Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Pioneer-Work-05 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

The bonus earned is not working on the middle 1000 pt. hole. When the double bonus light is on it doesn't register & just kicks the ball out. Is this a switch problem or something else? I have & do have experience working on SS machines, but this is my first EM.

#2 5 years ago

The hole kicker solenoid can't fire while this switch is open. When this happens, what's happening with the Bonus Unit Score relay (E)?

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#3 5 years ago

Hi Ockeyhead
to work on I like the late 1960 to early 1970 EM-Pins. Later they got more and more complicated and the management cried for "save cost, save costs" --- so some "crummy things were made, not state of the art - but "it works". The feature not working in Your pin is rather complex - not ideal to learn about EM-Pin-Logic. I do not know the pin - I put together stuff from the schematics we may have to look at (see the JPG). Here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1802&picno=14774&zoom=1 we see the Bonus-Ladder and the indicating light "Double Bonus" just above the Bonus-Ladder. The indicating (Double-Bonus) light You mentioned is the one just below the Kickout hole. Please tell me: Does / should the Bonus-Ladder be stepped down in case "Double-Bonus-Kickout-Hole" ? --- or does /should You get just as many thousands points as are indicated by the Bonus-Ladder (in case "Double-Bonus-Kickout-Hole") ? Can You make the fault happen with the Playfield lifted ? Do You know where the "J-Bonus-Unit-Control-Relay" is located ? When You make the fault (no Double-Bonus-Kickout-Hole) happen --- DOES the J-Relay pull-in and stay pulling while the Score-Motor is doing a turn of 120 degrees ? also question: Does the green light on the playfield (Double Bonus) stay lit as the motor is doing the turn of 120 degrees ?
Look here http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Gottlieb.C2.AE_Score_Motor --- 4.4.1.3: HOW MANY switches are mounted in Your pin at Position "Score-Motor-1E" - in the schematics I have seen TWO - do You have more switches there ? I am interested in switch motor-1E having soldered-on wire-of-color-WH-GR, wire-of-color-BL-OR ? wires soldered-on ? contact-points clean - switch truely closing when actuated ? In this my first post I ask questions - theory later. Greetings Rolf

0Pioneer-Work-05 (resized).jpg0Pioneer-Work-05 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pioneer-bonus-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.