(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Actually tree house brewery is building a huge state of the art facility 2 miles away from the show location. It will be opening next month. I'm sure this will be a afternoon trip for many people that come to Pintastic this year.
    http://treehousebrew.com/blog/2016/2/28/a-reflection-and-plans-for-the-future

Wow..I have not been staying on top of Treehouse timelines.... Awesome...So many great craft breweries now, good times! One thing to correct from last year, there was zero, I mean zero, advertising at the show for the craft beer that was being offered....Not one sign to be seen, someone dropped the ball on that one on their part or the shows....

1 month later
    #108 7 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Does the hotel have better in room wifi and non purple water in the bathrooms now?

Lol...

2 weeks later
    #189 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Another request you should make Gabe, is the condition of the public restrooms near the free play area. This was mentioned earlier in the year regarding the show. The restroom was a disgrace, and hotel management really needs to step up their game.
    Are we heading towards handing out latex gloves in the free play area?

Have you been to Pinfest? Those are skeevy as hell

3 weeks later
    #256 7 years ago

Question...I noticed "craft beers" is mentioned on flyers etc...So, is it Treehouse Brewery as mentioned before? If so, if that was in the flyers people who are not into Pinball would have come just for Treehouse beers, as the lines are hours at a time.. I know last year there was zero signage for the Brewery that attended, I didn't even know they were there...

#258 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

No, tree house is still under construction. We will have Rapscallion beer flowing again this year. They will have a good amount of signage at the venue this year. We will have their flagship honey IPA $5 a pint and Munich dark a German-style dark lager at $6 a pint.

Darn, that stinks...It's their new brewery that's under construction, the original is still chugging along... If anyone wants to make the drive down the street to Treehouse be prepared to wait a few hours...

Good to hear at least one local brewer will be representing!

1 month later
    #405 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Mayfair will be set up in full force. If you are looking for a specific glass contact them and they will bring it.
    I'm still working on the beer girls. They are not wenches be nice please.

The true meaning of "Wench" is a "young girl", "Bar Maid" etc, nothing offensive. So in theory the girls working at say, Tilted Kilt could be described as "Wenches" in old world English.

And he was asking about pf glass being available, not BG's...Will there be a vender selling pf glass?

#423 6 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I got 3 replies for Beer Girl on Worcester CL, I'm more than willing to screen first then give the best candidates to Gabe to pick from.

LMFAO

I can only imagine what that could turn up lol.....We may start seeing a few "friendly for $$" woman showing up knowing it's at a hotel and there will be a few lonely souls floating around...

#439 6 years ago

Everyone gets offended by everything these days, I'm surprised they have not censored all the T&A on the games yet (I'm sure it's in the works in someone's head). Last year I went to my best friend's 40th bday party wearing a "F it, let's Drink" Chive t-shirt. Approx two hours in, his father in law storms up to me and demands I remove it immediately as it's offensive to the "women"...If it was any other venue I would have told him to GFY, but I obliged (As my buddy tried to kick him out lol). My wife asked me why I changed, then wanted to put the shirt on herself lol.

So yeah, Beer girls usually come as part of a promotion team, so I doubt we will see any, but if they were there and I was with my wife and daughter, my wife would not be offended..hell, she picked my buddies and I up from an all day open bar/buffet rager at Desires (Gentleman's club) once (Those days are long gone, it was some time ago)

O, btw I freaken HATE clowns(with a passion), but I won't be offended if I see them at the show

#441 6 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I'm not everyone, and I'm not offended by it, so you misconstrue the word ''offended'' with what I was trying to make people aware of. Some people don't need or want to go to gentleman's clubs, or have wives that are down for picking them up at one, just as some people don't hate clowns with a passion.
    My point was, what are we really trying to promote here? A family show or something else? Offended has nothing to do with it, it's about taking a step back and thinking about everyone and not just yourself because you want it to be.
    Gabe knows he can do what he wants, it's his canvas, I'm just one voice.

I was generalizing society as a whole, not directing anything at you. And yes, everyone is different, if we weren't, this would be one boring as F world.. So yes, some people do live by the the Bible, some consort with unsavory characters and live life on the edge, while some are somewhere in the middle. (And as a public event, they will all be there) Point taken(without repeating everything you typed)... O, and F clowns

#450 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Two sided Beer Glass New for this year! Get yours only $5 each at the show!

