(Topic ID: 242323)

Pintastic 2019 everything is here thread..

By eabundy

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 899 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Murphdom
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snapchat-1455848568 (2) (resized).jpg
    IMG_1827 (resized).JPG
    Fireball pintastic 2019 plays (resized).jpg
    20190628_144320_resized (resized).jpg
    move-along-nothing-to-see-here-gif-8.gif
    aaaaaalll-righty-then-alrighty-meme (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    b47pu (resized).jpg
    Lariat Meters - Front (resized).png
    LariatWWW2019crop (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-07-01-20-57-31 (resized).png
    Ryan with playboy 70's ss 2019 (resized).jpg
    Black Knight and BK2K winners sharing the Best in Play winner glory (resized).jpg
    2000's roller coaster tycoon 2019 (resized).jpg
    badgirls (resized).jpg
    20190630114957633 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 4 years ago

Can't bring my "Mad World". Sold it at Pinfest. Might have a really nice low-played "Target Alpha" if not sold before then.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

That was a fun game, never played one before

Yeah. I kinda miss it already.

2 weeks later
    #183 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

It's 30min from the current location.

Uh, uh.

Screenshot_2019-05-24-21-44-17 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-05-24-21-44-17 (resized).png
    #185 4 years ago

I fully understand your reasons for moving the show, but you're going to lose a lot of people from the hotbed areas, like NJ, PA and LI, NY. You're not going to make it up from northern NE, and the greater Boston crowd is already attending anyway.

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I never said I drove the speed limit lol

I don't either!

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I hope we have gained a reputation that warrants an extra 45 min drive. But that discussion is for next year not now. Now we look forward to Sturbridge for one more year.

I too am looking forward to the final Sturbridge show and next year I intend to give the new venue a chance. But I'm just saying that several people I've spoken to from PA, NJ, LI told me that the move will put it out of range for them next year.

1 week later
    #279 4 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Wanted, at Pintastic:

Bally Gator
    Bally Rocket III
    Must work and play correct - does not have to be glamorous.
    If it smells like a swamp when you open the coin door, I respectfully pass:
    PM me if you got one and are willing to sell and take to the show.
    Tks

I have a "Gator", but it smells like a swamp!

1 week later
    #306 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I have a bunch of Gottlieb EM parts if anyone needs anything, can bring to the show. If anyone has a flea market spot you are welcome to sell the stuff; keep any split you want with the rest going to a donation to Project Pinball.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is it all from the same parted out game? Looks like the small target bank from "El Dorado", or "Gold Strike".

1 week later
    #459 4 years ago
    Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Warning to anyone staying at La Quinta in Sturbridge..they just cancelled our reservations that were made over a month ago due too “no hot water in the entire hotel”! What national chain of hotels can’t get a hot water heater fixed in a weeks time!? I call BS!

Tell 'em no worries. You'll take the room at half price and take cold showers!

#480 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Just jump in the pool here every now and then!

Yeah, with a bar of soap!

#621 4 years ago

Just arrived home from the show.
    Thanks to Gabe and his entire crew for all their hard work, planning and execution.
    Had a great deal of fun, and sold the one game I brought. Not only was the pinball action great, but the entire experience was very satisfying. I'm really going to miss the Sturbridge site, but I'm looking forward to an even better show next year. On to Boxborough!

#654 4 years ago
    Quoted from bstnguy:

Awesome.
    Flea Market
    OMG
    (George, Mark and Ed )
    Hats off to Gabe and crew for another excellent show!!!
    Thanks!!!

Bought some stuff from you. Great hanging out with you and Roger.
    Safe travels!

#655 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Man, I thought I had a shot for best Antique this year with Big Town (of course I thought the same last year with Bumper)

That "Big Town" was super gorgeous. I think I was the only one all show who completed the rollover sequence. Wanted to hear some bells and whistles, but nothing happened. Thanks for bringing it.

Quoted from gdonovan:

The Playboy was an OUTSTANDING player, enjoyed the gameplay very much.

Yeah, that was an outstanding example. Loved the pink displays!

#658 4 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Caught some nice bass this weekend. Going to miss the lake next year!

Gonna miss the lake as well. Took a little stroll by the shore early Friday morning. It's a nice touch.

#662 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Yeah, there was no chimes or anything in the machine. Maybe the new owner can figure out that disconnected credit reel and get it working (although according to the note taped to it that would disable the freeplay) but a 76 year old machine with no schematics or info makes it tough.
    You probably were the only one who completed all the rollovers, I got close but always came up one short! Great to see you again, maybe you can bring the Joker next year, would love to see it again and it would have a shot at winning!

