Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SmartSelect_20200514-012529_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190617_103501294c (resized).jpg
    trophies 2019 (3) (resized).jpg
    trophies 2019 (1) (resized).jpg
    internet9 (resized).jpg
    internet6 (resized).jpg
    internet3 (resized).jpg
    internet4 (resized).jpg
    internet 2 (resized).jpg
    queen annes revenge flyer (resized).jpg
    DSCN2022 (resized).JPG
    DSCN2021 (resized).JPG
    DSCN2023 (resized).JPG
    DSCN2026 (resized).JPG
    DSCN2029 (resized).JPG
    DSCN2031 (resized).JPG

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

This turned out great! Thanks for sharing.

2 weeks later
    #102 4 years ago

The ancient Mariner has boarded my ship

IMG_20190617_103501294c (resized).jpgIMG_20190617_103501294c (resized).jpg
    #103 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The ancient Mariner has boarded my ship[quoted image]

Has a Spike board failed on it yet?

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Has a Spike board failed on it yet?

not yet, but at least they have schematics available finally.

8 months later
    #105 4 years ago

Totally Amazing!

#106 4 years ago

All of this amazing hard work and statues for a theme and you don't have a Black Rose? I mean its like being inside of that game!

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

All of this amazing hard work and statues for a theme and you don't have a Black Rose? I mean its like being inside of that game!

Wow!

Or a Stern or JJP POTC....

2 months later
    #108 3 years ago

someone asked me for a video walk through of the gameroom, so I shot one today. figured i'd do it while I had the time to do it.

#109 3 years ago

admittedly; I'm still jelly.
    Nice work.

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

someone asked me for a video walk through of the gameroom, so I shot one today. figured i'd do it while I had the time to do it.

Fabulous! Excellent attention to detail. Love the Nuka Cola Machine too.

#111 3 years ago

My dream game room. I wish I was in your league. I would love to hear a creaking hull and waves sound playing on speakers. It would be like the real thing. The barrel mural was genious!

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

My dream game room. I wish I was in your league. I would love to hear a creaking hull and waves sound playing on speakers. It would be like the real thing. The barrel mural was genious!

I actually thought about putting a subtle sound packaged like that in the room. I still might. Also wanted to have windows with monitors in them, watching the open sea horizon bob up and down.

#113 3 years ago

As is, this still is (and has been) my favorite gameroom that I have ever seen. The sound package and virtual windows (portholes) will only add to the awesomeness!!

#114 3 years ago

nice work neo, something to be proud of.

#115 3 years ago

If someone just told you randomly "I dressed up my gameroom to look like a pirate ship" you'd probably picture something corny and terrible in your head.

I've been to a whole one tournaments at Neo's since he finished it up, so I have seen it in person.

Neo really pulled off the look to a high degree of quality. It's pretty freakin' sweet.

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

If someone just told you randomly "I dressed up my gameroom to look like a pirate ship" you'd probably picture something corny and terrible in your head.
    I've been to a whole one tournaments at Neo's since he finished it up, so I have seen it in person.
    Neo really pulled off the look to a high degree of quality. It's pretty freakin' sweet.

TY. pretty happy it turned out the way I imagined. or close to it anyway. Wish my ceiling was about 2 ft higher, but it works.

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Awesome! What game was the first attract mode sound when you got to the bottom of the steps? Sounded like a a Williaqms, but I wasn't sure which one.

Chris

#118 3 years ago

probably mephisto. it makes lots of noise and I don't know how to turn off the attract sounds.

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

probably mephisto. it makes lots of noise and I don't know how to turn off the attract sounds.

Ah, ok. Never seen that game in person. Sure sounded like classic Williams sounds!

Chris

#120 3 years ago

i just watched the video again and I do hear alien poker sometimes in the video as well. I don't know if I can turn attract sounds off on that one either. I'll investigate.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i just watched the video again and I do hear alien poker sometimes in the video as well. I don't know if I can turn attract sounds off on that one either. I'll investigate.

I wouldn't! It's great and sounds like an arcade

Love the old Williams sounds!

#122 3 years ago

Beautiful room, I am very curious to pics with the machines switched on.

#123 3 years ago
    Quoted from HarrieD:

Beautiful room, I am very curious to pics with the machines switched on.

what do you mean?

if I keep attract sounds on all games, it just gets way to noisy. Especially during events.

#124 3 years ago

I actually never got a chance to see how the space looked before you started. The basement is so cool. I like coming over and seeing all the new little details you add. That barrel garbage can is one of my favs.

The theme is so well executed.

All those years of the pirate wench greeting you at the front door at the old house have paid off.

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what do you mean?
    if I keep attract sounds on all games, it just gets way to noisy. Especially during events.

The movie is with the machines switched on, on the photo's they're all switched off. I always switch on the machines when showing of the room.

#126 3 years ago

CaptainNeo Did you make the Ships in bottle?

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from Axl:

CaptainNeo Did you make the Ships in bottle?

nope. I have a source to buy those. They work great for trophies.

#128 3 years ago

What a cool room setup. My friend local said he visited and the pictures don't do it justice. Awesome work.

#130 3 years ago

I'm sure that dark video doesn't do it justice either. I mean imagine sitting in the captain's room drinking Grog and singing "what do you do with a drunken sailor".
    Ok, just got an idea for those nights of "cannon fire". Hang cots from hooks from the ceiling for sailors who pass out after tournaments? The watering buckets may come in handy?

SmartSelect_20200514-012529_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20200514-012529_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #131 3 years ago

yes, but this is suppose to be the hull, storage area. Not the barracks section.

#132 3 years ago

Hey Captain, just saw the walk thru. Nice job on that. To all: I have seen it and it's spectacular. I vote for the soundtrack- seagulls, buoy bells, waves, etc. That would be very cool.

Don C.

#133 3 years ago

i'm working on the sound aspect of it. I have the sound track already. 10hr loop. Working on finding the right bluetooth speakers that allow me to daisy chain them via bluetooth.

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirate-ship-gameroom-renovation-project/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.