(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 30.
    #351 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone have any suggestions to make the VIP lounge more cool? Please keep the ideas PG-13 lol

Besides all the sweet games you are bringing, what do you already have going on in there?

#352 6 years ago
    Quoted from mattmarr:

Besides all the sweet games you are bringing, what do you already have going on in there?

We are going to have 2 big couches in the back. I think we will have a DVD player and one big speaker pointing at the couches running pinball movies.

I am also working on a massage girl who wants to set up in their doing massages. I'm having a little trouble finding anyone but I have a few good leads this week.

#353 6 years ago

But what if I get a boner during my massage.. ?

#354 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

I'll just have you roll over to spare you the embarrassment.

#355 6 years ago

NICE !

#356 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone have any suggestions to make the VIP lounge more cool? Please keep the ideas PG-13 lol

Black lights.
    Some of the best arcades I frequented, used black lights to "enhance" the experience.

#357 6 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Black lights.
    Some of the best arcades I frequented, used black lights to "enhance" the experience.

Black lights and beelzeboob in a massage area sounds like a real bad idea.

#358 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Black lights and beelzeboob in a massage area sounds like a real bad idea. If he goes through the free play area after that no one is touching a machine.

#359 6 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Black lights.

Ok good idea a few games at Texas has black lights over them and they looked very cool. I will look into the lighting in that room.

#360 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Black lights and beelzeboob in a massage area sounds like a real bad idea.

Taxman: Still figuring out the difference between the edit and quote buttons.

#361 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Time is the issue. With new IFPA rules the Pingolf event would need its own finals. Trying to run two finals at the same time is tricky especially when people are involved in both. The other issue is bringing another 9+ games. We already haul in and dial in 12 games alone for the main tournament.
    This year we are adding the linked fastbreak side tournament. Simple to run. No extra finals. Allows us to focus on main event and make that run as smooth as possible. No IFPA point but the pot will be split with a great charity.

Makes complete sense. I'm also a huge of you guys and everything you do and look forward to playing lots of tickets at the main event!

#362 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

A couple VIP games would be cool in there. I also like the idea of black lights or something similar.

#363 6 years ago

I have a seminar idea. What about how to build a 60 in 1? I know that's more video but I'm sure a lot of pinball people would be interested in it.

#364 6 years ago

i can bring a brand new cabinet and everything needed to build one - see butch2099 idea above - just let me know before i sell them as i have 2 of them ready to be built. i can't do the seminar but i'm sure many people can. thanks ed

#365 6 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I have a seminar idea. What about how to build a 60 in 1? I know that's more video but I'm sure a lot of pinball people would be interested in it.

Great idea! I can have Dave Marston get in touch with you to set it up. If anyone wants to put together a panel on any type of pinball or video game repair or anything else shoot me a message. We are open to ideas.

#366 6 years ago

Dave Marston has graciously allowed me to do another seminar this year. (I promise, it will be the last). I'm bringing SharpeShooter III to the show and a new rethemed pinball which ToyotaBoy and I are currently collaborating on. (less than 75 days left to finish a machine that will be completely different than its original form) Hopefully both machines will fit in my car. I'm thinking of tailoring the talk to homebrew pinball, and diving a little bit deeper into how the electronics work.

Did I mention the free stuff? I plan on giving away another set of OPP boards, and all the remnants of the original Dolly machine (MPU, driver board, sound board, etc) that are not part of the retheme. I think that I still have a shirt to give away, too, but don't quote me on that.

#367 6 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Excellent idea

#368 6 years ago

How many spots are left to bring pins for free play? I want to bring 3 but I do not have a way to deliver all 3. Thanks

#369 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We are going to have 2 big couches in the back. I think we will have a DVD player and one big speaker pointing at the couches running pinball movies.
    I am also working on a massage girl who wants to set up in their doing massages. I'm having a little trouble finding anyone but I have a few good leads this week.

