(Topic ID: 177210)

2017 PINTASTIC New England show- CHECK YOUTUBE FOR LOTS OF COOL VIDEOS!

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,498 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0883 (resized).JPG
    f57c29c22a5f4f74963812e06c318313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3142 (resized).PNG
    download (resized).jpg
    ashdialedin (resized).jpg
    IMG_1981 (resized).JPG
    20170712_140845.jpg
    157 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0269 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1465 Videos of Pintastic Seminars Posted by hool10 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 30.
    #1 7 years ago

Well the start of 2017 is TM and the push for PINTASTIC will begin. Here is the current draft of our 2017 promo card. If you are a vendor and would like to help destribute cards with in your ordered I would love to send you out a package.

If you are in the New England area and did not receive a package last year send me a PM and I will get one to you this year to destribute in your local area. If you got a package last year you are already on the list.

If you would like to get on the card and spo for PINTASTIC please shoot me a PM. Thank you everyone for all the hp and support in making PINTASTIC a great event!

Happy New Year
    Gabriel D'Annunzio

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I guess it's time for me to put my Pintastic hat back on!

#3 7 years ago

As always, I'm there...I'm Pintastic's biggest fan (and official Pintastic Pain in the Ass!).

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

As always, I'm there...I'm Pintastic's biggest fan (and official Pintastic Pain in the Ass!).

Yes boob you still own that title.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Let's see if I can spell your name right this year.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from mudflap:

Let's see if I can spell your name right this year.

It's D-O-U-C-H-E-B-A-G. French name...tough to spell but easy to pronounce.

#7 7 years ago

I plan to bring BOP2.0 again this year.....

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Well the start of 2017 is TM and the push for PINTASTIC will begin. Here is the current draft of our 2017 promo card. If you are a vendor and would like to help destribute cards with in your ordered I would love to send you out a package.
    If you are in the New England area and did not receive a package last year send me a PM and I will get one to you this year to destribute in your local area. If you got a package last year you are already on the list.
    If you would like to get on the card and spo for PINTASTIC please shoot me a PM. Thank you everyone for all the hp and support in making PINTASTIC a great event!
    Happy New Year
    Gabriel D'Annunzio

Sounds great can't wait. Maybe I'll bring a Pinball Magic and try and sell it to you!!!

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Whoops, spoke too soon, never mind. (this guy scares the beejezus out of me)

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Sounds great can't wait. Maybe I'll bring a Pinball Magic and try and sell it to you!!!

Whoops, spoke too soon, never mind. (this guy scares the beejezus out of me)

PInball Magic is the game that has gotten away from me for a few years. Would love to add it to the collection.

#10 7 years ago

Woohoo!!! Already have the dates blocked off on my work calendar, can't wait!!!

#11 7 years ago

Yes, my favorite pinball show...can't wait!

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Yes, my favorite pinball show...can't wait!

Thank you for that!

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Will there be a fully restored Jacks Open there?

Looking foward to another great show Gabe.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Will there be a fully restored Jacks Open there?.

No. But you're always welcome at my house when you're in jersey...just as Gabe is. (And he's taken me up on it!)

#15 7 years ago

Looking forward to the show for the third year in a row! Any chance of bringing back pin-golf this year alongside the main tournament?

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Radagast:

Looking forward to the show for the third year in a row! Any chance of bringing back pin-golf this year alongside the main tournament?

That is totally up to the Sanctum crew. They have complete control of the tournament. I can tell you that the tournament will be back in the vendor hall this year.

#17 7 years ago

Excellent!
    Looking forward to another overdose of pinball and seeing the changes from years 1 & 2.
    Planning on staying overnight again, as last years experience was totally worth it

Are there any room specials?

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Excellent!
    Looking forward to another overdose of pinball and seeing the changes from years 1 & 2.
    Planning on staying overnight again, as last years experience was totally worth it
    Are there any room specials?

Yes rooms are booking $109 a night. Ask for the Pintastic pinball room block. You need to reserve your room in our block or you won't be able to get into the after party. Thanks

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Yes rooms are booking $109 a night. Ask for the Pintastic pinball room block. You need to reserve your room in our block or you won't be able to get into the after party. Thanks

DONE!
    Thank you.
    Can't wait

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

.....and I'll be playing it

#21 7 years ago

Hotel room booked for Thurs/Fri. Any reason to book Weds night as well? (I live close enough that getting there isn't an issue, lol, but social stuff is worth the trip!)

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Hotel room booked for Thurs/Fri. Any reason to book Weds night as well? (I live close enough that getting there isn't an issue, lol, but social stuff is worth the trip!)

If your going to book another night I would book Saturday night as well. Game room is open till 2am Saturday. We still had 130 games in free play at 10pm Saturday nighy and the beer was flowing.

#23 7 years ago

Gabe, Do you have a beer vendor yet? If not, or if there is room for another beer sponsor or beer tent I'd be interested in getting involved. A couple of my Lanes and Games pins have landed at the Jack's Abbey brewery in Framingham, MA. Check it out here:
    https://jacksabby.com/
    The owners have caught the pinball bug and I would be glad to see if they are interested in setting up at Pintastic. I have not approached them yet with this idea but it seems like a great fit. If Jack's Abbey is interested in doing this I would certainly bring some of my pins along if they have a dedicated space. Feel free to PM me if you think this might work. In the mean time local pinheads should give Jack's Abbey a try. Their beer is truly world class and the food is excellent. They are in the process of opening a separate taproom with games at the opposite end of their building. It is called the Springdale barrel room where they will custom ferment beers in oak barrels for longer periods of time to create truly unique and special flavors. This room will not have a restaurant but it will have pinball! There is currently a Ghostbusters and a Spiderman there. If you guys ask Jack's for more pinball they have plenty of space. I'd certainly like to see my Addams Family make it's way there are at least get to visit Pintastic alongside Jack's Abbey.

Thanks,

Mike

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Any reason to book Weds night as well?

If you want to be a volunteer to help with Thursday setup, that would be a good reason.

Then there are the approximately 2847 antique shops in a 25-mile radius. The local tourism office will give you lots more reasons.
    .................David Marston

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Gabe, Do you have a beer vendor yet? If not, or if there is room for another beer sponsor or beer tent I'd be interested in getting involved. A couple of my Lanes and Games pins have landed at the Jack's Abbey brewery in Framingham, MA. Check it out here:
    https://jacksabby.com/

Mass Rising is damn tasty!
    Hoponius Union and Smoke & Dagger are also pretty good beers.
    Would love to see these at Pintastic

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

She's a beaut. Thanks for moving it into the Freeplay Area after the Vendor Hall closed down last year too.

#27 7 years ago

Already put in for vacation for that week just to go to the show!

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Mass Rising is damn tasty!
    Hoponius Union and Smoke & Dagger are also pretty good beers.
    Would love to see these at Pintastic

Actually tree house brewery is building a huge state of the art facility 2 miles away from the show location. It will be opening next month. I'm sure this will be a afternoon trip for many people that come to Pintastic this year.
    http://treehousebrew.com/blog/2016/2/28/a-reflection-and-plans-for-the-future

#29 7 years ago

Holy crap!
    That's really cool!

#30 7 years ago

Cool quick interview of yours truly at Pintastic 2016 on our facebook page. Check it out PintasticNewEngland on facebook

#31 7 years ago

So excited. Last year was my first and loved it. Been saving all year ready to get my 4th pin. Bring on a 90's DMD!

Having jacks abbey there would be awesome! Didn't know pins are at the brewery, might need to stop by this weekend.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Actually tree house brewery is building a huge state of the art facility 2 miles away from the show location. It will be opening next month. I'm sure this will be a afternoon trip for many people that come to Pintastic this year.
    http://treehousebrew.com/blog/2016/2/28/a-reflection-and-plans-for-the-future

Wow..I have not been staying on top of Treehouse timelines.... Awesome...So many great craft breweries now, good times! One thing to correct from last year, there was zero, I mean zero, advertising at the show for the craft beer that was being offered....Not one sign to be seen, someone dropped the ball on that one on their part or the shows....

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Wow..I have not been staying on top of Treehouse timelines.... Awesome...So many great craft breweries now, good times! One thing to correct from last year, there was zero, I mean zero, advertising at the show for the craft beer that was being offered....Not one sign to be seen, someone dropped the ball on that one on their part or the shows....

I agree. I was told by both the hotel and rapscallion brewery that they would post sinage. Neither did it was a bummer because it was a great deal I had worked out. Five and six dollar craft brew drafts is un herd off at a show. I could have made a ton more profit but I wanted to do something special for everyone who comes and makes Pintastic what it is. This year will be even better with similar pricing and BEER GIRLS! I'm not kidding.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

This year will be even better with similar pricing and BEER GIRLS! I'm not kidding.

You're doing the Lord's work, sir.

#35 7 years ago

Beer Girls cool.
    What about the Flea Market Tumbleweeds? Any hope or is it a list cause ?

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Beer Girls cool.
    What about the Flea Market Tumbleweeds? Any hope or is it a list cause ?

I dont think its a lost cause. I like to think its a work in progress.

One thing I am going to do is give outdoor flee market vendors no reason not to come. I am lowering the cost of a out door flee market spot from $120 to $85. You get one weekend pass with your out door spot. So its basically a free spot. I hope this works!

1 week later
    #37 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

One thing I am going to do is give outdoor flee market vendors no reason not to come.

Great..... last year I spent almost all of my money outside (long live old playfields for sale!)

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I dont think its a lost cause. I like to think its a work in progress.
    One thing I am going to do is give outdoor flee market vendors no reason not to come. I am lowering the cost of a out door flee market spot from $120 to $85. You get one weekend pass with your out door spot. So its basically a free spot. I hope this works!

I will get a flea spot

#39 7 years ago

Thinkin about bringing a few,games .. since I'm 15 minutes away.. I can definitely put some cards in my shop.. and spread the word ..

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from Milltown:

Thinkin about bringing a few,games .. since I'm 15 minutes away.. I can definitely put some cards in my shop.. and spread the word ..

Thats awesome man thank you! I PM you for more info.

#41 7 years ago

I am still trying to figure out a cost effective way to bring a load of project machines up to the flea market from central PA. My issue is I sold my bigger trailer so now between my van & little trailer I could only bring about a dozen machines and that just isn't enough to justify the cost of the trip. But if I rent a truck my overhead goes up by over $500 and that is tough to make up.

I am going to keep trying - I am not 100% sure yet I can make Allentown so I need to go somewhere with some machines!

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am still trying to figure out a cost effective way to bring a load of project machines up to the flea market from central PA. My issue is I sold my bigger trailer so now between my van & little trailer I could only bring about a dozen machines and that just isn't enough to justify the cost of the trip. But if I rent a truck my overhead goes up by over $500 and that is tough to make up.
    I am going to keep trying - I am not 100% sure yet I can make Allentown so I need to go somewhere with some machines!

How about renting a bigger trailer. That should be far cheaper than renting a truck.

#43 7 years ago

How about renting a bigger trailer. That should be far cheaper than renting a truck.

Great idea Mike! Trailer rentals are usually unlimited millage also.

#44 7 years ago

here is an option - you can bring your trailer with games in it to my house - leave it - take my 20 foot enclosed trailer and fill it up - I can then take your trailer to pintastic - you can take my trailer - and then I can take mine back at the end as we will assume you will sell enough to take them back in yours.

