJP state a price yet?

$8500 SE, $9500 LE, $12,500 CE

#14 6 years ago

Theme SUCKS as do the movies! No interest in this turd!

#15 6 years ago

Because WoZ and phones are such great themes, but look how fantastic those games ended up being.

I wasn't interested in the theme but after watching the game play I'm figuring out if I can swing one.

#16 6 years ago

Am I in the minority that prefers standard body? So stoked how DI plays being a standard body.

It does seem to play pretty fast tho - innovative layout.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

You own Rocky and Bullwinkle, Kiss, and The Flintstones. Your credibility on theme is shaky at best.

#18 6 years ago

Looks great, buy why do we need another POTC? I think the movie series is weak and there are so many better themes than this. I wish JJP the best but not for me.

#19 6 years ago

if it's good POTCGood, if it's bad POTCASS.

I like those little lantern lights. Those are nice. Options to pick different characters is interesting. If they each have different abilities or different missions and endings.

I'm kind of getting a little SOF feel from that playfield layout. Except it's flipped. I'll have to see and play it in person to judge, but as it stands I don't hate the look overall.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

plus i dont want to star at that d-bag johnny dep when i play a game.
really really dislike the person!

#21 6 years ago

Theme is great, love pirates (first few anyways) at least now along with hobbit jjp has two theres that dont suck!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Am I in the minority that prefers standard body? So stoked how DI plays being a standard body.

No, I usually don't like wide bodies.

Are the spinning disks under plastic with magnets because they don't always appear to move the path of the ball a lot of the time? Is the boat rocking at the top right annoying after awhile?

#24 6 years ago

IMG_6184 (resized).JPGIMG_6184 (resized).JPG

IMG_6187 (resized).JPGIMG_6187 (resized).JPG

IMG_6188 (resized).JPGIMG_6188 (resized).JPG

IMG_6189 (resized).JPGIMG_6189 (resized).JPG

IMG_6191 (resized).JPGIMG_6191 (resized).JPG

IMG_6193 (resized).JPGIMG_6193 (resized).JPG

IMG_6197 (resized).JPGIMG_6197 (resized).JPG

IMG_6198 (resized).JPGIMG_6198 (resized).JPG

IMG_6199 (resized).JPGIMG_6199 (resized).JPG

IMG_6200 (resized).JPGIMG_6200 (resized).JPG

IMG_6201 (resized).JPGIMG_6201 (resized).JPG

IMG_6202 (resized).JPGIMG_6202 (resized).JPG

IMG_6207 (resized).JPGIMG_6207 (resized).JPG

#25 6 years ago

Looks stunning! Eric the designer (on twich reveal) explained 2 playfield elements missing from the standard edition, but I'd like to see more about the differences before deciding on placing an order.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

I prefer standard bodies. I’m wondering if those extra inches are enough that I can’t get the pin around my doorway and stuff.

Great looking game. Playfield is loaded and the art is supreme. JJP really knows how to make a pin look great.

I have room for 1 more pin and JJP will be my last game so I’m waiting for toy story. Price is pretty steep. But lots of time to save.

#27 6 years ago

yeah 6 downvotes ill take it!
12500 for the ce wow, i can see those fetching 8000 next year.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Looks stunning! Eric the designer (on twich reveal) explained 2 playfield elements missing from the standard edition, but I'd like to see more about the differences before deciding on placing an order.

It's just two decorative playfield figures. JJP doesn't do gameplay differences between models.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

$8500 SE, $9500 LE, $12,500 CE

"Oh" SE, "My" LE, "God" CE

I was wowed by the release. Like lots of us, I said, no, lame. But then as I watched the stream and saw some of the VERY cool features of the game I thought... Hmmmm, cool, maybe. But the appropriate edition for me is $9500. I have plenty of disposable income for pinball. However $9500 is just a non-starter for me. I just will not go that far on a single game.

#30 6 years ago

Game is really cool! I wasn’t a big fan of Hobbit or Dialed In. IMHO, this game blows them away. A lot going on, 3 spinning discs that give you rewards. Not a huge fan of mini play fields. This one is awesome. Left ramp is sweet with the diverted drop hole. Great ball lock with the chest. Tons of shots. Eric M. Hit a grand slam out of the park.

#31 6 years ago

What is the upper flipper used for on the main playfield?

#32 6 years ago

Looks interesting and I like the bright vivid colors on the playfield. I do not care for the big characters on the sides of machine. Not sure if I am going to like the layout. The tight space in middle with right ramp protruding towards center looks like it could be brick city. I also do not care for mini upper playfields. I am excited to play it and I hope I will like it because I love the theme. I need to stop being so picky and have an open mind-Looks fantastic!

