(Topic ID: 133327)

Pintastic..Should we change anything or add anything?

By dannunz

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 334 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pintastic_lunch.jpg
    clown.jpg
    p.txt.jpg
    20150710_121039.jpg
    2015-07-16_16_31_37-Pintastic_New_England_2015_-_Video_Tour_-_YouTube.png
    Mugged.jpg
    Staff_Vest.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Had no idea you were doing this Gabe, but man, let the record show that I'm not up for a 3 day show. I spent all of Sunday and Monday in bed completely exhausted and writhing in excruciating pain. Only got up Tuesday to go so the doctors appts I made so they could work on my back. So if everyone wants 3 days of show, we'll do it, but I won't be there for day 3. I physically can't do it.

Wuss.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

The problem was, most of our staff wore their shirts on Thursday set up as well as all day Friday PLUS the after party. They were too dirty, sweaty amd smelly to wear for a third day. So they were in plain clothes or other Pintastic shirts. Not sure how to get around this short of giving out a new shirt to each volunteer each day. But admittedly, that gets adds up.
    Any ideas on another solution to this problem?
    Thanks.

Febreze.

The only thing I think the show needs next year is more Beelzeboob. Otherwise, I thought it was perfect (or at least it was when I was there...once I left, I'm sure it wasn't as good).

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I think we are leaning towards cutting out the band. I would like to add some sort of entertainment to the after party. Maybe a DJ with karaoke? Any other ideas?

I wouldn't do that either. I think people were enjoying the conversations at the tables too much. You don't really get a chance to talk to people in the seminars or in the free play room (too loud), so the after party and after hours stuff is really the only chance to sit down, relax, and get to know people.

Save the money on the band/karaoke and you have more than enough to get some more staff shirts.

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

so teal shirts have a chance!

Never gets old. Best part is most people are saying "WTF is with the teal BS???"

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

God I look like hell.
    » YouTube video

Dude...you didn't look too bad in person during the show, but in that piece you look TIRED!

#69 8 years ago

You might look fine, but you can't form sentences. It's like you've suffered a head injury.

#85 8 years ago

Hey, Gabe...maybe you should consider doing the show sometime late September. Early fall in NE is a beautiful time. You stay away from summer vacations and you're still a few weeks away from Expo. Should still be warm enough to do the outside stuff.

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The problem then is that schools and colleges are in session.

That doesn't stop Allentown or Expo or any host of other shows. Except that they're making it family friendly, so...

Looks like it has to be the summer, and people will complain no matter what. Happens a lot around here.

#134 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I will work on a complete analysis for you Gabe.
    One hard thing to consider... a name edit or revision.
    "Pintastic New England" means nothing to the average consumer living in Boston. The name does you no favors, it has to be explained. If the new were "New England Pinball Expo" of "New England Pinball Festival" or "Pintastic New England Pinball Show" (and marketed like that as a complete title) then I think it could really, really help a lot with the public.
    The people here on pinside and in the hobby are great... they know about you now... they are going to come. The show will grow and you can already count on the owners in the area committing at least as much, but likely 15-20% more than in 2015. Thats a good growth trend percentage.
    The area you have to attack and figure out is: general attendance. This is done less with feature changes (since the general public has no idea the show exists) and more with marketing.

I was just thinking that the other day, Jared...glad you brought it up.

Sometimes creative names can work against you, and this might be one of those times.

#140 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Yes you guys were a huge help with the crews list adds. We had a guy that was supposed to do that but he did not do enough

I think he's talking about me...

#220 8 years ago

People are now strongly suggesting less Beelzeboob at next year's show.

#230 8 years ago

Take a look at the vendor list for ReplayFX. Not a whole lot of overlap.

http://replayfx.org/marketplace/

One vendor was telling me that Replay wasn't a very vendor-friendly show so a lot of people were skipping it. It might not be a problem.

#242 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I hope more beelzeboob is still planned.
    LTG : )

Not if Beelzeboob can't get his f**king Funhouse playable by next summer. He'll still be in his basement, toiling away.

#250 8 years ago

Well, you can't see me in that picture because I was told to go under the table and make the clowns happy.

#264 8 years ago

Looks like another teal-free show...

#290 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I know many parents that would never allow their kids to go on those travel rides as there are a number of scary accidents on record.

Um...my parents kept pushing money in my hand repeatedly. They'd say, "Try again!"

Do you think...?

#295 8 years ago

So? Just run the same damn show like you did this year and see if you can expand into Sunday for the year after. It was great the way it was this year.

#301 8 years ago

Brought the dog (see my avatar), and she loved it...especially the walks by the lake. I just wish some other people would clean up after their dogs. It was like a frigging mine field whenever you walked on grass.

#306 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Great review and you make a lot of good points. We will be talking about the dates and tweeks this wed. night at the Sanctum. All are welcome and we can talk it out. Thanks

Tell Mark I said hello. I had the (dis)pleasure of having my ass kicked by him at Pinburgh on Friday.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintasticshould-we-change-anything-or-add-anything?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.