You could add some side challenges to the games in the free play room that run for a day or the whole weekend. Maybe you pay $1 to enter a challenge and it's winner take all, or donate a portion of the pot to charity. For LOTR, it could be the person that posts the quickest destroy the ring time (which the game tracks for you). Pay your dollar to enter, when/if you destroy the ring at some point over the weekend, post your time. You can post another time if you put up a second dollar. It would be mostly honor system, but the VIPs I'm sure are all men and women of honor, and the pots would be small potatoes anyway. TZ could be most hitchhikers (or something more creative and interesting), BSD could be having a ball last for more than 15 seconds...

Depending on space available, you could set up a card table where people can play poker (or dealer's choice of the game). If something like hold 'em is going on where it is a small buy in (e.g. $5) and people can come and go as they please, it can be a nice, casual way to shoot the breeze and get to know people.

#370 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

How many spots are left to bring pins for free play? I want to bring 3 but I do not have a way to deliver all 3. Thanks

Plenty of room left. Please start registering games guys.

#371 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I could bring a ps4 with the VR setup if people want that as a little break from playing pinball. Watching someone else play a scary VR game is almost as fun as playing it yourself. Its funny watching them freak out and get scared and scream like a little girl.

#372 6 years ago
    Quoted from openpinballproj:

Dave Marston has graciously allowed me to do another seminar this year. (I promise, it will be the last). I'm bringing SharpeShooter III to the show and a new rethemed pinball which ToyotaBoy and I are currently collaborating on. (less than 75 days left to finish a machine that will be completely different than its original form) Hopefully both machines will fit in my car. I'm thinking of tailoring the talk to homebrew pinball, and diving a little bit deeper into how the electronics work.
    Did I mention the free stuff? I plan on giving away another set of OPP boards, and all the remnants of the original Dolly machine (MPU, driver board, sound board, etc) that are not part of the retheme. I think that I still have a shirt to give away, too, but don't quote me on that.

I have a Dolly not looking for boards but not sure if you had any other parts like plastics ect..

#373 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

I could bring a ps4 with the VR setup if people want that as a little break from playing pinball. Watching someone else play a scary VR game is almost as fun as playing it yourself. Its funny watching them freak out and get scared and scream like a little girl.

That would be cool. Always wanted to try one.

#374 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Great idea! I can have Dave Marston get in touch with you to set it up. If anyone wants to put together a panel on any type of pinball or video game repair or anything else shoot me a message. We are open to ideas.

I would like to go to one..lol..Have a vague idea on how it's done but haven't done one..

#375 6 years ago

Pintastic 2017 Special Guests are....
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/speakers/

#376 6 years ago

Looks like a list of people I am looking forward to seeing.

#377 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Just roll over, the chair will have one of those comfort donuts , but use at you own risk.

donut (resized).jpgdonut (resized).jpg

#378 6 years ago

And this means that we really want you to bring games designed by Barry Oursler.

...and also Ted Zale! I am working with a nearby collector of 1960s games to have a talk about Ted Zale, who was the principal designer for Bally (amusement pinballs, at least) from 1963 to 1973. There is a lot of mystery surrounding Zale, so the presentation will attempt to separate truth from rumor.

Games having programming by Lyman Sheats or sound by David Thiel would be nice to have, too!
    .................David Marston

#379 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

And this means that we really want you to bring games designed by Barry Oursler.
    ...and also Ted Zale! I am working with a nearby collector of 1960s games to have a talk about Ted Zale, who was the principal designer for Bally (amusement pinballs, at least) from 1963 to 1973. There is a lot of mystery surrounding Zale, so the presentation will attempt to separate truth from rumor.

In that case I should try and get my Bally Cosmos running.

#380 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

In that case I should try and get my Bally Cosmos running.

Yeah! That's what we like to see!

Let's see how many of these we can get:
    http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?ppl=Zale&sortby=date&searchtype=advanced
    .................David Marston

#381 6 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Looks like a list of people I am looking forward to seeing.

Yes get your stuff ready to get signed. Everyone will be very accessible.