I also need to add that it looks like it is built well and shows quality.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

What is the upper flipper used for on the main playfield?

There is an inner loop under the mini olayfield like on shadow and ripleys

#34 6 years ago

What do you guys think about having to repeatedly press the top button as fast as you can? Seems to be a trend with Star Wars and collecting the tie fighters and now with JJPOTC. I don't like it, feels like I am playing the 1983 Track & Field arcade game instead of pinball.

#35 6 years ago

IMG_6208 (resized).PNGIMG_6208 (resized).PNG

IMG_6209 (resized).PNGIMG_6209 (resized).PNG

IMG_6210 (resized).PNGIMG_6210 (resized).PNG

IMG_6211 (resized).PNGIMG_6211 (resized).PNG

#36 6 years ago

I love the barnacles on the LE trim picture, but I do not see it on Prototype? I wonder how they will actually pull it off or is it just for advertising? I remember when PPS had a flyer with shiny gold trim for MMR-it did not even come close to looking like advertisement picture. How can they create texture like that on a smooth rail? If it is not made of metal or welded, I could see people picking at it. Will the barnacles be included on the LE trim, or is that just fluff?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I love the barnacles on the LE trim picture, but I do not see it on Prototype? I wonder how they will actually pull it off or is it just for advertising? I remember when PPS had a flyer with shiny gold trim for MMR-it did not even come close to looking like advertisement picture. How can they create texture like that on a smooth rail? If it is not made of metal or welded, I could see people picking at it. Will the barnacles be included on the LE trim, or is that just fluff?

Barnacles are on the CE model. They are molded by Matt at back alley. The general is there, but the layout might change.

#38 6 years ago

I know alot of people arent allowed to like Jonny depp so for them, CE it is! Which, IMO, looks pretty bad-ass! Theme isnt for me but I'm really fired up that JJP is making great pins. I'm REAAALLLLYYYY hopeful they do a BTTF or Goonies pin at some point. Those would be 'take my money' situations for sure.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

They are molded by Matt at back alley

So are they welded on and painted? Or is it just like foam and peel and stick?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

"Oh" SE, "My" LE, "God" CE
I was wowed by the release. Like lots of us, I said, no, lame. But then as I watched the stream and saw some of the VERY cool features of the game I thought... Hmmmm, cool, maybe. But the appropriate edition for me is $9500. I have plenty of disposable income for pinball. However $9500 is just a non-starter for me. I just will not go that far on a single game.

I'm with you.

The game looks great, but I'm not dropping 10K on one.

#41 6 years ago

What does the ship in the upper left do? Is it interactive or decoration?

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What does the ship in the upper left do? Is it interactive or decoration?

It's a target. There's some method to launch balls from the uppper mini playfield at it.

The part that interests me is that there was mention that players will be able to steal points and even bonus balls from other players.

#43 6 years ago

Guys that played it, how were the sounds? It didn't seem to have many movie clips like Hobbit. I know code is really early, but did Keith mention making more movie clips to get immersion level high? Love everything I see, just curious on sounds and LCD interaction.

#45 6 years ago

Looks really kewl and innovative. The pricing is a bit high but I'm not feeling the POTC theme... Look forward to seeing more gameplay and about it.

Maybe JJP#5 will hook me.

#46 6 years ago

He apologized for that by the way. You'd probably be surprised how many people have said they hope "such and such president" gets shot. Actually, you wouldn't. I've heard it from both sides about the last 4 presidents*. Heck, and from both sides about the candidate that lost in the last several elections too.

Edit*: And I bet it happened for decades before that.

#47 6 years ago

I do NOT care for POTC as a movie/franchise, but GOD DAMN does that game look fun as shit. WOW. Well done Jack. You guys are really shaping up.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Guys that played it, how were the sounds? It didn't seem to have many movie clips like Hobbit. I know code is really early, but did Keith mention making more movie clips to get immersion level high? Love everything I see, just curious on sounds and LCD interaction.

i did not play it YET. but the game sounds of a pirate ship on the sea. with alot of sound effects with each switch you hit. voices, LCD clips, compass, everything integrated very well.

#49 6 years ago

I bought my Dialed In from Abel Electronics, Great people to deal with. My POTC Le is on order with them also.
They are Highly recommended!

#50 6 years ago

Holy sh?t, does this game every look amazing. I actually had wanted to pick up a potc for awhile now (stern) but in light of this reveal, I'm glad I waited. Amazing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 365 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-4/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.