1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 88 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SmartSelect_20200514-012529_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190617_103501294c (resized).jpg
    trophies 2019 (3) (resized).jpg
    trophies 2019 (1) (resized).jpg
    internet9 (resized).jpg
    internet6 (resized).jpg
    internet3 (resized).jpg
    internet4 (resized).jpg
    internet 2 (resized).jpg
    queen annes revenge flyer (resized).jpg
    DSCN2022 (resized).JPG
    DSCN2021 (resized).JPG
    DSCN2023 (resized).JPG
    DSCN2026 (resized).JPG
    DSCN2029 (resized).JPG
    DSCN2031 (resized).JPG

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vdrums:

Looks fantastic but honestly I assumed the reason you were building this was because you owned a POTC or jjpotc. I really like that game.

nope. I've been planning this project for when I moved for the past 10 years. The idea came after I acquired the pirate captain. Then ended up buying the hanging wench. So then I started collecting the spanish lanterns, and preplanning way ahead of time. I knew I was moving someday.

#52 1 year ago

Am I the only one curious as to what this hole is for? Insert coin and then.......?????

Picture1 (resized).png
    #53 1 year ago

Looks awesome man! How about some fake port holes in the walls? Also, some real wooden barrels
    would be cool to use as finishing touches.
    Was that wallpaper you used on the corner wall where the one wench is?
    I'm looking for some decent brick looking wallpaper to use in my game room.

#54 1 year ago

I’m starting to feel bad for low income families. Awesome room.

#55 1 year ago

actually, that's a speaker. Fortune teller is fully animated and gives a paper fortune as well as a verbal one.

the captains quarters room with the painted ceiling is all wallpaper. Everything else is textured wood paneling.

btw, I am low income. I'm just really good with the money I have. no car payments, no credit card payments. If I can't pay cash for it, I don't buy it (except the house) Most of this stuff has been collected over a period of 10+ years.

#56 1 year ago

here's better pictures of the captains quarters, Which can fit 5 games. Also has the couch and all the video game systems, and TV center. Finished painting all the beams in the main room. Closets installed under the stair area for storage.

IMG_20190425_213342084 (resized).jpgIMG_20190425_213402591 (resized).jpgIMG_20190425_213424457 (resized).jpgIMG_20190425_213442826 (resized).jpgIMG_20190425_213534851 (resized).jpgIMG_20190425_213606876 (resized).jpg
    #57 1 year ago

Amazing work Neo !

Got me searching Ebay for pirate statues.

LTG : )

#58 1 year ago

the same company makes 100's of these. You can get all kinds of stuff like elvis, marilyn Monroe, blues brothers, you name it. Lots of choices.

#59 1 year ago

I have to admit, I read your first post and I was thinking, eh, I'm not sure it will be convincing / worth it. Then I saw the rest of the work and I'm blown away. Especially the stairway down with the light fixture and faux door. Bravo, dude.

#60 1 year ago

Fantastic Job! It turned out great.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

I have to admit, I read your first post and I was thinking, eh, I'm not sure it will be convincing / worth it. Then I saw the rest of the work and I'm blown away. Especially the stairway down with the light fixture and faux door. Bravo, dude.

Agreed. This project came together nicely. F%$#ing bad@$$!! Great job Neo.

#62 1 year ago

Amazing work “Captain”...

Robert

#63 1 year ago

well, everything is pretty much done now, so now I get to do the process of organizing the games effectively. Which isn't the easiest, since some games are wider, and some are longer, which means they have specific spots where they are most effective, due to different wall lengths and room sizes.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Which isn't the easiest, since some games are wider, and some are longer, which means they have specific spots where they are most effective, due to different wall lengths and room sizes.

LoL... Seems like a good problem to have.

#65 1 year ago

Looks amazing!!! Is Greg still going to shiver your timbers?!?!?!

#66 1 year ago

btw, i'm going to be doing an Annual tournament on July 20th. I'll put out the official sign up soon, it's going to be a duel IFPA tournament. Trophies for the initial tournament (pin bowling format) (pirates booty) and A and B division for the Main tourny (mini pinburgh type scoring) (Queen Anne's Revenge).
    queen annes revenge flyer (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #67 1 year ago

Here is how the gameroom is looking so far. Pretty much done. Now it's about deciding what games are going to be where. I still have 18 more machines to move into it, but that will be little by little here and there.

DSCN2021 (resized).JPGDSCN2022 (resized).JPGDSCN2023 (resized).JPGDSCN2026 (resized).JPGDSCN2027 (resized).JPGDSCN2029 (resized).JPGDSCN2031 (resized).JPG
    #68 1 year ago

Holly Crap Captain!!!! Looks awesome!!!

#69 1 year ago

Great execution! I would say you nailed your theme. Bet it looks awesome with lights on low and the games on.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

with lights on low and the games on.

Things a dude should never say to another dude

#71 1 year ago

LOL, indeed. Yes, it gives off a great ambiance. Perfect amount of light. Night to bright, but enough to give the playfields a little extra to be able to see better. And no glare.

