(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DRDAVE.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1123 6 years ago

Here is the full list of 9 categories of the Best in Show winners:

ANTIQUE: 1958 GOTTLIEB SUNSHINE : DAVE METRANDO
    1960'S: 1968 GOTTLIEB DOMINO: DAVE METRANDO
    1970'S EM: 1978 GOTTLIEB EYE OF THE TIGER: GERRY FARBER
    1970'S SS: 1979 GOTTLIEB TOTEM: GERRY FARBER
    EARLY 1980'S: 1985 GOTTLIEB ROCK: DENNIS COLE
    LATE 1980'S: 1989 WILLIAMS BLACK KNIGHT 2000: NICK MANAITIS
    1990'S: 1995 CAPCOM PINBALL MAGIC: DAVID MADORE
    2000+: 2014 STERN WALKING DEAD: IVAN LYSYKANYCZ
    CUSTOM: ASH VS EVIL (DINER RE-THEME) ; BRIAN HAWKINS

Joel took some great pictures of the blue ribbon awarding and the games with the ribbons on them.
    Will get those posted soon!

Pic attached of the TOTEM that won best 1970's SS.

-Dave (Doc)
    Best in Show Judging Team Director

totem pintastic 2017 (resized).jpgtotem pintastic 2017 (resized).jpg

#1276 6 years ago

Games in the Freeplay area (for sale or not) are all eligible to win a Best in Show ribbon.

We had some great games and some tough choices to make in each category this year. It really helps the game bringers to bring out their best examples for everyone to enjoy! =)

-Dave (Doc)

Quoted from Redfive05:

So I have a question/concern about the Best in Show competition....
    When I set up my games on Thursday I was given the two pieces of paper with my info on them, One game was for sale, one game was not, and I filled out the papers accordingly. When I returned on Saturday the paper on the game that was not for sale had been replaced with a new one, and it said not for sale, but the the not was crossed out with black sharpie. I’m just curious why this would have been changed, and wanted to make sure my game was at least considered for best in show (even though I know I probably would not have won…. The game that did win was very nice and deserved to win). The game that won also had a price on it. So I guess I’m confused as to if games are for sale if they can be entered in the Best of Show competition?
    Thanks!
    ~Jeff

#1345 6 years ago

A lot of show goers love how the games are laid for the past 3 years of this show. All that great classic style artwork all lined up together just looks darn classy at the very least. The old school mellower sounding and playing pins around the perimeter and the louder faster modern pins in the center is still the way to go compared to other shows who do it differently.

The side effect of having it a bit more crowded in the newer pin section is having anyone not wanting to deal with that full time, head over to try a nicely restored EM for a change of pace and really get a chance to experience the mellow Chime Sounds and play of these EMs to see why people love them. =)

The EMs around the perimeter is still BEST as otherwise, they would get drowned out being set up next to a newer louder pin.

-Dave (Doc)

Quoted from drsfmd:

I mentioned earlier in the thread that it might be useful to spread out the EMs... The back aisle that had most of the EMs was fairly easy to navigate. The middle aisle was often not easily passable-- moving some EMs into that row to relieve congestion would be one way to keep the flow of traffic more even throughout the room.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DRDAVE.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread?tu=DRDAVE and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.