#382 6 years ago

VIP Lounge lighting will be provided by Rock Custom Pinball!

The lighting is the same that is provided on their awesome under cabinet light kits. Not only will it be able to do black lights but we will be able to change the color to what ever we want. Infinite colors all with the hand held remote. How cool is that!

IMG_0130 (resized).JPGIMG_0130 (resized).JPG

#383 6 years ago

Yay!!
    That's wicked cool

#384 6 years ago

Pintastic Game Registration

Please remember to go here https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/ and register your games before June 1st to receive 2 tickets into our free play raffle! Remember we are giving away over $3,000 in cash and prizes to people who bring games for free play. We have also added more incentives to people who bring more than 5 games.

pintasticadd5 (resized).jpgpintasticadd5 (resized).jpg

#385 6 years ago

Holy moly I'm a huge Todd Tuckey fan. Can't wait to meet him. Oursler too! Zombie Yeti!

Great lineup!

1 week later
    #386 6 years ago

WOW 33 different vendors so far are coming to Pintastic 2017!!
    Go here https://pintasticnewengland.com/links-2/ to see the amazing line up of vendors that are coming to Pintastic 2017 so far. Room is getting very tight and we still have 2 months till show time.

cointaker (resized).jpgcointaker (resized).jpg

#387 6 years ago

With Allentown behind us, everybody should be all about Pintastic. Great show...me and my family (and dog) can't wait.

#388 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

With Allentown behind us, everybody should be all about Pintastic. Great show...me and my family (and dog) can't wait.

You said you were not coming! You can't keep pulling this on us!

#389 6 years ago

Never said that. I said I hoped YOU weren't coming.

#390 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Someone to MC the night. Create a more social atmosphere, maybe a fun game show for goofy prizes and free drinks. It is very insulated and clicky and does not really create an environment to meet and greet. It is free grub and go. Sorry you asked.

#391 6 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Someone to MC the night. Create a more social atmosphere, maybe a fun game show for goofy prizes and free drinks. It is very insulated and clicky and does not really create an environment to meet and greet. It is free grub and go. Sorry you asked.

He had me at "free."

#392 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

He had me at "free."

Maybe beelze can be the MC. We can always throws rotten tomatoes

#393 6 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Maybe beelze can be the MC. We can always throws rotten tomatoes

You can't miss my fat ass...

#394 6 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Your referring to the Friday after party. That is different than the new VIP lounge.

#395 6 years ago

Gabe, i hope ur ready...

i think the puke pit is gonna come in handy

#396 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Gabe, i hope ur ready...
    i think the puke pit is gonna come in handy

Heavy partying will commence in 57 days lol

#397 6 years ago

Gabe - How's the VIP lounge work out for people bringing games for Free Play? Sounds like if I bring one game not for sale that stays there all weekend I'm in? Is that correct?

(I'm likely bringing at least five anyways)

Ed

#398 6 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Gabe - How's the VIP lounge work out for people bringing games for Free Play? Sounds like if I bring one game not for sale that stays there all weekend I'm in? Is that correct?
    (I'm likely bringing at least five anyways)
    Ed

Yes when you register your game it will ask you if your game will be in free play till 10 pm Saturday night. If you answer yes you will get a lanyard and badge with your name on it and with a badge you will have access to the VIP lounge.

Pretty cool right?

#399 6 years ago

Yes...very cool. If it is listed for sale and the purchaser doesn't touch it until Sunday I assume its still ok?

Quoted from dannunz:

Yes when you register your game it will ask you if your game will be in free play till 10 pm Saturday night. If you answer yes you will get a lanyard and badge with your name on it and with a badge you will have access to the VIP lounge.
    Pretty cool right?

#400 6 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Yes...very cool. If it is listed for sale and the purchaser doesn't touch it until Sunday I assume its still ok?

As long as it's their till Saturday at 10pm you are all set. Thank you!

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread/page/8?hl=rondeaux and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.