(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 30.
    #851 6 years ago

Zombie Yeti trans lights. Only 2 left for pickup at the show for $100. You will be able to buy one at the show and in the pintastic store. We will ship it to you but those will be $110. Only 40 total will be made. So message me if you want one of the last 2 for pickup.

IMG_0381 (resized).JPGIMG_0381 (resized).JPG

#852 6 years ago

Well, I just had the small misfortune of a part blowing apart on my Rescue 911. It's the 30558 neoprene sleeve that joins two couplers for the shaft that drives the helicopter.

PBR is out for vacation the whole week, and I don't have a good way to fix this without the actual part. I can't glue the original part back together since I'm can't seem to find all the pieces and epoxy won't hold on this type of slick/waxy plastic.

Does anyone happen to have this in their parts stash by any chance? I've got just about every other small helicopter assembly part *except* this one

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

20170703002625680 (resized).jpg20170703002625680 (resized).jpg

#853 6 years ago

Well, I ended up pulling my other R911 out of my storage area, and pulled the part off of that one. The two game serial numbers are somewhat far apart, and I noticed several differences between the two games. Namely, one that caused some difficulties: the later R911 that I stole the part from used loctite on two machine screws used to screw the helicopter motor to the playfield (plus two plain wood screws). The earlier R911 just uses four wood screws.

If there's one thing I dislike about System 3 games, it's the loctite that got used on these games. Arg!

#854 6 years ago

Probably too late to mention I have had success using a soldering gun on loctited unions on System 3 games. Just heat it up and they come right apart without snapping the machine screw.

#855 6 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Probably too late to mention I have had success using a soldering gun on loctited unions on System 3 games. Just heat it up and they come right apart without snapping the machine screw.

Yeah, I've had success with heating up loctited screws as well. I wasn't in a very good position to set up a soldering iron, and brute force seemed to work on these particular screws, luckily.

Now I'm just wondering if I should reinforce this part somehow to help prevent it from breaking.

#856 6 years ago

Might not be a bad idea to find a person with a 3D printer and get it printed quickly.

#857 6 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Might not be a bad idea to find a person with a 3D printer and get it printed quickly.

I don't think I know anyone locally with a 3D printer.

Besides, this part gets put under a lot of stress. I'm not sure that a consumer grade 3D print would hold up.

In any case, for a long-term solution, I would go with what PBResource has available. It's just that since they aren't open this week, I didn't have that option before this week's show happens.

#858 6 years ago

Happy Pintastic Week everyone!

Nothing like a 2 day work week capped with a three day pinball festival!

#859 6 years ago

Pintastic badges! We went high end this year. They look amazing.

IMG_0377 (resized).PNGIMG_0377 (resized).PNG

IMG_0378 (resized).PNGIMG_0378 (resized).PNG

#860 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think I know anyone locally with a 3D printer.
    Besides, this part gets put under a lot of stress. I'm not sure that a consumer grade 3D print would hold up.
    In any case, for a long-term solution, I would go with what PBResource has available. It's just that since they aren't open this week, I didn't have that option before this week's show happens.

https://www.theupsstore.com/print/3d-printing/netfabb-locations

There is also this: https://www.3dhubs.com/ The material they use can be nylon to fiber reinforced nylon. That stuff is like carbon fibre.

#863 6 years ago

Lol, apparenrly the universe doesn't care if I'm focused at work or not this week.

IMG_6544 (resized).PNGIMG_6544 (resized).PNG

#864 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Pintastic badges! We went high end this year. They look amazing.

They sure do! What did previous years look like?

#865 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Lol, apparenrly the universe doesn't care if I'm focused at work or not this week.

Is that an old picture? I didn't think Mike had the parties at the stores anymore. He throws private parties (like the Dialed-In one) at the Pepe Farm Rd place. Does he have a store front in your area?

#866 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Is that an old picture? I didn't think Mike had the parties at the stores anymore. He throws private parties (like the Dialed-In one) at the Pepe Farm Rd place. Does he have a store front in your area?