Nah. If anywhere, I'd bring the "Joker" to York for "woodrail row".
    No more 'push to serve ball' games for me at Pintastic. '67 and up only.

#664 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:Some of the games I played seemed to be set to a very low volume (probably for a home environment, rather than the noisy environment of a show).

It's already too loud in there. It's pointless to turn up the volume on the games because they all clash anyway. The one which constantly screams (TFTC?) is really annoying.

#713 4 years ago

I think I was the only one who made his own sign describing the game, and offering it for sale. It worked like a charm. Game was sold early on Friday. Don't rely on others to do what you can do yourself.
    Screenshot_2019-07-01-20-57-31 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-01-20-57-31 (resized).png

#716 4 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Your Mini Pool was sold on Friday because it was probably the best playing EM there, and rare as hell too. Sign, schmign...it's the game that sells the game.
    The bye bye 1000 pop bumper once you complete the balls then drain is an excellent touch you only get with the AAB version.

Thanks. I appreciate your comments. Just about everyone who played it when I was nearby said what a great player it was. Kind of sorry to see it go, but I hope the new owner has as much fun with it as I had. I agree with what you've said, but the sign I made made it clear that the game was offered for sale.

#755 4 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I can't put the blame on the show operators for the non operating games. Folks have to bring a machine in 100% working order. I found several that had mis-adjusted flippers, others that were not leveled properly, some that wouldn't start.

Yeah, well. Some people just have a pinball machine which "works", and to them it's fine. They want to share it by bringing it to the shows, and their idea of "working" doesn't necessarily measure up to others' expectations. Hopefully, they'll see how a well shopped game plays, and will make their game better for the next show (a bit of wishful thinking there).
    Also, some games seem to be more susceptible to even a slight voltage drop than are others. I once brought an "Old Chicago" to the York show. It played fine at home, but had substantially weakened flipper power at the show. Brought it back home, and it was back to normal.

#756 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toyguy:

A thought for the new location next year might be some sort of "project game" room, where both non-working games and games that go down hard but are still for sale could be placed to free up space on the free-play floor. Space wasn't really an issue, or didn't seem so anyway, but machines sitting there dark all weekend do give the public a bad impression. The one that stuck out the most to me was that Blackwater 100 in the rear corner. I was there all 4 days and don't believe I ever saw it even turned on.

Good idea, but that would amount to having a flea market space to sell a non-working machine. I think in that case, the machine's owner would not only lose their free admission, but should have to pay a small fee to the show, maybe something like ten dollars per game per day.

#764 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Games don't play that badly at a show just due to voltage. If they'd been rebuilt and high tapped (as they should be before bringing them to a show) they wouldn't have these issues.

My "Old Chicago" sure did.
    Didn’t need to high tap my "Mini Pool", but I have at times high tapped games for shows. I've measured considerable voltage drops at shows from set up day, to everything (including AC) running full bore.

#765 4 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

last year i remeber cow poke broke right away and i think it was alex from ct who fixed it right away.

Uh, no.

#783 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Could have been fixed in 20 seconds with a piece of tape.

The owner of that game has an engineering degree and was working on it for some time before deciding to take it down. He did correct the line cord being installed incorrectly (hot to the transformer instead of the line fuse), but that didn't solve the issue. I took a peek at it as well, but all the usual suspects checked out ok. He's brought the same machine to several shows, but never had this issue until now.

#788 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I figured it was just a standard missing fish paper at the start button, no?

He'll probably have the game at an upcoming show. I'll ask him what he found.

#793 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

The issue was brought to my attention while I was on door duty and we went over and tried it a number of times but could not replicate the shock. Very odd.

You probably have higher resistance through your skin than a younger person or a woman might have. I don't think you can get a shock anyway unless your other hand is resting on something conductive and with lower potential.

#799 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

you old fart
    Just kidding.
    Getting a shock is somehow related to your salt content. And you also need to be grounded.
    I once picked up a live electrical box that was submerged in a puddle on a roof. The box was full of water with 3 live conductors in it. They did not short to one another and did not poke me.
    Just not my time....

The worst shock I ever got was from the "low voltage" push button connection terminals on a garage door opener. I would use the remote to open it from the car, but would often just whip out my keys and short the two screw terminals to activate it if I was inside and the car was outside (I hadn't yet installed the pushbuttons).
    No problem when dry and fully clothed with shoes on. Did it once with bare, wet feet after just washing the car....just once!
    It felt like I was being crushed for just an instant, then it knocked me flat on my ass! Lesson learned!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2019-buy-sell-party?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.