(Topic ID: 129377)

Pintastic Show FLEA MARKET VENDORS WANTED!

By CLASSICPINBALL

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SHOW 03 055.jpg
    SHOW 03 039.jpg
    SHOW 03 028.jpg
    SHOW 03 054.jpg
    SHOW 03 040.jpg
    SHOW 03 038.jpg
    SHOW 03 029.jpg
    SHOW 03 023.jpg
    SHOW 03 021.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Folks, Gabe at PINTASTIC NEW ENGLAND has asked me to reach out to the pinside community to get the word out to ANY/ALL of you interested in attending the outdoor "flea market" part of the show! Please help spread the word ! Mike Pacak, Ed Kelsey & Bateman! ARE YOU THERE??
    Shows are few and far between these days, lets get the word out and help these guys out! Some years back some of you may remember my Wayne NJ
    show, well here you have it, a new big northeast summer show, and its 2 DAYS! Please help spread the word and signup to be a part of show history! You'll only have one chance to say "I was at the very first show!" Here is the info from the show site:Outside Vendors
    *Spaces on the outside of the Convention Center are approximately 15'x20'.
    *Cost per space: $110 (There is no electricity provided outside).
    *Some spaces include shaded areas. These will be available on a first come first served basis.
    *Flea Market (Outside) Vendors receive 1 free event pass per space.
    *Set up time on Thursday begins at 11am. Friday at 7am. Saturday 7am.
    PLEASE EMAIL GABE ASAP TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE NOW! Gabe's email is dannunz@yahoo.com
    Here are a few pic's from the old wayne show! Enjoy!

SHOW 03 021.jpg SHOW 03 023.jpg SHOW 03 029.jpg SHOW 03 038.jpg SHOW 03 040.jpg SHOW 03 054.jpg SHOW 03 028.jpg SHOW 03 039.jpg SHOW 03 055.jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Kevin is right. Remember the Wayne show. Fun in the sun for sure! Come on boys. It's a good time to clean out your storage units!

#3 4 years ago

Bump for a great OP (also a great seller of pins if you're in the New Jersey area!).
    Bump for a great new pinball show in New England (that I'm really excited about!).
    Bump in the hopes that Kevin brings back the Wayne show (but I'm not holding my breath...).

#4 4 years ago

If you really want Flea Market vendors, offer space for free!

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Does Allentown offer free outdoor vendor spots?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Does Allentown offer free outdoor vendor spots?

Allentown is an established, decades-old show that has a large attendance.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Allentown is an established, decades-old show that has a large attendance.

I really would love to have everyone vend for free but the reality is these shows cost a ton of money to put on. I really don't think asking for $55 per day for a 15 by 20 vendor spot is asking for to to much.

#8 4 years ago

Ok guys if you would like to register a out door vendor spot go here http://www.pintasticnewengland.com/vendor-registration.html

1....Fill out the registration form
    2....You will then be re-directed to Paypal
    3....select option "vendor outdoor spot $110
    4....click add to cart

Thank you

#9 4 years ago

Bump for a flea market. Is the soda guy coming? I hope Jeff the junk man and Pete I buy pinballs is coming.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Bump for a flea market. Is the soda guy coming? I hope Jeff the junk man and Pete I buy pinballs is coming.

The soda guy is kind of coming. Polar beverages will be there giving out free samples!

#11 4 years ago

Honestly, I think many of us could pull a small pile of parts to sell and put out on a small table. However, most of us probably have anything that could cover or even exceed the cost of a vendor spot.

How about small 3'x3' table spaces for $5-10?

That might convince a few people to bring some parts stashes and skip ebay for once.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Honestly, I think many of us could pull a small pile of parts to sell and put out on a small table. However, most of us probably have anything that could cover or even exceed the cost of a vendor spot.
    That might convince a few people to bring some parts stashes and skip ebay for once.

It's 110 which covers your 35 dollar entrance which ends up being 75 for the space, most parts are more than 75, that ends up being less than 40 bucks a day. That is pretty reasonable. You can't see a movie for 5 dollars.

#13 4 years ago

Wish there was something like this in Arizona ( but indoor of course ) .

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

If there are outdoor vendors that you guys would like to see at the show, hit them up and ask them if they are coming. We don't know everyone and they may not even know about Pintastic. So by all means, give people you know a call, ask if they're coming. Maybe they'll come just because of your contacting them.

Thanks guys.

#15 4 years ago

Unfortunately, we couldn't even begin to handle separating vendor booths up like that. What you could do is come together as kind of a co-op. Maybe 2-3 or even 5-6 guys get together and rent a spot or couple spots and work the booth/s together. That way you'll always have coverage of your stuff and you can switch off and enjoy everything that the show has to offer.

I know people have shared spots in Allentown because of the exact reason you mentioned about not needing so big a booth space.

