(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chicoman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1084 6 years ago

Just got back from Pintastic and this was my first visit to the show. Loved it! Will be back next year for certain...hopefully with a few games to showcase in the Free Play room too. Just couldn't get the time off this year.

Some thoughts on a few pins.....

Star Wars - Had a great game on it almost 700Mil but to me the game was just ok. Nothing special...it's classic Ritchie...super fast, great flow and non-stop but the playfield.....UGH! Maybe the Premium and LE will have better appeal but as a huge Star Wars fan who had my hand on the trigger to buy I'm glad I didn't.

AFM Remake SE Edition - It's a great remake of a great game! SO MUCH FUN! LOVE IT!

Dialed In - This is going to be a great pinball machine. I loved it.....It's definitely on my want list...the whole Super Selfie mode is pretty funny as the pin takes your pics while your playing and puts them up all over the backglass....made me laff!

Hobbit - I finally got a chance to play it and I thought it was a great pin. Multiball is easy to get but this is a super cool pinball machine. I really am starting to prefer the Jersey Jack pinball machines vs Stern.

Wizard of Oz - Had a couple super crappy games on it....but damn it looks great! Love the theme wish I could have played it more.

Star Trek - I always heard good things about this pin and I really enjoyed it alot. Super fun game.

Walking Dead - Was really impressed by the Premium Model in the Free Play area I really enjoyed it...but then in the vendor hall the Pro Model Walking Dead just felt like it wasn't on par with the other model I played.

Aerosmith - Love the band, love the theme however this pin just seemed to fall flat for me. It's not AC/DC and it's not KISS but it wasn't bad either.....just ok.

Metallica - I don't see what all the rage is about this pin. Maybe I was expecting more but it was just average IMO.

Game of Thrones - Never saw a single episode of the TV series but I really thought the pin was fun.

Ghostbusters - alot of people don't seem to like this pin and I don't quite understand why. I think it's one of Stern's best pins in a long time.

I will say this....Stern might have created the bar with their pinball machines but damn Jersey Jack Pinball has taken that bar and raised it. I really am becoming a Jersey Jack Pinball fan pretty quickly. I don't think Stern Pinball is bad but I don't think the creativity is there for alot of their recent pins. Some of them even feel clunky and look cheaply made when compared to the Jersey Jack Stuff, even the remake of AFM just looks like a more solid pinball than the Stern pins.

Stern needs to up their game in terms of quality and come up with some fresh ideas for future pinball machines because right now they just seem like a company going through the motions.

Loved the show. Can't wait to go back next year!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chicoman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=chicoman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.