That looks cool....I will definitely grab two

#480 6 years ago

Hitting up another bar tonight to distribute some Pintastic ad cards....Well, that's my excuse anyway

#486 6 years ago

Well.....I went to the bar.....and I forget the freakin flyers at home, Doh! Did have a few Excellent female staff delivering my craft beers, and crayons for my daughter....really helped round out the experience for the evening

#489 6 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Odd...not many girls want crayons after they turn 21.

Good to know, I'll let you know my findings in 19 years.... (Sorry for not defining "Bar", "Bar" as in Family Restaurant/Bar chain with children's menu, which comes with crayons for child to color with)

#492 6 years ago

Have more people reserved flea market spots so far this year? Always looking for more crap I don't need

#542 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Pints of Rapscallion beers on tap -munich-dark $6 And Honey $5

No IPA? Isn't Munich Dark a fall beer? Too bad you couldn't get Treehouse Brewery to be there, but if they were there the line would probably be out the door and around the block...

#560 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Ok I confirmed tonight we are changing the beer choices to Rapscallion honey 4.5% alcohol $5 a pint and Rapscallion IPA version 4 which will be available at the time of the show 6% alcohol.

Nice, I will try their beer for sure now, zero chance on other selections....

#606 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

What's in the bucket?

Severed heads...

#610 6 years ago

Can't wait for an ice cold Rapscallion in Pintastic mug! When you combine the two it makes it "Pint Tastic"

Hope they come pre washed, so I can pour my tarmac 12oz's in the lot (Stelthly of course)

3 weeks later
    #765 6 years ago

What is the deal with the auction? I was informed last year that you had to be present to bid/win.. I work weekends, so I will be there Friday, wanted to bid on a cab last year but said F it with the info I was given....So, clarification?

#775 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The auction is Saturday at 1pm and yes you have to be present to bid. Cash only and you must take it home same day.

Ahh, ok Thanks....I won't even walk in the room then...

#796 6 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

why - just put an absentee bid in and i can bring it to north smithfield ri - as i mentioned earlier i will have an enclosed 20 foot trailer there in the parking lot if people need to get things back to ri. thanks ed

Thanks for the offer Ed..

#879 6 years ago

"Backpage Pinball"? Lol

#882 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Be respectful of the girls. They are not from backpage.

It was a joke.......

(Fyi, Backpage no longer exists anyway)

#940 6 years ago

Just curious...Do People who show up on Thursday just to be able to enter the free play area pay the same as the Fri/Sat crowd who have access to free play, vendor and outside flea market? Or is it a reduced rate...

#945 6 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

$15 admission Thursday, $20 admission Fri. and Sat. Might as well hold out 'til Friday unless you want first dibs on pins for sale...
    -Doug

Ahh, that's cool...Yea, was only planning on Friday, as usual...

#1040 6 years ago

BT Smokehouse review: not my cup of tea or the wife's. Brisket and ribs had a lot if fat and were dry. Without the sauce I chugged a 32 ounce Gatorade to flush things down. Cornbread was good we both liked that. Staff was very friendly and looked like their jobs didnt suck. Place looked clean and it was hopping. Hindsight for 25$ I'd probably order Chinese next time. Try it for yourself I will not be badmouthing them, maybe I'm off.
    Pintastic Review: absolutely awesome! Great lineup of pins spanning 80 years. Had a tech fixing chit left and right. His wife was cleaning all the glass in free play, that was IMPRESSIVE. I didn't see any unhappy campers, smiles everywhere! Great games in the tournament, free play, vendor hall. Simply put you can tell Gabe put his heart into this show. The staff were all on point but not pushy, great to see. Huge selection of merchandise, please support this show ! This Pinsider gives it 2 thumbs way up!

Sorry I missed you, got there a little later than expected, but stayed till 11pm (I think, memory got foggy near the end)..

Glad I skipped the BBQ, was going to give it a shot... Went with "Teddy G's" as usual, very good. Had Prime rib and a 34oz Wormtown "Be Hoppy"... Excellent!

