Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pinterest
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PlayfieldInTent.jpg
    SS2Playfield.jpg
    SS3.jpg
    picard_clapping.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 8 years ago

We wanted to do the best in show but things got crazy Saturday night. Between the operation of the show, the free play raffle, the after party and charity raffle, than we had to do the project pinball drawing live. We ran out of time guys I'm sorry.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

You sure about that? I and another restoration guy I know decided not too this time around because of the confusion/stipulation around taking a barn beater and making it into a cream puff. I have too many restorations going on and others waiting in queue to start with that much of a wreck. It's not economically feasible in my book. My restoration time is better spent on starting with a good candidate and bringing it forward making it into a showpiece.
    I hope that Gabe and Derek will make the best in show by eras a reality next year. I think this is one of the reasons why they got a lot of great quality shopped out games in the freeplay area their first time out as they put it out there that there that there would be judging (so bring forth your best games to the show). The best in show ribbons (and prize money) is one of the reason why the Texas Pinball Festival has so many games in stellar condition from the many eras represented at that show.
    I do think that Gabe and Derek hit it out of the park with their vision for a FUN family pinball event. Kudos to them.
    Without them doing the heavy lifting co-ordinating everything for a full year beforehand, this show wouldn't be in the history books as a success. And of course the great volunteers that helped out as well made this a successful TEAM effort as Derek and Gabe have said.
    And kudos to them for allowing me to be the unofficial freeplay director. Hard to get each era of game it's own row with owners wanting to keep their games they brought together, but at least I got most of the chime games along the back and side wall.
    The freeplay area looked and sounded glorious! =)
    Dave (Doc)

Dave me and Derek want to put you in control of the Best in show contest for 2016. You and a few judges of your choice could vote on all the machines and make it a reality. We would back you 100% and you could also enter your own games but not vote for yourself lol. We want it to happen in 2016 but we have so much other stuff to do its impossible to give it the attention it deserves. So what do you think Dave?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-best-in-show-results?tu=dannunz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.