1 week later
    #17 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLASSICPINBALL:

Folks, Gabe at PINTASTIC NEW ENGLAND has asked me to reach out to the pinside community to get the word out to ANY/ALL of you interested in attending the outdoor "flea market" part of the show! Please help spread the word ! Mike Pacak, Ed Kelsey & Bateman! ARE YOU THERE??
    Shows are few and far between these days, lets get the word out and help these guys out! Some years back some of you may remember my Wayne NJ
    show, well here you have it, a new big northeast summer show, and its 2 DAYS! Please help spread the word and signup to be a part of show history! You'll only have one chance to say "I was at the very first show!" Here is the info from the show site:Outside Vendors
    *Spaces on the outside of the Convention Center are approximately 15'x20'.
    *Cost per space: $110 (There is no electricity provided outside).
    *Some spaces include shaded areas. These will be available on a first come first served basis.
    *Flea Market (Outside) Vendors receive 1 free event pass per space.
    *Set up time on Thursday begins at 11am. Friday at 7am. Saturday 7am.
    PLEASE EMAIL GABE ASAP TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE NOW! Gabe's email is dannunz@yahoo.com
    Here are a few pic's from the old wayne show! Enjoy!

SHOW 03 021.jpg
    SHOW 03 023.jpg
    SHOW 03 029.jpg
    SHOW 03 038.jpg
    SHOW 03 040.jpg
    SHOW 03 054.jpg
    SHOW 03 028.jpg
    SHOW 03 039.jpg
    SHOW 03 055.jpg

Flea bump

#18 4 years ago

Two new outdoor vendors added. Keep them coming guys!

#19 4 years ago

Love flea markets - esp. the ones where they are trained to do circus acts!

Quoted from dannunz:

Two new outdoor vendors added.

Yippee. More stuff I NEED! More stuff to buy!

My wife is gonna kill me.

#20 4 years ago

Anyone who wants to vend in the out side flee market the time is now to register.

We will now have all kinds of kids rides and entertainment out side in the Kids Korner. These are not small rides these are professional ammusment rides, moon walk, 2 story maze and a hydronic swing ride. Lots of traffick out there. Also the 40' monster mobile arcade will be out there.

#21 4 years ago

Getting nuts up in there

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Getting nuts up in there

...said my pants.

I got to hang out with Gabe yesterday. WOO-HOO!!! (But where the hell was Derek???)

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...said my pants.
    I got to hang out with Gabe yesterday. WOO-HOO!!! (But where the hell was Derek???)

Unfortunately, Derek had to go out to the hotel and then promote the show by putting 3500 flyers on car windshields across several surrounding town shopping malls and stores.

Believe me, I wanted to be there. I was bummed. Got rained on too. Ughhh.

Glad you all had a great time. Gabe said Rob put out an amazing spread of BBQ food. YUHMMMM!!!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Unfortunately, Derek had to go out to the hotel and then promote the show by putting 3500 flyers on car windshields across several surrounding town shopping malls and stores.
    Believe me, I wanted to be there. I was bummed. Got rained on too. Ughhh.
    Glad you all had a great time. Gabe said Rob put out an amazing spread of BBQ food. YUHMMMM!!!

Well that sucks. You know what sucks worse? I was telling Gabe that you two are going to be so busy I won't be able to hang with you at Pintastic. You'll be so worried about everything all the time you'll be Pintastic-spastic. And nobody wants to be around somebody like that.

#26 4 years ago

I envision us running around like chickens with their heads cut off for sure. It will still be nice to meet everyone. Looking forward to it.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

you'll be Pintastic-spastic

OMG Beelze how do you come up with this stuff?

You crack me up!

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

OMG Beelze how do you come up with this stuff?
    You crack me up!

Lots and lots of medication.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I agree. $110 seems super steep to me. If not free, def. Need to reduce that price if possible.

#30 4 years ago

I don't understand why you guys think it's to exspensive? 15 by 20 spot $110 minus one show pass each day that's $85 for 2 days. So it's only $42.50 per day to sell all your stuff! Really guys my venue is not free. How about this I will give you $17 off per machine you put in free play per day. So put 2 games in free play for the whole show and your spot is free. Best I can do!

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I don't understand why you guys think it's to exspensive? 15 by 20 spot $110 minus one show pass each day that's $85 for 2 days. So it's only $42.50 per day to sell all your stuff! Really guys my venue is not free. How about this I will give you $17 off per machine you put in free play per day. So put 2 games in free play for the whole show and your spot is free. Best I can do!

Wow. That is too generous.

#32 4 years ago

Here's an idea for all you cheap-asses out there who are only concerned about themselves:

Why don't we just have Gabe and Derek pay YOU for the honor of your presence at this first show--one that they've already spent lots of their own money on (I know because they've run numbers past me). That way, you can make money with no overhead while they take all the risk and lose all of their own money trying to start what could have been one of the best annual shows in pinball...but won't be because they'll never do it again if they go broke trying to pull it off.

Does that sound like a plan to you? If it does, you're a selfish turd who doesn't really care about supporting this hobby. And in that case, who needs you or even wants you there?

I'm about to buy a spot just to set up my kissing booth. I know Lloyd will buy a smooch.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Gabe did this on his own and I would have been against it.