Show was good but sucked that there was no outside Flea due to weather and auction room was locked every time I checked, so gave up on that. Played a lot of EM's, all played great. Everything else I wanted to play was either broken, turned off, or not on Freeplay (While in Freeplay area)(Just happen to be the few I wanted to play, not many were down). Loved that guy Bob's indoor flea setup, just like Pinfest, he had an awesome selection. The IPA was ok, I tried one. Also good prices on Pintastic swag, grabbed a grey T and a few glasses.
    O, didn't see any "Pintastic Girls", but this guy made up for it

48812.jpeg48812.jpeg

#1127 6 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

I had fun. I had an outdoor flea market spot. The show needs to do a better job of making people aware it exists. Most people had no idea it existed. The doors were shut with emergency exit only on the door to go to the flea area. The announcement ( the one I asked for) in the vendor hall sounded like the F train in NYC on a bad day. No one heard it.
    Maybe move it inside like Pinfest. The availability of used and rare parts for sale is a key and vital part of the hobby that fills in the blanks from vendors. It's what makes a show a show in my mind. Finding that elusive treasure that's not an led or a mod from a vendor keeps people's games going. If it the same next year I do not think I would go through the trouble and expense. I can bring a free play game get fawned over, given raffles and air conditioning and enjoy the show and not be anchored to something that I feel makes a show a show. Stepping of my soapbox.

Thank You for coming and setting up! Sorry it blew out there... I think the outside is too ignored, existence unknown, weather dependent to properly exist here....The auction was a waste this year (And if you can't come Saturday, a waste of Space anyway)... Like just mentioned, maybe use it's floor space for flea market setup? Beats a locked door full of unused space for a small auction that happens prior to schedule so no one is there..... I'd much rather have a flea market to pick through than an auction I can't attend.....

#1192 6 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I just thought of something else... some stations with hand sanitizer would be nice. I get a little skeeved out thinking about the people I watched walk away from the urinals without washing their hands and went right back into the free play area.

Amen...... Friday afternoon the bathroom paper towel dispenser was broken (missing entire front) and a soaking wet quarter roll of paper towels was in a puddle on the sinks....I had a bottle of Purel in my pocket (glad I planned ahead)

So, maybe dry paper towels in the bathroom to start?

#1197 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

So much water on the sinks that I thought the geese got in and took a bath.
    Maybe a seminar to show some how to help keep restroom clean.
    -Mike

Ha! Yes, that should be a seminar lol...

I had a urinal that appeared to be location of a "Manscapeing" incident, never observed that much content on a urinal.....O, and it wasn't water under the urinals....Maybe a seminar on "proper aiming procedure" as well

#1279 6 years ago

I'm just curious, I know it's proper etiquette not to place a drink on someone's machine, but weren't pins mostly in bars over the decades? I had two full beers pour in two of my pins, no issues other than cleanup. I saw one EM with a warning right across the lock bar...So common sense dictated, every drunk walking by placed a drink on the glass and took a pic...(Good idea in theory, bad real world application) (I think of this as my beer is on my 40's EM slot )

20170712_140845.jpg20170712_140845.jpg

#1282 6 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed if someone put that sort of thing on something I spent a lot of time/money on.

And welcome to the "General Public"...

#1286 6 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

okay i spent over 10 hours there and never saw that slot machine - makes me wonder what else i missed - thanks ed

Lol Ed, picture just for reference...It's my basement

#1320 6 years ago

Looks like all the shows have an indoor flea market, is there really no room for it inside the hotel? It usually rains every year and was basically a bust this year due to weather and the fact no one knew it was out there. If it's not moved inside I doubt people will waste their time rolling the dice and reserving a spot. I almost reserved a spot this year as I have a butt load of parts in my loft collecting dust but did not want to be tied to a table in the back lot and risk bad weather, glad I decided not to pull the pin. If it's outside next year I definitely will not reserve a spot, not worth it. With the show being held on basically the July forth weekend next year, I don't think I will be able to attend anyway, bummer..

#1341 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Would a date change for 2018 to June 28th to the 30th work better for everything pintastic?

Yes....Many People (self included) will either have or be going to holiday cookouts/parties the weekend after the Forth which will affect numbers.

#1391 6 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

You must have missed them, but there are two restaurants right in the hotel, both with good food and reasonable prices. I had a great breakfast in one on Saturday, and had dinner in the other all three nights- their calamari was fantastic. The food point of sale outside of the free play room was lousy and the prices were outrageous.

My $3 ice cold hotdog, in a cold wet bun from the "bar" was fabulous Prime rib from Teddy G's made up for it....

#1402 6 years ago

Coldond3,
    Pintastic girls got very little interaction with their target. The target being males who were interested in buying beer, hats, T-Shirts, or taking pics with them. A few guys did partake, but the interaction Friday night was so disparaging they did not return Saturday night.
    This is second party info i got from a relable source. I worked Friday night.
    DQ74

I didn't even see them, not that I really looked, but was expecting to see them floating around (And I was there like 12hrs)...Had to take photo ops with Capt Pintastic instead

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=Irishbastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.