#72 1 year ago

You did an amazing job Neo !

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

btw, I am low income.

And all this time I just figured you were a cheap ass

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

And all this time I just figured you were a cheap ass

i'm both. Mostly because i'm low income.

#75 1 year ago

Major shekels. Bravo

#76 1 year ago

Looks awesome! You should get and hang a couple of portholes on the walls.

I'm regretting putting those vinyl planks down on my concrete floor without a moisture barrier. The installation instructions said we didn't need one, so we didn't, and now the seams are lifting. I think during the cold winter the cold temperatures and humidity coming up from the concrete has caused the lifting. Really disappointing as the floor was quite beautiful but now has some ugly lift lines. Each plank has a glue strip and it appears the glue is letting loose.

#77 1 year ago

Another "bravo" post. I especially liked reading the details of how you did certain parts of the remodel/transformation.
    -Adam

#78 1 year ago

You can come over and re-do my garage anytime!

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jackalwere:

Looks awesome! You should get and hang a couple of portholes on the walls.
    I'm regretting putting those vinyl planks down on my concrete floor without a moisture barrier. The installation instructions said we didn't need one, so we didn't, and now the seams are lifting. I think during the cold winter the cold temperatures and humidity coming up from the concrete has caused the lifting. Really disappointing as the floor was quite beautiful but now has some ugly lift lines. Each plank has a glue strip and it appears the glue is letting loose.

might depend on the thickness you go with as well. I got the super thick 6mm ones. So far things are good.

#80 1 year ago

Looks great Neo

#81 1 year ago

I will echo that the room looks great! You certainly nailed the theme!

May I ask - What brand flooring did you go with, it is an easy install, did it need to be glued down, and it is OK with the weight of games / etc.?

Thank you
    Chris

#82 1 year ago

Missed this thread before. Damn Neo...that is awesome! Hope to make it to the tourney and see it in person. Great job!

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I will echo that the room looks great! You certainly nailed the theme!
    May I ask - What brand flooring did you go with, it is an easy install, did it need to be glued down, and it is OK with the weight of games / etc.?
    Thank you
    Chris

It's Expressa at Menards. Color : Bronzed Acacia. SKU#7256590. 6mm Vinyl plank.

no base needed. Has a rubber grip like backing already applied. Just put in at a 45 degree angle and drop. Pretty easy. Lifetime residential warranty.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's Expressa at Menards. Color : Bronzed Acacia. SKU#7256590. 6mm Vinyl plank.
    no base needed. Has a rubber grip like backing already applied. Just put in at a 45 degree angle and drop. Pretty easy. Lifetime residential warranty.

Thank you for the information! Been looking for something waterproof that looks nice for the basement to cover the Race Deck we have down there.

Chris

#85 1 year ago

Had league this weekend. First time the gameroom had a big crowd. did a couple of add ons, added some barrels for tables. Spaced things out in the meantime, before I bring the rest of the games home.

internet 2 (resized).jpginternet3 (resized).jpginternet4 (resized).jpginternet6 (resized).jpginternet9 (resized).jpg
    #86 1 year ago

That's really cool! - you need cannons!!

Great job. That looks really fun.

#87 1 year ago

You had some great vision there Neo, on what the final look would be and how it all came together. Well done !

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I added some barrels for tables...

...but are they dual purpose and filled with pirate's rum?

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

...but are they dual purpose and filled with pirate's rum?

actually these were filled with wine. You can still hear some of it inside and smell it.

#91 1 year ago

Yep, this is sweet man. Well done.

#92 1 year ago

YES! Nice effort.
    Very impressive.

#93 1 year ago

Well done. Looks fantastic.

1 week later
    #94 1 year ago

Epic!
    Now you need a mini canon tho shoot old pinballs from!

#95 1 year ago

anything that would shoot old pinballs would probably be able to take out a car.

2 weeks later
    #96 12 months ago

There are still some spots available for July 20ths tournaments. $40 sign up, you get 2 IFPA tournaments, food and drinks. Trophies and prize money, plus giveaways.

trophies 2019 (1) (resized).jpgtrophies 2019 (3) (resized).jpg
    #97 12 months ago

What an Incredible space Wow! Not sure my wife with fly with the pirate lady statues but this looks absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing your work I may have gathered a few new creative ideas.

#98 12 months ago

This looks awesome ! You should install a hidden speaker system and set the volume to barely audible. Then play various pirate sounds and dialog from POTC and see if your guest think their going crazy hearing voices

#99 12 months ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

There are still some spots available for July 20ths tournaments. $40 sign up, you get 2 IFPA tournaments, food and drinks. Trophies and prize money, plus giveaways.[quoted image][quoted image]

Great custom prizes Neo!

#100 12 months ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Great custom prizes Neo!

I love how the trophies turned out. I'm sure I won't win one, since I never seem to win at my own events, but at least 12 people will have awesome trophies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    DBC Pinball
    $ 999.00
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 7,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 16.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 190.00
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 26.50
    $ 16.50
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 64.95
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside