(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1172 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Parents need to make sure these little darlings don't press a four player game, play one ball and walk away. I will say I didn't see crazy monkey flipping, which was nice...

This happened to me on Diner in the free play room. Thought about re-starting the machine, but did not think that would be cool on someone else's machine. Had to waste 11 balls to get back to a 1 player fresh game. I can't say the 4 player was done on purpose, just did not know what button to push to start I bet.

#1179 6 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Great show, and thanks to all involved-- I really had a fantastic time. All of the folks who worked the event were friendly and helpful, and it was really well organized. So please don't take the comments below as criticisms, but rather as friendly suggestions to help improve things...
    - Change the rule regarding machine removal. On Friday afternoon, I unexpectedly bought a machine (the Fish Tales that was near the front door). I could have removed it after 8 on Friday without penalty, but I really wanted to leave it out so that people could enjoy it... and doing so meant I was "stuck" until after 8 on Saturday (or had to pay the penalty). I would suggest a time stamp system-- for example, that machines have to stay in free play for 24 hours or pay the early removal fee, but not tie it to the time of day that a machine can be taken.
    - Get a better system of tracking who owns machines. After I purchased mine, I went up to the registration booth to turn the keys in and change the game into my name, and I was told that there was no way to do that this year.
    - I can see both sides of this one, but I would suggest spreading out the EM games more. It will relieve some of the congestion of the center aisle where lots of people were crowding in to play the more popular titles.
    - Move those couple of vendors out of the free play area and into the vendor area-- that's a lot of space that could have been used for more games.
    - You may want to add a notification that players should not turn on games that are turned off. I turned off a game that had a flipper locked on, and went to file a repair ticket. When I brought the top half of the ticket back to put it with the game, someone had turned the game back on, and was attempting to play-- locked flipper and all.
    - I agree with the others-- do away with the auction. There were really only a couple of interesting pieces (a box of used rings? Seriously?), and it's a lot of space taken up for the entire weekend for an auction that lasted about an hour. That space could be repurposed for the flea market, and would get both more foot traffic and get the vendors out of the elements.
    - At some point on Friday, the hotel ran out of pint cups, and switched to a much smaller cup (12 ounce maybe?) and didn't pondingly adjust the price of the beer. I noticed quite a drop off in the number of people walking around with beer after that.

Was the locked flipper on TZ in the vendor area or EATPM in the free area? Just wondering as I ran into those, machine already on.

#1296 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I'm flattered that your using my bsd as a guide. Thank you for recording the seminars. Please contact me about possibly joining our team. That way you can be on the inside and we can set this up properly with what you need.

Great show was there on Saturday. One issue was lack of air conditioning in the vendor hall where the tournament was held. Dead stale humid air. Free Play air was nicely air conditioned.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=kozmckpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.