No, I was up in Enfield this morning when I saw the truck, so at the other side of the state from them!

#867 6 years ago

Bring 5 or more games to Pintastic free play and get this cool limited addition hat you can't buy and a $50 gift card to the Oxford tavern!

IMG_0384 (resized).JPGIMG_0384 (resized).JPG

#868 6 years ago

Pintastic color logo hats! We will have 50 for sale at the show get them while they last! $25

IMG_0385 (resized).JPGIMG_0385 (resized).JPG

#869 6 years ago

Anyone bringing a Baywatch to the show? Might have a mod for you if you are.

#870 6 years ago

Some of the games in the auction are starting to be revealed:
    http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=2939111
    .................David Marston

#871 6 years ago

This makes 5 shows in a row for me with rain forecasted ,

IMG_3036 (resized).PNGIMG_3036 (resized).PNG

#872 6 years ago

The weather is calling for AM shower's early Friday .07" of rain. Other than that the rest of the show is partly sunny and in the low 80's.

#873 6 years ago

Not to worry, it will only be raining when I'm moving my game in and out of my vehicle. Will send schedule...

#874 6 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

This makes 5 shows in a row for me with rain forecasted ,

If only there was something to do inside that day

#875 6 years ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

If only there was something to do inside that day

Yeah like listen to DMD noise
    I'm into the flea market myself gotta house full of pins I can play pinball anytime. But the beer sounds pretty good.

#876 6 years ago

If someone can take photos / video of Hugh's 2 projects (sharpe shooter 3 and van halen) while at the show I'd greatly appreciate it:
    https://openpinballproject.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/742017-ready-for-pintastic-2017/

#877 6 years ago

Meet the 2017 Pintastic promo girls Kimmy and Kristin. A word from Kimmy!

"Hey everyone, my name is Kimmy and I'll be one of the Pintastic Promo Girls! Kristin and I will be hanging out at the Pintastic booth near free play Friday and Saturday nights between 9pm and 1am selling merchandise and waiting to meet you all to take pictures to remember the night.. I hope you guys are as excited as we are! See you on the 7th "

IMG_0372 (resized).JPGIMG_0372 (resized).JPG

IMG_0393 (resized).JPGIMG_0393 (resized).JPG

#878 6 years ago

bringing a nice slugfest for free play area and for sale at 1400....

#879 6 years ago

"Backpage Pinball"? Lol

#880 6 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

"Backpage Pinball"? Lol

Be respectful of the girls. They are not from backpage.

#881 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Yes no back page girls. Now if you're talking Magic Lantern from the 80's then I can list all the dancers and the hottest waitress , Lori Anderson 1987-91 like it was yesterday

#882 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

It was a joke.......

(Fyi, Backpage no longer exists anyway)

#883 6 years ago

Here's a partial list of stuff I'm bringing to the Flea Market.

Looking forward to a lot of fun!

Pinball Cabinets
    -Beach Queens playfield and lower cabinet
    -PunchOut playfield and lower cabinet
    -Kiss lower cabinet
    -The Games head, light board, lower cabinet
    -Jacks to Open head, light board, lower cabinet
    -Cleopatra lower cabinet

Playfields
    -Bobby Orr Power Play
    -Close Encounters
    -Disco Fever
    -Galaxy
    -Sinbad
    -Sinbad
    -Spirit of 76 Playfield Parts
    -Space Shuttle Playfield Parts
    -Hang Glider

Stuff
    -Innovative Tester w/adapters, Raster module (broken neck) XY module
    -Wico Raster Generator
    -HudsonArcade LED Displays for F-14 (Late), Cyclone, Fire!, Big Guns, Space Station, Swords of Fury & Data East Playboy 35th Anniversary, Secret Service, Time Machine, Torpedo Alley
    -Playboy insert decal
    -White Water ramp decals
    -Working Ms Pac bootleg
    -Hyperball driverboard
    -Box of displays some dead some untested
    -Box of Game Plan boards and displays and coils
    -Various Williams MPUs
    -Various aprons
    -Boxes of stuff
    -EM transformers
    -Bunch of trackballs
    -Bunch of video game marquees
    -Bunch of coin doors

#884 6 years ago

Is GB gone from GU? (Sorry, a little off topic)

Hope to get to pintastic fri night after work. I'm glad it stays open late!

