(Topic ID: 133327)

Pintastic..Should we change anything or add anything?

By dannunz

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 334 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pintastic_lunch.jpg
    clown.jpg
    p.txt.jpg
    20150710_121039.jpg
    2015-07-16_16_31_37-Pintastic_New_England_2015_-_Video_Tour_-_YouTube.png
    Mugged.jpg
    Staff_Vest.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotpins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

I loved everything about the show. I really enjoyed the conference room/speaker portion, I hope that is something that you are able to keep. Having pinball legends like Dennis Nordman, Greg Freres and Roger Sharpe there was just incredible! I hope next year brings more/different industry people to speak (fingers crossed for Pat Lawlor!!). Being able to try out all the new and upcoming games like Lexy, Full Throttle and The hobbit was another favorite part of the show that I hope will be similar next year. I loved playing Big Bang Bar (got drinker #3 high score first game )...maybe that could come back?

I'd like to see Marco or Pinball resource (especially for some Gottlieb parts) there next year. I was hoping to pick up some repro ramps and maybe some repro Bally/ Williams plastic sets. Maybe work on expanding the flea market area if at all possible. Other than that the show was absolutely incredible so I say keep it the same. Thank you to everyone that made it happen!

Edit: Loved, loved, loved the after party!!!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from raisindot:

5. Rather than use Pinside, BPA or other forums as scattered discussion areas for PNE spefifics, add more community forum features to the PNE site to creabe the community site where people can post lists of games they will be bringing (or selling), or people can network to arrange transportation, or vendors can post promotional information. This will give the PNE better "repeat visit" value and make it a more effective tool for connecting PNE fans and vendors.

I think this is a great idea^^^

Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think a band would be a good idea for the after party (I saw that idea pop up in another thread somewhere). It was a good time to chat with various folks, and a band would just make that hard to do.

I agree with this. What made the after party so cool was that there were less people in there and you were able to play the games and hear them a bit more. Also it was a good time to talk game specific things while you were playing. I spoke to several different machine owners about the games they brought and their rules and shots and stuff like that. Playing and socializing is what I found enjoyable about the after party. With a loud band playing I think it would detract from that experience. Having the band at the end of the event was cool as it was kind of a send off/ grand finale type of thing while people were packing up. I vote keep it at the same time slot or cut it all together.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I would like to add some sort of entertainment to the after party. Maybe a DJ with karaoke? Any other ideas?

I agree with Forceflow that additional entertainment might not be necessary but if it's something you really want I think Karaoke would be entertaining. Perhaps it could be set up just outside the free play area where the concessions and tables were so you could SIT and enjoy it. After standing all day it would be nice to have a spot to take a break and sit but also be entertained. It would also keep the noise down a bit from the free play room but still have it close to all the action.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

I disagree - the only thing worse than the band playing was when a random person got up to sing a song with them and could not hit one note properly. My ears were bleeding.

Lol! I guess that's what I find entertaining. It's funny to watch and listen to the tone def! It's morbid curiosity I guess...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotpins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintasticshould-we-change-anything-or-add-anything?tu=gotpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.