Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Russell
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4A53F9A9-C54C-471E-8ACC-6DDBDD168F94 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Here’s what we need. A bright red light on top of a game, that automatically illuminates when a game is finished. It would not allow another game to be started until someone from the venue comes by, cleans the machine, and turns off the light (with a key?). That way the staff knows which machines need cleaning, and players know which machines are clean and ready to go. Could be done easily by Stern or perhaps even the mod community.

#2 3 years ago

What if I wanted to play 2 or more times?

#3 3 years ago

Hmmm
    I like it - simple
    Maybe even just use a raise/lower flag system

#4 3 years ago

Or just wipe the machine off yourself similar to gym etiquette.

#5 3 years ago

Maybe the player triggers the light when they're done, indicating it needs to be cleaned?

#6 3 years ago

Covid doesn't enter the body through skin. Play the games, wash your hands properly as soon as you're done, don't touch your face until hands are washed.

Cleaning games between every player is a bit overkill IMHO.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:Or just wipe the machine off yourself similar to gym etiquette.

I can see it now "the pinrag"

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Covid doesn't enter the body through skin. Play the games, wash your hands properly as soon as you're done, don't touch your face until hands are washed.
    Cleaning games between every player is a bit overkill IMHO.

yeah I'm pretty much on board with this. What you need to do is not touch your face and wash your hands as soon as you are done playing as well as before you play.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Maybe the player triggers the light when they're done, indicating it needs to be cleaned?

I could see little kids and drunk people going around turning the lights on for fun. Best thing you can do as a patron is protect yourself, I wouldn't rely on the venue to do it for you.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Numskul:

I can see it now "the pinrag"

Given the hygiene of some dudes at pinball shows, not sure I want any part of “pinrag” etiquette.

#11 3 years ago

It might make one look cool hanging out of a back pocket!

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Given the hygiene of some dudes at pinball shows, not sure I want any part of “pinrag” etiquette.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Numskul:

Hmmm
    I like it - simple
    Maybe even just use a raise/lower flag system

Just like Pancho’s! Raise the flag when you need service!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darkwing:

Just like Pancho’s! Raise the flag when you need service!

I was thinking like Casa Bonita!

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Numskul:

I was thinking like Casa Bonita!

Awwww... I loved Casa Bonita!

#16 3 years ago

The virus does potentially transmit from surfaces to your hands to your eyes. You can’t just tell people not to touch their faces. It doesn’t work. Haven’t you seen how people are CONSTANTLY touching their masks? My idea, while somewhat overkill, would allow governments to see that pinball is being proactive. This might convince them to let us open up.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

You can’t just tell people not to touch their faces.

Yes you can. Just like you could tell them to turn on a light after each play.

Once people get into the habit of not touching their face before washing their hands after touching a foreign surface, it will be fine. Hard to break old habits though. That’s why I think it’s crucial to have sanitizer literally everywhere so it’s a constant reminder to clean your hands before and after you play your game.

You can touch your face all day if your hands are clean. So clean your hands all the time so when you touch your face your risk is as low as possible.

#18 3 years ago

Cleaning the surfaces AND cleaning your hands would be more effective. Have you seen how poorly people wash their hands? Especially kids. If the machine was cleaned consistently between games, and hand washing/sanitizing encouraged, how could anyone argue that pinball isn’t safe?

#19 3 years ago

Agreed. But I doubt most barcades have the staff or the patrons willing to ensure this occurs. Everyone has to do their part imo and continuously sanitize and make sure their kids are doing the same. Then the locations can worry about extra sanitation during closing time or down periods during work hours. The more basic the request the more chance for success imo.

#20 3 years ago

I agree. But I doubt that they will allow arcades to reopen on just a request that people be responsible.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

I agree. But I doubt that they will allow arcades to reopen on just a request that people be responsible.

Lots already have. Is CO still closed everywhere?

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Here’s what we need. A bright red light on top of a game, that automatically illuminates when a game is finished. It would not allow another game to be started until someone from the venue comes by, cleans the machine, and turns off the light (with a key?). That way the staff knows which machines need cleaning, and players know which machines are clean and ready to go. Could be done easily by Stern or perhaps even the mod community.

Shake weight!

4A53F9A9-C54C-471E-8ACC-6DDBDD168F94 (resized).jpeg4A53F9A9-C54C-471E-8ACC-6DDBDD168F94 (resized).jpeg
    #23 3 years ago

Fail

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lots already have. Is CO still closed everywhere?

Almost all are still closed. A couple have opened for private groups. But most of the big locations are still closed. The governor's order still says no games in restaurants/bars. A lot of us have been pushing for the rules to be changed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinvention-idea-for-covid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.