Honestly guys, you have no idea how much this is costing. You have been clamoring for a pin show for New England for DECADES! You think you'd want to throw your support behind us 1000%. If our event was free, sure, we'd have spots for free. But unfortunately, this is the real world where tens of thousands of dollars and the help of hundreds of great people are needed to have an event like this be a success.

And may I KINDLY ask...What do YOU think is a fair price for a 15' x 20' outdoor booth space?

In a hobby where money is thrown around like it's water, I can't believe that you would complain about paying $38 a day to sell all your stuff for 11 whole hours per day and support Pintastic. SMH.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Gabe did this on his own and I would have been against it.

Gabe should retract it. And I apologize if my post was too strongly worded--I want to make clear the organizers had nothing to do with me stating my opinion. I'm just tired of people in an expensive hobby pinching pennies on things that they can't actually show off in their game room. Disgusting.

#35 4 years ago

No worries B. I just don't think some people can begin to even realize how all consuming this truly is. And if they knew all the costs associated with the event, they'd say....$110! That's IT!? Remember, this is New England. Combined with New York, it's probably the 2nd most expensive area in the country. Things aren't cheap. Unfortunately, it is what it is. If $110 is too much for you, then we sincerely apologize for you feeling that way.

Also let me just say that there is absolutely NO WAY Gabe and I could do this event without the help of each and every one of you our partners, vendors, staff, volunteers, people bringing games and every person that simply attends to have a good time. There are literally hundreds of people who have joined forces to make Pintastic New England a reality. That's why Gabe and I never refer to this as "OUR" show. That's the furthest thing from the truth. We always call the show either Pintastic, your, our the people's show. Because in truth and reality, that's just what it is.

Thank you to each and every one of you who have been so gracious of your time, energy, strength and money to help us out and be a part of this. We can't do it without you.

So with all sincerity and humility I say a huge thank you to everyone. THANK YOU!

#36 4 years ago

You people are silly. I am not a cheap-ass and I do support this and other hobbies quite well. I also speak from reality and current market prices. There is not an outside flea market or event price higher than $20/day(usually $10 to 15) from Michigan to Florida. Not sure about N.E.area. outside spots do not command indoor prices where I rent. I have rented at least 400 in the last 3 years from Mi to Fl.

No biggie. GL with your event. I was going to travel to visit relatives and possibly hit this but I think I will avoid the drama. A person cannot even comment around here anymore without being called names...jeeshhhhhhh

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Warbound:

You people are silly. I am not a cheap-ass and I do support this and other hobbies quite well. I also speak from reality and current market prices. There is not an outside flea market or event price higher than $20/day(usually $10 to 15) from Michigan to Florida. Not sure about N.E.area. outside spots do not command indoor prices where I rent. I have rented at least 400 in the last 3 years from Mi to Fl.
    No biggie. GL with your event. I was going to travel to visit relatives and possibly hit this but I think I will avoid the drama. A person cannot even comment around here anymore without being called names...jeeshhhhhhh

I never called you a name my friend and never would. We want you there. We want everyone there. And there is no drama. I'm just trying to enlighten people a little bit who don't fully realize the costs of this and what going on behind the scenes.

If your used to paying $20 for a space, that's great. We just can't do that. As I said, I wish we could have everything for free. But we all know that's an impossibility. With a space being $110 - $34 for a free 2 day pass with your space, that takes the cost down to $76 or $38 a day. As an outdoor vendor, you also are invited in to our Friday night after party. Food there is free. So if you eat $20 worth of food, (very easy in a hotel) that takes your booth space down to $28 a day. $8 more dollars than what your used to paying for a spot.

I think you should reconsider my friend. We'd love to have you there and shake your hand as well. You're entitled to your opinion and I thank you for it. There's no ill will towards you or anyone else that feels as you do here, I promise.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Warbound:

Have you ever been to Allentown? I believe ivan charges $110 for his out side flee market spots. That is what we based our pricing after. Thanks for your interest.

#39 4 years ago

The Joys of trying to make everyone Happy!

#40 4 years ago

The price seemed very fair to me, and it supports the hobby. I'd have to sell like two mods to cover the cost, very reasonable. Wish I could get up there.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

The price seemed very fair to me, and it supports the hobby. I'd have to sell like two mods to cover the cost, very reasonable. Wish I could get up there.

Your not far from us make it happen!

#42 4 years ago

Wish I could, have commitments as a coach for my son's all star baseball team.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Wish I could, have commitments as a coach for my son's all star baseball team.

Oh Cool bro. I remember those days! Enjoy your son and I hope he kills it and makes you beyond proud!

Thanks for the kind words.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Have you ever been to Allentown? I believe ivan charges $110 for his out side flee market spots. That is what we based our pricing after. Thanks for your interest.

That is exactly what Ivan charges.

1 week later
    #45 3 years ago

Let's crank this up guys!

#46 3 years ago

Hello flee market vendors the weather looks great for the show!

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Hello flee market vendors the weather looks great for the show!

"Flee Market"? RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 199.99
    $ 79.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 259.99
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside