(Topic ID: 247066)

Pirates LE Screen Display Issue after Code Update How to Fix?

By DreamTR

38 days ago

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pirates 2 (resized).jpg
    Pirates (resized).jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 34 days ago

Nope. Going to go back to 0.90 tomorrow and hope a jjp drive with 0.99 works

#52 34 days ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

Nope. Going to go back to 0.90 tomorrow and hope a jjp drive with 0.99 works

Nope? What was the behavior when you switched the cables?

#53 34 days ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Nope? What was the behavior when you switched the cables?

Same as the other monitor, 1/3 screen.

#54 34 days ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

Same as the other monitor, 1/3 screen.

Ah gotcha.... good news is that your hardware is okay... bad news is that you have a software issue. (Which we pretty much already knew)

1 week later
    #55 23 days ago

Update just so everyone knows.

New code from JJP drive put in. Same issue.

Was told cable from little monitor to CPU was issue.

They sent that, installed that, same issue.

So we are still at square 1, 1/3 screen remains.

#56 23 days ago

So let me get this straight. Directly after you updated code your main monitor will only display the whole video output on 1/3 or so of the physical screen? And if you swap cables between monitors (apparently you have two HDMI cables and monitors in use, I have dvi and vga) the 1/3 issue travels to the other monitor? So the proper content is shown respective of the monitor but now only 1/3 of the screen on the small monitor works? I'm trying to follow the details.

It's either the cable, os/drivers or motherboard if this is the case. Do you have any other HDMI cable to try from a tv or something? I'd try to exclude jjp provided components as much as possible to eliminate component and source. Use a new HDMI and computer monitor or tv if you have one, etc. Only thing that would be untouched is the motherboard.

If you still have an issue then it's either motherboard/pc component, os/driver or possibly game software (I have no idea how the game software interacts with os level hardware control, it obviously controls display parameters but not sure if it could be at fault).

Either way it should be stupid cheap for them to send you mobo and hard drive. Like stupid cheap. If you know it isn't monitor and cable then that's all that is left and it's all replaced in 2 components.

#57 22 days ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

So let me get this straight. Directly after you updated code your main monitor will only display the whole video output on 1/3 or so of the physical screen? And if you swap cables between monitors (apparently you have two HDMI cables and monitors in use, I have dvi and vga) the 1/3 issue travels to the other monitor? So the proper content is shown respective of the monitor but now only 1/3 of the screen on the small monitor works? I'm trying to follow the details.
    It's either the cable, os/drivers or motherboard if this is the case. Do you have any other HDMI cable to try from a tv or something? I'd try to exclude jjp provided components as much as possible to eliminate component and source. Use a new HDMI and computer monitor or tv if you have one, etc. Only thing that would be untouched is the motherboard.
    If you still have an issue then it's either motherboard/pc component, os/driver or possibly game software (I have no idea how the game software interacts with os level hardware control, it obviously controls display parameters but not sure if it could be at fault).
    Either way it should be stupid cheap for them to send you mobo and hard drive. Like stupid cheap. If you know it isn't monitor and cable then that's all that is left and it's all replaced in 2 components.

They told me it was my USB thing that may have been corrupted even though we updated two other JJP games that day with no issue. They sent me their full code on it which I had to pay $22 for. Same issue.

Then they told me it was my cable from the little monitor to the CPU. They sent me another one of those. Same issue.

When I did this with the DVI cable to HDMI cable it did the same thing on my monitor to their monitor, etc. THat is the only thing not changed at this point. The motherboard has to be the issue because of one big glaring thing...nothing was wrong until I installed this code update.

#58 22 days ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

They told me it was my USB thing that may have been corrupted even though we updated two other JJP games that day with no issue. They sent me their full code on it which I had to pay $22 for. Same issue.
    Then they told me it was my cable from the little monitor to the CPU. They sent me another one of those. Same issue.
    When I did this with the DVI cable to HDMI cable it did the same thing on my monitor to their monitor, etc. THat is the only thing not changed at this point. The motherboard has to be the issue because of one big glaring thing...nothing was wrong until I installed this code update.

I get no picture on the small monitor but 1/3 of the screen on the big monitor.

I only get big monitor picture if I plug the cable from the little monitor to the big monitor INSTEAD of the cpu

#59 22 days ago

I think I'm following your. They should also come to the same decision but if not maybe you can steer that direction

#60 22 days ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

I agree, but I have had a USB drive "just go bad" after using it over and over. Doesnt happen often, but it's an easy enough to try out.

same here, and it was on hobbit as a matter of fact.

#61 21 days ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

same here, and it was on hobbit as a matter of fact.

well it was proven that was definitely not the case here.

2 weeks later
    #62 7 days ago

Update, I was told I needed a new LCD. They shipped a replacement. We still have the same issue with the game. So now I have been told it is my USB, my cable, and now the LCD.

I stand by day 1 this being a CPU issue.

#63 7 days ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

Update, I was told I needed a new LCD. They shipped a replacement. We still have the same issue with the game. So now I have been told it is my USB, my cable, and now the LCD.
    I stand by day 1 this being a CPU issue.

Agreed... you knew it wasn’t the monitor once you swapped the cable over to the other screen and it did the exact same thing.... I am really surprised they thought it was the monitor.

#64 7 days ago

CPU meaning something with the mobo/cpu/hard drive combo, yeah. Most likely the mobo because it has the video card built in. Doubt it is software, just seems coincidental to your update which made it harder to diagnose. Unlikely the actual CPU or the hard drive, but if it were me I'd just send them all out and ask for the others shipped back with a return label. But that's just me.

#65 6 days ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

CPU meaning something with the mobo/cpu/hard drive combo, yeah. Most likely the mobo because it has the video card built in. Doubt it is software, just seems coincidental to your update which made it harder to diagnose. Unlikely the actual CPU or the hard drive, but if it were me I'd just send them all out and ask for the others shipped back with a return label. But that's just me.

It still goes back to the assumption of it being noted as "my fault" initially with "did I get someone to put the code in right" and "do you have some qualified that knows what they are doing" etc etc. I know that is essentially doing their job but we aren't new to this and again, it's a location pin. We have tons of machines and have been open 11 years. I just want the thing fixed already so it is mega frustrating having an incomplete $9000+ item.

I hope Wonka doesn't have issues. It's already reset twice.

#66 6 days ago

I hear the frustration. While, I haven't had the same issue with JJP I have had my share and it's maddening such a high priced ticket has such lesser support. If you grab a motherboard to match what is there you could probably swap it in with a few BIOS changes and solve your issue. $100 or something probably, but we know they should be replacing it. The coincidence was tough but can't rely on just that situation to judge the issue. Can't believe they shipped you a monitor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 149.00
    $ 11.95
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 208.87
    $ 26.50
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside