4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zzap
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

iPad_Air_2_H_SpcGr_sRGB.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago

Nice! This is something like I envisioned after I started entering games for the switch database at http://www.pinitech.com/switch_database.php -- seemed like it would be great to have info on the connectors, wire colors, ICs and possibly mark issues and have it make suggestions where the problem might be. With today's technology it just seemed like the next logical step to put switch and lamp charts into a database that was more user-friendly to make it easier when diagnosing issues while working on a game. Great to see someone with iOS/Android experience that could make it happen!

I'm not sure if it'd help but if you want a dump of the database I've created, let me know. It'd just be switch numbers and names, but I have a majority of the older games in there. Your app would actually be an awesome companion to the switch matrix tester I sell.. especially if you could toggle on/off the cross-hair and the small numbers that identify the switch number on the tester (for games that don't fit the silkscreen numbering) like on my switch database

Great job! It looks like it'll be an awesome troubleshooting aid!

---
    http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
    Kits, upgrades and test equipment for pinball machines

#19 4 years ago

Bought this myself to support the effort If the older games can be added with similar features (wire colors, connection identification, etc) this is going to be super useful combined with some other tools/testers. It gets annoying printing pages out of the manual or even finding the switch/lamp charts in the manuals. This would make it much easier.

I think it'd be good to add switch numbering though, on WPC you don't really have to worry about that since the chart matches the chart shown on the DMD.. but once you add older games, the switch numbers will be a necessity. Plus it's nice to have the switch number when referring to the switch location diagram in the manuals -- or if you're using a switch matrix tester.

---
    http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
    Kits, upgrades and test equipment for pinball machines

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Would it be possible to input certain data (eg, a combo of switches which cause a ghost switch) to identify a bad diode??

That's something I thought that a switch database could eventually provide -- if you start marking bad switches and enough are identified in a certain pattern.. then suggestions could be made on which circuitry or switches may be at fault. Maybe not something to get involved in right off the bat, but definitely something to think about once the database has most of the machines in it and everything else has been tweaked and you're looking for that next logical step..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 27.99
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 229.99
    $ 18.95
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 8.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside