8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0111_1.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Just wanted to share my experience with all of you. Pintastic New England is the first pinball show I have ever been able to attend. I just want to say I had an amazing time. I watched and played so many cool games. For those of you worried about the free play area it was absolutely packed with machines. I got to watch Roger Sharpe play a game on Big Bang Bar. I met Jersey Jack. I ran into some fellow Pinsiders whom I already knew. Everybody was friendly, cool, and ready to step aside when their turn was over. I patronized some of the vendors like Pingraphix, Pinnovators, etc. I got to play a bunch of games I never thought I would get to see in person: WOZ, MMR, TWD, BBB, STNG, SS, TOTAN, AF, AFM, Hobbit, ToM (I have this one but played it anyway), Lexi Lightspeed, Full Throttle, Whoa Nellie. My favorite games were MMR, WOZ, Hobbit, Full Throttle, Lexi Lightspeed. I managed to crack the top 5 on MMR and I was the only one in the top 5 that was not a default high score (i had to leave at 3:30 on Friday unfortunately).

Anyways, I had a really great time and I really hope this happens again next year. I hope you guys made money and then some.(I bought a t-shirt). If nothing else the satisfaction of pulling off a great event. If I would have known just how cool these show are I would have told my wife to call out sick and I would have gotten the hotel room, and brought games for free play. I wasn't able to participate more because life just got in the way this weekend. Thanks again for a great show.

IMG_0125.JPGIMG_0125.JPGIMG_0111 (1).JPGIMG_0111 (1).JPGIMG_0112.JPGIMG_0112.JPGIMG_0110.JPGIMG_0110.JPG

#2 8 years ago

Great show. Worth the trip.

#3 8 years ago

My first show too. I hope it will be back.

#4 8 years ago

I was able to go for a few hours. Really great show. Lot's of games, no one hogging games. Lot's of fun for the kids. The only negative was that I could stay longer!

#5 8 years ago

My first show and one of the most well-organized.

#6 8 years ago

I need to hear more impressions about Full Throttle and Lexy Lightspeed, please!

#7 8 years ago

Full Throttle was fast and flow like crazy. The most flow in any game I've played. Loved the LCD display in the playfield. I felt like every shot made it into a loop or ramp. Like ToM it was just speed and ramps everywhere. I loved it. Lexi 3/4 of the playfield is a flat panel monitor covered in lexan. Machine maintenance is almost tool free. I talked to the guy and he said if a flipper assembly breaks you just slide out the assembly and swap it out. Full machine around $9000 but the upper 1/4 playfield, vinyls, translite, about $1500 (kit). Like a transformer you make a new game. The computer automatically reads the new playfield and loads appropriate software for the game. It was FUN to play. The playfield artwork is all on a monitor. If the lexan gets too scratched you just slide it out and put in a new lexan, playfield swap complete. The game looks brand new again. I really like it a lot.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from neurokinetik:

I need to hear more impressions about Full Throttle and Lexy Lightspeed, please!

Full throttle is awesome and from talking to everyone it looks like its going to be a big hit and for good reason.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Just wanted to share my experience with all of you. Pintastic New England is the first pinball show I have ever been able to attend. I just want to say I had an amazing time. I watched and played so many cool games. For those of you worried about the free play area it was absolutely packed with machines. I got to watch Roger Sharpe play a game on Big Bang Bar. I met Jersey Jack. I ran into some fellow Pinsiders whom I already knew. Everybody was friendly, cool, and ready to step aside when their turn was over. I patronized some of the vendors like Pingraphix, Pinnovators, etc. I got to play a bunch of games I never thought I would get to see in person: WOZ, MMR, TWD, BBB, STNG, SS, TOTAN, AF, AFM, Hobbit, ToM (I have this one but played it anyway), Lexi Lightspeed, Full Throttle, Whoa Nellie. My favorite games were MMR, WOZ, Hobbit, Full Throttle, Lexi Lightspeed. I managed to crack the top 5 on MMR and I was the only one in the top 5 that was not a default high score (i had to leave at 3:30 on Friday unfortunately).
    Anyways, I had a really great time and I really hope this happens again next year. I hope you guys made money and then some.(I bought a t-shirt). If nothing else the satisfaction of pulling off a great event. If I would have known just how cool these show are I would have told my wife to call out sick and I would have gotten the hotel room, and brought games for free play. I wasn't able to participate more because life just got in the way this weekend. Thanks again for a great show.
    IMG_0125.JPG IMG_0111 (1).JPG IMG_0112.JPG IMG_0110.JPG

I couldn't agree more, the show was a huge success and was awesome in every way! Thanks to Derek, Gabe, and everyone who made this event take place. Really hope it happens again next year. I'm there with bells on!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-new-england-my-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.