(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shlockdoc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I dont think its a lost cause. I like to think its a work in progress.
    One thing I am going to do is give outdoor flee market vendors no reason not to come. I am lowering the cost of a out door flee market spot from $120 to $85. You get one weekend pass with your out door spot. So its basically a free spot. I hope this works!

I will get a flea spot

1 week later
    #60 7 years ago

The poster is great looking but is very busy as a promotional poster. You need a poster that non-pinheads are going to see and get the important info quickly. It's a great ego piece but not sure it will drive traffic in the way you hope. Not a dig on the artist.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I think the logo pulls you in than you stop and take another closer look at the details.

You are the boss.

1 month later
    #265 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Have I mentioned recently how much I love this show? Can't wait...it's always a great time. And my daughter, husband, their baby and dog are all coming. 3 generations of Boobs. (Is that gonna hurt ticket sales?)

Stay home and just send Mrs Boob, she is lot more fun.

1 month later
    #390 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone have any suggestions to make the VIP lounge more cool? Please keep the ideas PG-13 lol

Someone to MC the night. Create a more social atmosphere, maybe a fun game show for goofy prizes and free drinks. It is very insulated and clicky and does not really create an environment to meet and greet. It is free grub and go. Sorry you asked.

#392 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

He had me at "free."

Maybe beelze can be the MC. We can always throws rotten tomatoes

1 week later
    #466 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Yours are reserved!

This will make others delighted

1 week later
    #555 6 years ago

I wanted Munich. Now the show is ruined

2 weeks later
    #645 6 years ago

Gabe i do not see the link to register for the flea market? where on the site is that?

#647 6 years ago

thanks will do

3 weeks later
    #1115 6 years ago

I had fun. I had an outdoor flea market spot. The show needs to do a better job of making people aware it exists. Most people had no idea it existed. The doors were shut with emergency exit only on the door to go to the flea area. The announcement ( the one I asked for) in the vendor hall sounded like the F train in NYC on a bad day. No one heard it.
    Maybe move it inside like Pinfest. The availability of used and rare parts for sale is a key and vital part of the hobby that fills in the blanks from vendors. It's what makes a show a show in my mind. Finding that elusive treasure that's not an led or a mod from a vendor keeps people's games going. If it the same next year I do not think I would go through the trouble and expense. I can bring a free play game get fawned over, given raffles and air conditioning and enjoy the show and not be anchored to something that I feel makes a show a show. Stepping of my soapbox.

#1355 6 years ago

The outdoor flea allows for some fresh air and a change of pace. The rain was killer both days. We never set up the grill. Most vendors including us had our own tents. Unlike Levi, I could care less about the tournament. though it, like the flea is part of the overall experience. It's nice to be able to hear people, have a beer, talk pinball and chill without the din of 100 pins. There are only so many loops one can do. I think up front of the hall would be great. That was sterling adams idea (flea vendor) and it is great. Having emergency exit only on the doors and garbage cans blocking them does not help drive traffic out back. I guess all have their opinions, mine is, without a flea I'd probably pass on the show.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shlockdoc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=shlockdoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.