Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinWiz2180
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

500 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191227-212023 (resized).png
    wiki (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180322-181743 (resized).png
    Securi_Washing_Machine (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Friengineer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 4 years ago

Yeah. Why is it the site is always hacked? Moto z force phone.

How does this happen?

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

... OOooor...
    just make sure the UR has "www." in front of the domain name.. I still use the site, just did this past weekend.

Ooooeeeee?
    That's a fine fix as well as the way back machine but we are a couple of farts away from 2020. There is no reason why a website should act like it's 2002.

No offense to anyone especially the owner of the site. I appreciate your work but how can the pinball community help? Is it a problem with the code? Let's redesign the site. I care more about the info then the wiki look.

Is it the fact anyone can edit the site? Let's shut that function down and come up with a submission process.

What is the problem and what radical change needs to be made? Fuck my phone beeping and flashing when I look at the Sys80 info!

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

"You may not, except with express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the PinWiki.com content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system

This copyright protects certain elements within the site so you wouldn't want to setup a mirror site. However alot of that copyright page is absolute BS. I would guess 10-15% falls under copyright protection, most of that being photos which can be retaken verbatim by someone else and fall out of protection.

Anyways talking about mirrors and copyright is a waste of time. I would like to help solve the issues with the site.

1 month later
    #228 4 years ago

Can someone give me an example? Anyone can add this nonsense to their website.

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

PBR/Mondial doesn't allow full copies of anything to be posted anywhere.

I'm guessing Casey might have talked to PBR and/or mondial about allowing limited/specific repair-related materials, like individual schematics, or various small pieces of other content to be posted. It's probably a similar arrangement like with IPDB

I understand about full schematics or certain part catalogs but honestly I don't see alot of those things in the gottlieb sections. Partial schematics are gonna be a stretch to the copyright

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Friengineer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinwiki-1?tu=Friengineer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.