(Topic ID: 133327)

Pintastic..Should we change anything or add anything?

By dannunz

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 334 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pintastic_lunch.jpg
    clown.jpg
    p.txt.jpg
    20150710_121039.jpg
    2015-07-16_16_31_37-Pintastic_New_England_2015_-_Video_Tour_-_YouTube.png
    Mugged.jpg
    Staff_Vest.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

Had no idea you were doing this Gabe, but man, let the record show that I'm not up for a 3 day show. I spent all of Sunday and Monday in bed completely exhausted and writhing in excruciating pain. Only got up Tuesday to go so the doctors appts I made so they could work on my back. So if everyone wants 3 days of show, we'll do it, but I won't be there for day 3. I physically can't do it.

We will definitely be having all the kids rides next year as well as the clowns, face painters and magicians. I want those to be the family trademarks and staples of Pintastic and everything will always be free. I don't care how much it costs. We want to make pinball a family event. That's the way we're going to do it.

The after party was the best. That was the only time my wife and I got to actually play pinball together. So that will definitely return as well. It was so nice to sit down and eat and then go around and thank and talk to everyone there. You and your families are awesome and I love and appreciate you all.

Sincerest thanks to everyone who brought out their machines. You really stepped up and made the free play area diverse and complete. Thank you everyone of you.

Thank you also to all the great techs who went around repairing things. You guys did that out of your kindness without charge. You guys...ROCK!

Let the ideas and suggestions begin!

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I thought the show was great. Had a fabulous time there and really appreciated the fact that there were things for the family to do. (Unfortunately mine bailed last min and had to go myself))The event center was spectacular with the ac and cleanliness. However, I came up on Friday with the intent on taking a game home. I found one, but was told I couldn't have it until after the show was over.

Hey TP, thanks for coming out and I am so glad you had a great time.

I'd like to say that you did not have to keep a machine there all day or for the entire event. We asked people to keep machines there on the free play floor till 7pm Friday or 6pm on Saturday. Stuff happens and sometimes people need to leave. If you had to take a machine, by all means you could have. We required that you pay $35 to remove the machine to discourage people from doing so. That money that was taken in on the few machines that left cause of sale went toward funding the Friday night after party. So you could have absolutely taken the machine and paid that $35.

Sorry for the confusion there. Wish you would've found and talked to Gabe or myself about that bro. We apologize for the misunderstanding and had the rules and guidelines for this up on the wall right outside the free play area to eliminate this type of situation. My apologies again nonetheless my brothah.

#10 8 years ago

Staff shirts were supposed to be different colors. Our T-shirt guy botched this and we'll get it right next year.

There was always staff members in the free play area on Saturday. The problem was, most of our staff wore their shirts on Thursday set up as well as all day Friday PLUS the after party. They were too dirty, sweaty amd smelly to wear for a third day. So they were in plain clothes or other Pintastic shirts. Not sure how to get around this short of giving out a new shirt to each volunteer each day. But admittedly, that gets adds up.

Any ideas on another solution to this problem?

Thanks.

#27 8 years ago

Thank you sincerely for that Lloyd.

Yeah, my back is an unfortunate disaster. Can even explain the pain I was in the whole time. I just zoned in and did the best I could. It knocked me down for two straight days. I couldn't get out of bed.

The best was all our awesome friends and volunteers. I never touched or lifted a thing the whole event. There is no other hobby with better and more passionate people in it than pinball. I've been truly humbled to tears thinking about the love, compassion and graciousness of everyone. I simply can't say thank you enough times to you all. I just appreciate everyone.

And thank you to you Lloyd. You were an amazing add to our show and everyone loved you. If I have one regret, it was not being able to go out to dinner with you, Art and the guys Saturday night. Art was in tears talking about you and the stories when he got back.

You're a great person and friend. A true legend to the hobby if ever there was one. Thanks again and I sincerely hope you had a great time and got home smoothly and pain free.

Thank you Lloyd.

Derek.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintasticshould-we-change-anything-or-add-anything?tu=Pinfidel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.