(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey, now that PAPA has abandoned the PAPA format, will the tournament at this show become a pump and dump?
    I have no preference - was fine with PAPA-style - just curious. Pintastic was the only other show I had been to that used this format.

Nope stick with the OG PAPA format Levi. I know PAPA abandoned it but we are sticking with it. Pintastic will be up for PAPA circuit voting again and should do well now that the 24 hour is locked in as a PAPA major.

1 week later
    #166 7 years ago

I always book as soon as it possible. But. now I can't remember if I did for this year already sometime last year or not yet..... that's the problem with booking so early

2 weeks later
    #207 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Always 1st full weekend in May I believe. Mother's day is Sunday, no show that day anyway..

Yeah last year it was Mother's Day weekend. I always drive up to Maine to see my mom on Mother's Day. I lucked out last year and she had to work it. Saw her the next weekend.

#213 7 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

You drive up my way might be worth shooting me a message if you have a little time before going home.

Use to live up there. Still own an apartment building on biddeford. I try to catch people when I can when I'm there. Usually lots to take care of and lots of family to see. Use to go to sabattus for disc golf when I lived there.

1 week later
    #241 7 years ago

If we brought our linked pair of NBA fastbreaks and set them up to take money for charity would people be willing to pay to play them linked? Would set them up in the vendor hall next to us in the tournament area.

#244 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Good idea Eric.

Linked fastbreaks are a funny beast. Hard to envision a high score contest that goes all weekend on linked games. We just did a head to head bracket on them but that doesn't fit in a show enviorment.

What about a team tournament. It's a times head to head match against your partner. You add both of your scores together at the end of the game. That's the score you submit for the contest. The one who actually scored the higher score of the match just gets bragging rights over their partner if they win the top prize. Maybe I can set it all up on matchplay.events for selfie picture submissions of the scores and leaderboards.

How's that sound to everyone. Each game set to 1$ a play? So a team score submission costs 2$ total.

2 weeks later
    #308 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Hey men. How is this show for the EM guys. TIA

Haven't seen you in awhile Gerry! Definitely come to Pintastic. We have a blast. You'll love it.

#316 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Oh, and will there be excessive drinking involved ?
    I HOPE so...

Ask Gabe about the 3 AM story Saturday night

1 week later
    #336 7 years ago

My self and a couple others from The Sanctum run the tournament. We encourage everyone to participate. We have kids compete every year and have fun. Some top players enjoy coming out too. Last years winner was Lyman Sheats. Some of you might know that name. Enveryone just has a good time. The vibe is pretty chill and we enjoy ourselves tremendously. We keep with the vibe of the show and just have a blast all weekend.

We will also have a side tournament for charity. It will be a high score contest on a pair of linked NBA fastbreaks. More about that to come.

#343 7 years ago
    Quoted from Radagast:

Hey Sanctum dudes, any chance of reincarnating the pingolf tourney again this year? I guess it's probably more work than it's worth, but I would definitely participate in both if that were an option!

Time is the issue. With new IFPA rules the Pingolf event would need its own finals. Trying to run two finals at the same time is tricky especially when people are involved in both. The other issue is bringing another 9+ games. We already haul in and dial in 12 games alone for the main tournament.

This year we are adding the linked fastbreak side tournament. Simple to run. No extra finals. Allows us to focus on main event and make that run as smooth as possible. No IFPA point but the pot will be split with a great charity.

#345 7 years ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

Not looking to make more work for you , but not every tournament needs to be IFPA endorsed . So there's no need to run any pinball event any specific way. The IFPA and points are awesome in their own way , but in no way should exclude anyone from running a fun tournament of any kind. I only chime in because you kind of made it sound like you are bound by IFPA on how to run tournaments.

Now i will shut up.
    You guys do plenty of awesome things. Personally i am fine with the events you have planned.

That's why we are doing the charity event. No ifpa points there. Simple format for a good cause. We aren't bound by IFPA but know that a large number of people wouldn't put in the effort for 9 holes of golf if it was t ifpa endorsed. Bringing another 9 games for 20-30 people to play on wouldn't be worth it. Side event in previous years typically runs at 60-70%of players of main event when it is endorsed. We will see how it goes trying to raise money for a charity as a side event.

Plus not everyone came to our march madness tournament like you linked fastbreaks will be a draw for many and you don't see them very often.

Thanks Ed for the kind words.

#347 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

WTF is "mnaubaa"? It sounds like something beelzeboob would alibaba while drooling.

I can play that game too!

2 months later
    #772 6 years ago

Sorry for the delay on the tournament bank everyone. So much going on and this is our ideal list but a couple details are still being worked out. 10$ an entry. Just like old papa style. 5 games a ticket. We will also have a full stream of the tournament with commentators booth and be running Karl's software with self queues and player profiles.

Bow & Arrow
    Demo Man
    Dialed in LE
    Scorpion
    Medusa
    Dirty Harry
    Alien Poker
    Harley Davidson(Bally)
    Viper
    Hoops
    Viking
    EIghtball Deluxe

We will also have the two linked fastbreaks setup. 1$ per player. Combine your head to head score of you and your opponent and that's your score entry into our charity tournament with a split pot for the winners and the charity. The charity is The Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay. It's a charity my wife's uncle started 15 years ago when his daughter died of juvenile diabetes. He spends many months a year in Paraguay bringing Clinics and clean water to remote villages and is setting up schools as well.

-Jim

#777 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Super rare Stern Viper or super shitty Sega Viper?
    Cool list of games!

Stern. No Segas here. Trying to keep things interesting in the bank.

#784 6 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

Why no love for sega?

No hate just don't have any Segas at The Sanctum to bring.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=whridlsoncestood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.