#885 6 years ago

If anyone wants some of my mods brought to the show pm me soon.

Looking for an AFMR, Star Wars, Dialed in to put my undercab kits on. See you Friday!

Thanks
    Chris

#886 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Is GB gone from GU? (Sorry, a little off topic)
    Hope to get to pintastic fri night after work. I'm glad it stays open late!

Yes it will be in free play and Aerosmith pro will be replacing it at GU

#887 6 years ago

I have a few things that I can bring pre sold.

Gottlieb Monte Carlo- overall nice cabinet, Playfield, and Backglass. Also has the topper. The machine is not working, but the roulette wheel spins when you turn the game on. $600 B/O

1954 Chicago Coin Super Homerun pitch and bat. Very nice original machine. It does work, but needs to be shopped out. Some bulbs are out. It will also need Playfield glass. $2400 B/O

Gottlieb Hi Diver Woodrail. Very nice all original machine. Recently shopped out. Playfield is a 9. Cabinet at least an 8. Backglass 8. $1200 B/O

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#888 6 years ago

Setup continues throughout the night. Free Play opens tomorrow night @ 6PM!

IMG_4438 (resized).JPGIMG_4438 (resized).JPG

#889 6 years ago

I just helped my buddy load up a walking dead premium with all the goodies. It is amazing!
    Bring money!

#890 6 years ago

Super excited for this. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will own my first machine.

#891 6 years ago
    Quoted from weasley:

Super excited for this. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will own my first machine.

Awesome. I was looking for something to do while I'm there. I'll just follow you around and buy up any machine you're interested in.

Shirts look awesome, Gabe! And is anybody else super stoked about playing Star Wars this weekend? It's like a cherry on top of the big ol' Pintastic sundae o' fun!!!

#892 6 years ago
    Quoted from weasley:

Good luck, make a good choice for your first one!

#893 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Awesome. I was looking for something to do while I'm there. I'll just follow you around and buy up any machine you're interested in.
    Shirts look awesome, Gabe! And is anybody else super stoked about playing Star Wars this weekend? It's like a cherry on top of the big ol' Pintastic sundae o' fun!!!

Can't wait to see you boob.

#894 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Can't wait to see you boob.

...is what I say to my wife every night.

#895 6 years ago

Where is everyone?

IMG_0223 (resized).JPGIMG_0223 (resized).JPG

#896 6 years ago

I'm official!

IMG_0226 (resized).JPGIMG_0226 (resized).JPG

#897 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ha, feel free! I've done tons of research, but I'm sure I will want everything in sight.

#898 6 years ago

IMG_4440 (resized).JPGIMG_4440 (resized).JPG

#899 6 years ago

Ardvark Pinball spent the evening getting the test fixtures, NVRAM, boxes of boards (Williams driver boards, Bally Solenoid Driver, Bally light boards...) ready.

Lexy Lightspeed (P3) from Multimorphic is all wrapped and loaded and will be in our booth, and I'm going to say, you should put some time on it. The game is a freaking blast. Ask Allan or me to explain some of the rules on it, but after a bit of play the game sort of explains itself. They have done some very cool work.

And now for the PSA. Why do you still have batteries in your game? If you do, get them replaced at the show with NVRAM. I'm constantly surprised people still have leaky batteries sitting on these boards. Bring the boards to the show and have Ardvark install NVRAM. Those boards are very expensive to replace.

IMG_2982 (resized).JPGIMG_2982 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2980 (resized).JPGIMG_2980 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2975 (resized).JPGIMG_2975 (resized).JPG

#900 6 years ago

AND IT'S SPELLED RIGHT!!!

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread/page/18?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.