(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider albummydavis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#797 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schnollms:

Idk what ur willing to spend since many of the newer pins can be in the thousands whereas the 1960-70s Gottlieb wedgeheads that I'm into can range from $400-800 on average. My advice is go with someone u know that's knowledgeable and try to by from someone u know or they know in the hobby. That certainly helps in terms of honesty and getting a good deal. A lot a dealers can be big sleeze bags to people who aren't that knowledgeable or are newbies. Just my imput.

I didn't want to say this, but it is sadly true. Like anywhere else, there were some decent deals, lots of very fair deals, and some complete rip-offs. I went on Fri. last year, and I'm sure a lot of guys start high early in the show, but some prices were insane. I had one guy I know from early in my collecting life trying to tell me that his overpriced beat-to-crap early ss was this hidden gem.

So either go with someone more experienced, or do a hell of a lot of reading first. Even better, remember, you can always take a break (it's not like you're never going to get a chance to buy a specific game ever again), go off on your own, and read up on your smart phone. And haggle. Like you've never haggled before.

1 week later
    #998 6 years ago

Some truly great games there. Unfortunately, my son and I had to leave at about 1:45, before any of the Dialed In's were running (aside from the tourney game). Thankfully, the SW were finally ready just before we left, and we each got one game in. Loved it. Played the nicest Medusa I've ever seen--never liked the game before, loved this one. Somehow, I never played Pinball Magic before--my son and I both loved it. Not sure if it went down, or if it was sold, but man it was great. Finally had a chance to play Rock. Game was gorgeous, just not my cup of tea. Had my modest personal high on WOZ, and had a blast.

#1181 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

This happened to me on Diner in the free play room. Thought about re-starting the machine, but did not think that would be cool on someone else's machine. Had to waste 11 balls to get back to a 1 player fresh game. I can't say the 4 player was done on purpose, just did not know what button to push to start I bet.

This happened to my son and I on the Hobbit, which gives you pretty much endless do-overs for short balls. Took forever to clear the 4 games the kids left on. The woman behind us didn't understand what we were doing and seemed kind of po'd.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider albummydavis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=albummydavis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.