(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schnollms.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#749 6 years ago

Man I wish I could come. I've never been to pintastic before (only Allentown).

#791 6 years ago
    Quoted from weasley:

I am in the market for my first pin - would Pintastic be a good place for a first pin purchase? Or would it be totally overwhelming for a newbie like me?

Idk what ur willing to spend since many of the newer pins can be in the thousands whereas the 1960-70s Gottlieb wedgeheads that I'm into can range from $400-800 on average. My advice is go with someone u know that's knowledgeable and try to by from someone u know or they know in the hobby. That certainly helps in terms of honesty and getting a good deal. A lot a dealers can be big sleeze bags to people who aren't that knowledgeable or are newbies. Just my imput.

#793 6 years ago

I'm not going to the show but I'm searching for a 1971 Gottlieb Astro. If anyone is (or knows someone) bringing one in good condition that works, and for a reasonable price I may be interested.
    -Michael Schnoll ([email protected]).

#795 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Their is going to be 4 of them at the show you should come.

Hmm i don't see anything about that on your website lol

#810 6 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Astro is a tough title, I have a really nice one, repainted cabinet because the bottom board was delaminated and I like nice cabinets with shiny doors and coin plates. One pinsider was selling his, he was asking or got big bucks. I contemplated selling mine, then I put a few games on it, changed my mind. Asro is a great player and highly underrated. Other than maybe a Majorettes or a Rock Star my bucket list is really shrunk down. Nice examples of Astro have good playfields and glasses don't come up very often good luck finding one.

Yeah it's definitely a very tough game to find; I've been in the search for one since Pinfest 2015 when I didn't grab the one there for the $600 they wanted . That's definitely something I regret. Unfortunately, one of the biggest problems with Astro is that the ones I've came across since then were priced extremely out of range.

#820 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I bought mine for $250, and I thought I overpaid at the time. Cabinet is meh, and the backglass has a large scratch (diamond?) on the front. It was a very long time ago. Someone fairly local had it in their garage.

It's pretty much a $600-800 pin right now in this market. I've seen some in mediocre condition at best that we're priced well over a $1k.

#822 6 years ago

if someone offered me 800
    For mine I'd politely ask what game they were adding to the deal. I don't think 600/800 is far off I'm just not parting with mine for that price range anytime soon.

Never asked lol. Just said the price range

#932 6 years ago

Have a great show everyone! I won't be there but i hope to see lots of show pictures and videos (and if wedgeheads of course).

#937 6 years ago

Since I can't get there this year, I might as well play pinball at home

IMG_7106 (resized).JPGIMG_7106 (resized).JPG

#976 6 years ago

Wedgeheads at Pintastic

Thanks for posting! just wondering (for my own knowledge) how much r the bowling queen and el dorado?

#977 6 years ago

Any flea market pics?

#989 6 years ago

Bob Adams has some real cool chit , if I think of it I'll snap pics tomorrow AM . Old gas pumps, real neat items. . There's a guy in the outdoor flea with large signs. He's got a Canada Dry sign that has to be 6' across

Please tell him that the Schnolls say hi. He's a really great guy. Lots of knowledge and great stuff

#1027 6 years ago

We'll be going to Vegas for a few days as part of r summer vacation. Can't wait to stop by Tim Arnold's pinball museum. Definitely a must see (hundreds of wedgheads)!! There's a pretty sweet Gottleib Rock Star. Otherwise next up for us is Allentown.

#1075 6 years ago

Is there anyway I can find out the auction results?

#1207 6 years ago

R there any auction results? A friend of mine who also didn't make the show is interested.

#1234 6 years ago

It's a shame really. Allentown has bathroom attendants , keeps the scum somewhat in check. Hey old retired dudes could make a few $ in tips this way. Heck have them offer sanitizer the same way they offer paper towels
    To the Joey Chesnut wannabes : there is a reaction to your actions . I just hope the party isn't removed due your lack of compassion and your poor judgement .

I think that for the agriplex the bathroom dudes r included in Ivan's rental rates but I'm not sure 100%. Keep in mind if at Sturbridge they're not included, then it's a huge added expense for gabe.

#1367 6 years ago

Ok guys I wasn't at the show and have never been to pintastic, and in all honesty I don't think i will. I know it's an amazing show, lots of activities to keep young children entertained, stuff like that but as 1974deltaqueen mentioned that's just not for me or my family or any other dealer who's really into the EM's and I don't associate that with pinball shows in my opinion. I've talked to MANY people who seemed more excited about the show being held in a fancy ballroom and that it was near pools and lakes rather than the content of the show. At least from the pics I saw, there's some nice wedghead titles but it still doesn't seem to be that type of show. The flea market seemed to have been a dog and I think it needs to be more of an Allentown type show (lots of EMs, an indoor flea market with EMs) and that's centrally located (like how Pinfest is just 1 hr from philly and 90 mins from NYC and near many highways that bring the pinheads together). This is a general statement but a lot of pinheads tend to also come from the Midwest or the south and probably won't go up to MA. I know a lot of pinheads travel 5 hours+ to go to a show but I'm pretty much local and 2.5 hours is far to go to a show that (in all fairness, no offense) does not seem to have a large assortment of wedgeheads and a growing flea market like pinfest. 2017 was our 5th straight year set up at Pinfest and hopefully 2018 will be my 6th. Now in regards to show dates, the heart of summer (end of June, all of July and August) just isn't my time of year for shows; even if pintastic is a great show (which I'm sure it is). That's why I can't make the Saratoga show since I'll be in Vegas. I think that (so you don't compete with York or Allentown) early spring (like march) or late fall (November/December) is prime. I miss Ivan's fall show and would certainly go to one.

#1382 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Pintastic is not trying to be like Allantown or York. Have you even been to Texas or Expo? We are a little more like those 2 shows with more of a family atmosphere. If you do not expose kid and family to pinball they will never be able to experience the EM's you love so much. What I would suggest is that you give it a try. You may be surprised by whst you find.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Your loss. Sound like you're only trying to go to one type of show, and that can get boring pretty quickly. Pintastic is the ONLY show that my whole family gets excited about going to, and it gets better every year. To each his own, I suppose.

Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I'm sorry for your loss, I had a great time

It's not my loss because the show isn't for me 100%. I know people who don't like Allentown and can't stand York because it isn't for them and that's fine. Like I've said guys, I know and am sure it's an amazing show, it just doesn't seem to have the flea market and free play games that i desire. Gabe I'd love to come next year, but i just hope that there's an indoor flea market that gets attention. I was never trying to criticize or put down what I know is a great show. The kids activities are great but i just never thought they'd be part of a pinball show and u make a valid point. Beezleboob I only go to one show a year and that is Allentown so it doesn't get boring lol. I hope to make it to York. Those r the type of shoes I enjoy. Hope to come next year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schnollms.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=Schnollms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.