(Topic ID: 129377)

Pintastic Show FLEA MARKET VENDORS WANTED!

By CLASSICPINBALL

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SHOW 03 055.jpg
    SHOW 03 039.jpg
    SHOW 03 028.jpg
    SHOW 03 054.jpg
    SHOW 03 040.jpg
    SHOW 03 038.jpg
    SHOW 03 029.jpg
    SHOW 03 023.jpg
    SHOW 03 021.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Bump for a flea market. Is the soda guy coming? I hope Jeff the junk man and Pete I buy pinballs is coming.

If there are outdoor vendors that you guys would like to see at the show, hit them up and ask them if they are coming. We don't know everyone and they may not even know about Pintastic. So by all means, give people you know a call, ask if they're coming. Maybe they'll come just because of your contacting them.

Thanks guys.

#15 8 years ago

Honestly, I think many of us could pull a small pile of parts to sell and put out on a small table. However, most of us probably have anything that could cover or even exceed the cost of a vendor spot.

How about small 3'x3' table spaces for $5-10?

That might convince a few people to bring some parts stashes and skip ebay for once.

Unfortunately, we couldn't even begin to handle separating vendor booths up like that. What you could do is come together as kind of a co-op. Maybe 2-3 or even 5-6 guys get together and rent a spot or couple spots and work the booth/s together. That way you'll always have coverage of your stuff and you can switch off and enjoy everything that the show has to offer.

I know people have shared spots in Allentown because of the exact reason you mentioned about not needing so big a booth space.

2 weeks later
    #24 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...said my pants.
    I got to hang out with Gabe yesterday. WOO-HOO!!! (But where the hell was Derek???)

Unfortunately, Derek had to go out to the hotel and then promote the show by putting 3500 flyers on car windshields across several surrounding town shopping malls and stores.

Believe me, I wanted to be there. I was bummed. Got rained on too. Ughhh.

Glad you all had a great time. Gabe said Rob put out an amazing spread of BBQ food. YUHMMMM!!!

#26 8 years ago

I envision us running around like chickens with their heads cut off for sure. It will still be nice to meet everyone. Looking forward to it.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I don't understand why you guys think it's to exspensive? 15 by 20 spot $110 minus one show pass each day that's $85 for 2 days. So it's only $42.50 per day to sell all your stuff! Really guys my venue is not free. How about this I will give you $17 off per machine you put in free play per day. So put 2 games in free play for the whole show and your spot is free. Best I can do!

Gabe did this on his own and I would have been against it.

Honestly guys, you have no idea how much this is costing. You have been clamoring for a pin show for New England for DECADES! You think you'd want to throw your support behind us 1000%. If our event was free, sure, we'd have spots for free. But unfortunately, this is the real world where tens of thousands of dollars and the help of hundreds of great people are needed to have an event like this be a success.

And may I KINDLY ask...What do YOU think is a fair price for a 15' x 20' outdoor booth space?

In a hobby where money is thrown around like it's water, I can't believe that you would complain about paying $38 a day to sell all your stuff for 11 whole hours per day and support Pintastic. SMH.

#35 8 years ago

No worries B. I just don't think some people can begin to even realize how all consuming this truly is. And if they knew all the costs associated with the event, they'd say....$110! That's IT!? Remember, this is New England. Combined with New York, it's probably the 2nd most expensive area in the country. Things aren't cheap. Unfortunately, it is what it is. If $110 is too much for you, then we sincerely apologize for you feeling that way.

Also let me just say that there is absolutely NO WAY Gabe and I could do this event without the help of each and every one of you our partners, vendors, staff, volunteers, people bringing games and every person that simply attends to have a good time. There are literally hundreds of people who have joined forces to make Pintastic New England a reality. That's why Gabe and I never refer to this as "OUR" show. That's the furthest thing from the truth. We always call the show either Pintastic, your, our the people's show. Because in truth and reality, that's just what it is.

Thank you to each and every one of you who have been so gracious of your time, energy, strength and money to help us out and be a part of this. We can't do it without you.

So with all sincerity and humility I say a huge thank you to everyone. THANK YOU!

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Warbound:

You people are silly. I am not a cheap-ass and I do support this and other hobbies quite well. I also speak from reality and current market prices. There is not an outside flea market or event price higher than $20/day(usually $10 to 15) from Michigan to Florida. Not sure about N.E.area. outside spots do not command indoor prices where I rent. I have rented at least 400 in the last 3 years from Mi to Fl.
    No biggie. GL with your event. I was going to travel to visit relatives and possibly hit this but I think I will avoid the drama. A person cannot even comment around here anymore without being called names...jeeshhhhhhh

I never called you a name my friend and never would. We want you there. We want everyone there. And there is no drama. I'm just trying to enlighten people a little bit who don't fully realize the costs of this and what going on behind the scenes.

If your used to paying $20 for a space, that's great. We just can't do that. As I said, I wish we could have everything for free. But we all know that's an impossibility. With a space being $110 - $34 for a free 2 day pass with your space, that takes the cost down to $76 or $38 a day. As an outdoor vendor, you also are invited in to our Friday night after party. Food there is free. So if you eat $20 worth of food, (very easy in a hotel) that takes your booth space down to $28 a day. $8 more dollars than what your used to paying for a spot.

I think you should reconsider my friend. We'd love to have you there and shake your hand as well. You're entitled to your opinion and I thank you for it. There's no ill will towards you or anyone else that feels as you do here, I promise.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Wish I could, have commitments as a coach for my son's all star baseball team.

Oh Cool bro. I remember those days! Enjoy your son and I hope he kills it and makes you beyond proud!

Thanks for the kind words.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-show-flea-market-vendors-wanted?tu=Pinfidel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.