Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Was playing a game got to 81,000 then the score stopped working pressed the credit button started a new game scores went back to zero but when started playing game would not score then after 10 mints of playing around the scores started working again then the score stopped working. Everything works good just the score stopped

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Raff:

game would not score

First, the score relays (L, M and N) are probably locking on when the game gets score but the reels don't turn. If they are locking on, don't leave them in that state or they'll burn up. And check (for example) this circuit especially the indicated 2 switches.

If the score relays aren't locking on, then you have a different problem from what I'm talking about here so let me know what they're doing.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#3 5 years ago

Hi howardr the (L, M and N) relays in the back box are not locking on. The R relay started making a loud buzzing sound after i moved the machine yesterday,so if a switch is out on the R relay would that stop player 1 & 2 scores from working and if yes which colour wire switch am i looking for ,and the buzzing sound on the relay is that just adjusting the switchs thanks. Howardr
Raff

#4 5 years ago

Do the L, M, and N relays activate when you activate playfield scoring switches?
Do the score reels turn when you manually activate the L, M, and N relays?

#5 5 years ago

Ok got the score working, took the bottom board out gave it a good clean and had a good look at all the relays, adjusted the switches on the R relay. Put the board back score came back. When I first turn the power on a game will start but when its game over I try starting anther game and it wont start unless I manual activate the T relay (Tilt Relay) or turn the power off and back on then it will start. The 2nd issue is it sometimes goes straight to 2 Players when I start a game, and the 3rd issue is when its only a 1 player game it will get stuck on the first ball just keeps shooting out the first ball.
Raff

#6 5 years ago

(Do the L, M, and N relays activate when you activate playfield scoring switches?
Do the score reels turn when you manually activate the L, M, and N relays? )
Yes all three relays are working and reels turning when relays are activated.
Raff.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Raff:

the score stopped working. Everything works good just the score stopped

Quoted from Raff:

(Do the L, M, and N relays activate when you activate playfield scoring switches?
Do the score reels turn when you manually activate the L, M, and N relays? )
Yes all three relays are working and reels turning when relays are activated.
Raff.

Then I'm not sure I understand what the problem is.
I'm hearing that:
1) the LMN relays activate with the playfield switches,
2) the score reels turn with the LMN relays,
3) but the score stopped.

#8 5 years ago

1/Hi howard i have fixed the problem with the score reels they now work.

2/ The only problem i have now is when the power on the pin is first turned on it will start a game ,but after the first game is finished if i try to start a anther game some of the relays energise but the pin will not start.

3/ If I turn the power off after a game is finished and back on a game will start all the time.

Sorry for the confusion.
Raff.

#9 5 years ago

If after a one player game, the Replay Button doesn't activate the Replay Button (V) relay, inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires.

#10 5 years ago

Turned machine on this morning and the score reels stopped working again ,

Do the L, M, and N relays activate when you activate playfield scoring switches?

Yes

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

No

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Check these switches and the circuits they're in

#13 5 years ago

Hi howardr just a bit lost on finding switch p2b, all these switch's with the p where do I find them.
Raff

#14 5 years ago

Maybe you don't need to know. Did you look at the R relay already?
The last page of your game's manual should have a picture like this. This is from fastdraw but it should be the same.

#15 5 years ago

Cheers howard just wanted to know where those p switches were but i am not going to touch them.
I have looked at the r relay .
I have the machine starting up and kicking the ball out the only two problems still are
1/ No score reels are moving

2/ After the first ball is lost the U relay stays energised.
If i can get these two problems solved should be good.
Raff

#16 5 years ago

Concentrating on the "No score reels are moving" problem, I think you have what you need from me. Let me know if I can offer more help though.

#17 5 years ago

Have narrowed the problem down the R Relay at the start up is not locking on if I manual activate the r relay score reels start working , if I loosen the screw that's holding the relay coil it will lock on but with a high buzzing sound.
Raff

#18 5 years ago

Just manipulate the switches on r so they make contact at all times. A small wire will work wrapped around coil keeping it pulled. If you can adjust it to where it’s not locked on and causing a racket do it.

#19 5 years ago

Thanks frb for that tip, I have gotten the buzzing sound down a lot and R relay is pulling in at start and staying there. Score reels are working again.
The only problem left is when the ball goes into the middle hole kicker it gives 500 points it should be 1000 points.
Raff

#20 5 years ago

Not sure why you're getting 500, but this is the circuit that should give 1000

#21 5 years ago

I got the 1000 points working again for some reason while the playdield was up it was giving 500 points. So everything now is working again just a slight buzz in the R relay other wise its good. Thanks to all for the help.
Raff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pioneer-score-stopped-working- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.