Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinWiz2180
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

500 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191227-212023 (resized).png
    wiki (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180322-181743 (resized).png
    Securi_Washing_Machine (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwilks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 4 years ago

I take it that the Pinwiki problems are still ongoing. I was looking to upload some pictures, but the upload file button still seems to be missing. Tried the "Contact me" form on the site, but no reply.

1 week later
    #171 4 years ago

Given that this has been going on for over a year and with no end in sight, is it time to give up on this one and move on to some other user-driven website? What other websites are similar in purpose?

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

But not editable, so we can't add new info and improve them...

Editability is the key attribute desired.

3 weeks later
    #196 4 years ago

Sadly, I'm writing Pinwiki off as gone. I was in the middle of adding a new section many months ago when it went down and have not been able to continue.

Hopefully someone can step up and create a user-editable replacement.

#207 4 years ago

Plus there is no incentive at all to upload new material to the site as it could easily get erased if someone (eventually) reverts the site to a backup/restore. As well, the upload option for pictures is no longer available, but anyways would likely suffer the same fate in a backup/restore scenario.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

I've mirrored the site into a local cache, just in case. It's too important to get lost. But nearly entirely unusable for my browsers (plural). It's so bad I can no longer recommend pinwiki urls as solutions to common problems.

Thanks very much for doing that. I'm afraid we will need it.

2 weeks later
    #265 4 years ago

Awesome effort! Much appreciated.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwilks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinwiki-1?tu=jimwilks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.