(Topic ID: 41287)

PinVol External Volume Control for Late-model Stern-Plug & Play - Get them now!

By ddalski

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_copy_2.JPG
    photo.JPG
    pinvol2.jpg
    pinvol4.jpg
    pinvol_1.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

UPDATE: Pleased to announce the Pinball Life and Flipper Fidelity have both addded the PinVol control to their list of fine products. Pick up a PinVol with your next order from them. You can also still get them directly from me.

What is it? This is a very neat external volume control switch for late-model Stern pinball games. No getting the key, opening the coin door (which shuts down the flippers) during game play to adjust the volume. Just reach over and hit the convienant rocker switch.

It is a MUST for games like AC/DC!!!

The control fits in the cabinet "tournament" button hole directly below the start button. The switch itself is single clean up/down rocker: push it up to increase the volume, push it down to lower the volume.

Installation is 100% plug and play: Remove the existing blank plug, put the new harness in and fasten the nut. Run the wires along the others to the coin door. Unplug the cable going to the existing coin door switch bank, and plug in the new switch harness. That's it!

Construction is all high quality, using correct OEM Molex crimped connectors and sockets. Nice part is that the switch is fully recessed in the opening. The price from me direct is $30/each + $5 shipping via USPS First Class Mail, or get them at Pinball Life or Flipper Fidelity.

The switch will fit any Stern with the cabinet mounted tournement opening, and also has a connector for the four position switch on the coin door. For sure everything from Ironman up, perhaps others. Photos below.

Thanks.

pinvol_1.jpgpinvol_1.jpg pinvol4.jpgpinvol4.jpg pinvol2.jpgpinvol2.jpg

Post edited by ddalski : Where to Get Pinvol

#2 11 years ago

Great idea. And doesn't need a new hole.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Dave,
    Looks like a Factory Install - can't wait to Beta-Test it for you!

Pin - K

www.KimballsPinballs.com

#4 11 years ago

Put me down for 3!

#5 11 years ago

Thanks! We should be able to ship early next week at the latest and will post ordering information soon.

#6 11 years ago

I have an ac/dc premium coming... Does it have the tournament button hole?

#8 11 years ago

Perfect! DDalski sign me up for 1 of these control units... Let me know where to send funds

#9 11 years ago

Nice work, I'm definitely in for at least one.

#10 11 years ago

Hey, another local. Sweet!

That's a great idea man, and the quality looks nice. Too bad my kid would constantly be jamming on the switch and probably blowing my ears out.

#11 11 years ago

I installed this in less than 5 minutes without even removing the glass.
    I just reached in through coindoor and loosened the plastic nut on the back of the tournament plug and replaced it, plugged it inline and saw finished.
    This was the easiest mod I have ever installed!!! (and I have done a few).

Great work Dave!!!

Bill

#12 11 years ago

I was just going to install a tournament button since I hate the fact that that hole is there, but this might be even better since I'll never use that button.

#13 11 years ago

Cool idea!!

#14 11 years ago

Great looking and functioning mod, congrats.
    Lorenzo
    Pinnovators.com

#15 11 years ago

Should be a good idea for wms Bally extra ball buy in holes as well.

#16 11 years ago

I want one too!

1 week later
    #17 11 years ago

PinVol volume controls now in stock ready to ship! PM me for PayPal details. Thanks!

Dave

#18 11 years ago

Got mine yesterday it looks great! I can't wait to install it on my AC/DC Prem
    Thanks Dave

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Got mine yesterday it looks great! I can't wait to install it on my AC/DC Prem
    Thanks Dave

Same here on all counts, thanks Dave!

#20 11 years ago

Installed 3 of these this weekend - well made mod. My wife loves being able to adjust the volume on the AC/DC BIB LE. Thanks Dave - huge improvement in late night pinball!

#21 11 years ago

Damn why didnt I see this last week? I just ordered the tournament button.

Chris

#22 11 years ago

I will be at the Texas Pinball Festival. Save on Shipping!! PM me and let me know if you want to pick up a Volume Control and we can make arangements.

#23 11 years ago

This is an excellent mod...well made and works great!

1 week later
    #24 11 years ago

Just picked mine up at the TPF. Such a great idea! I like my AC/DC really loud when I'm playing by myself. When my wife plays it, she likes it quieter. Now she can adjust the volume without telling me to do it for her LOL.

The instillation was quick and easy to understand. Once you install this mod you will want to put it on all your games.

Pappy

#25 11 years ago

Very nice on my Tron. Can I install it on my POTC where the tournament button is on the lockdown bar?

#26 11 years ago

Got mine the other week for AC/DC, and I love it. I'll definitely be picking up another one if I get Metallica.

#27 11 years ago

You could install it in games with the lockdown bar mounted tournament button; however, you would need to unplug both connections every time you wanted to remove the lockdown bar. not too convienant. We are planning another version which will have a disconnect feature further up the cable to make this easier to use with the lockdown bar mounted. Thanks for your message!

#28 11 years ago

Picked up 4 at the TPF. Install was a snap and works GREAT!

Thanks, Dave!

#29 11 years ago

Loot sent!

Thanks!

#30 11 years ago

Got mine today and it is a very nice high quality product. Thanks again!

#31 11 years ago

installed in my ac/dc premium, a must have.

1 week later
    #32 11 years ago

Installed in my Tron pro and I have one on the way for my ACDC.... this is a must have item and Dave is awesome!

#33 11 years ago

I highly recommend this mod! Its Worth every penny.

#34 11 years ago

Is it really that hard to open the door and turn the volume up or down?

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

My wife isn't comfortable doing it, my daughter is - it's just a convenience item, but a nice, well-made one that integrates well with the game.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

The only problem with opening up the door is that it turns off the flippers. I like the idea of being able to adjust the volume on the fly in the middle of a ball.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I don't like leaving the keys in the coin door because of little kids. Therefore it isn't just opening the door, but going to get the keys.

1 week later
    #38 11 years ago

Finally installed in AC/DC and it works like a champ. Great mod for families, I use it all the time. I find myself playing louder more often because I can turn it down to a reasonable volume on the fly. Fast shipping and great customer service. Thanks Dave.

#39 11 years ago

Great product! I just installed it on my ACDC Premium. Easy install and a quality product.

#40 11 years ago

Easy to install all you do it take out the tournament button and wire up. I have them in all my games. What no tournament button? No problem! NICE!

photo.JPGphoto.JPG photo_copy_2.JPGphoto_copy_2.JPG

#41 11 years ago

Best thing to happen to pinball since AC/DC.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from Spyder777:

Best thing to happen to pinball since AC/DC.

For those about to rock... we salute you!!! Indeed sir!

4 months later
    #43 10 years ago

Can you send one to Australia how do I order one ???

4 years later
    #44 6 years ago

I don't care that this thread is 5 years old - this "mod" is fantastic. Previous owner of a game I bought installed these and was looking to add it to every game I have and bam - this thread. Wow - OP. Great job.

For those that don't know about it - FYI

3 months later
    #45 5 years ago

Pinvol gone from Pinball life website?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinvol-external-volume-control-for-late-model-stern-plug-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.