I have no problem with you borrowing my trailer as it has been borrowed by many pinball collectors in the past - it has been to Allentown 3 times without me.

sorry I am about 25 minutes south of pintastic

thanks ed

#45 7 years ago

The issue with a bigger trailer is my main tow vehicle is a 2001 Chevy 1/2 ton van with a ton of miles on it. So getting into towing more than 7000 or 8000 pounds is really asking for trouble. I am concerned enough about trying to bring some smaller loads home from the warehouse find let alone adding another 1000 mile trip to the mix.

I sold off all my big trailers & class 8 Renegade Motorhome a couple years ago trying to down size to fit my age. At 62 years old I figured I didn't need 28 and 32' trailers anymore because loading them would likely kill me anyway. So now it is the light duty van with a U-haul trailer or a 6x12 trailer unless I grab something a little bigger but not crazy big.

I am still trying to get all of this figured out as well as selling off about 1/2 our collection and most of our project stash trying to make room for some of the machines that will be coming in a couple weeks. It has been a crazy couple months!

#46 7 years ago

I also am looking forward to the July event. It will be my second, and can say that I have the "pinball bug". I have 2 recommendations for the show.
    1) Have a live demonstration on play field restoration. Demonstrate the sanding, repainting, refinishing techniques. Maybe some beat up play fields could be donated for such an event. Might also be a good plug for someone that does it as a business.

2) Beer girls! A couple blonde german girls in Octoberfest garb with big... mugs. Would we need bouncers for this?

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I also am looking forward to the July event. It will be my second, and can say that I have the "pinball bug". I have 2 recommendations for the show.
    1) Have a live demonstration on play field restoration. Demonstrate the sanding, repainting, refinishing techniques. Maybe some beat up play fields could be donated for such an event. Might also be a good plug for someone that does it as a business.
    2) Beer girls! A couple blonde german girls in Octoberfest garb with big... mugs. Would we need bouncers for this?

Well I do have beer girls lined up this year!

As for #1 I do think this is a great idea and I tried to line it up last year. Let me bring it up in Wednesday team conference call and we will discuss it.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

The issue with a bigger trailer is my main tow vehicle is a 2001 Chevy 1/2 ton van with a ton of miles on it. So getting into towing more than 7000 or 8000 pounds is really asking for trouble. I am concerned enough about trying to bring some smaller loads home from the warehouse find let alone adding another 1000 mile trip to the mix.
    I sold off all my big trailers & class 8 Renegade Motorhome a couple years ago trying to down size to fit my age. At 62 years old I figured I didn't need 28 and 32' trailers anymore because loading them would likely kill me anyway. So now it is the light duty van with a U-haul trailer or a 6x12 trailer unless I grab something a little bigger but not crazy big.
    I am still trying to get all of this figured out as well as selling off about 1/2 our collection and most of our project stash trying to make room for some of the machines that will be coming in a couple weeks. It has been a crazy couple months!

you can just use my ford excursion with the trailer - leave me your van and trailer and take my excursion and trailer - then we swap back at pintastic

thanks ed

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

you can just use my ford excursion with the trailer - leave me your van and trailer and take my excursion and trailer - then we swap back at pintastic
    thanks ed

Thanks Ed but I have learned over the years not to borrow what you don't own. If you own it and break it no big deal but if someone else owns it and you break it it can become a mess really quickly. That is what I like about the rental truck idea - pay a few dollars extra for the insurance and no worries. So that might be my best choice. What I don't like about rental trucks is loading up a ramp & if I get one with a lift gate I can't tow my camper and would have to stay in a motel.

At least I have a few months to get it all sorted out!

#50 7 years ago

I had a 24' car trailer few years back, now have a 14' cargo trailer. If I were closer I would help haul some for you. Anyone local that has a car trailer that would haul for a price for you? I would use a trailer with an E-Track system in place to ratchet everything down.

There are 1,498 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-show-2017-thread/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.