(Topic ID: 242323)

Pintastic 2019 everything is here thread..

By eabundy

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 899 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Murphdom
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snapchat-1455848568 (2) (resized).jpg
    IMG_1827 (resized).JPG
    Fireball pintastic 2019 plays (resized).jpg
    20190628_144320_resized (resized).jpg
    move-along-nothing-to-see-here-gif-8.gif
    aaaaaalll-righty-then-alrighty-meme (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    b47pu (resized).jpg
    Lariat Meters - Front (resized).png
    LariatWWW2019crop (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-07-01-20-57-31 (resized).png
    Ryan with playboy 70's ss 2019 (resized).jpg
    Black Knight and BK2K winners sharing the Best in Play winner glory (resized).jpg
    2000's roller coaster tycoon 2019 (resized).jpg
    badgirls (resized).jpg
    20190630114957633 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago

I'm going to try and get Gran Tour there, will be close. I was planning on doing stencils with paper but a buddy convinced me we should do them with mdf or even sheet metal with a cnc table cutter.

Looking into it now.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Also thinking of bringing a few Ted Zale games....Cosmint, Joust and if I can get it done...Dixieland.

Pity I can't bring Bazaar, not even close to prime time.

2 weeks later
    #197 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

But I must admit, I am laughing pretty hard about people that live in Massachusetts, bitching about a show located in Massachusetts, that’s relocating to another venue in Massachusetts.

I'm baffled myself; I just hauled ass to NH and back last weekend to grab a pin.

Show moving a half hour further way? I'm surprised people are making a deal of it.

#205 4 years ago

I'm trying to get a game together for the free play area, see if I can keep hustling and get it done in time.

Gary

1 week later
    #280 4 years ago
    Quoted from sagejr:

I totally got the reference. Since I'm from CT, I'll bring Gary. I heard he has 9 games in his man cave next to his vinyl collection.

CD's brother, CD's

1 week later
    #308 4 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

gdonovan was looking for an AS match relay assembly.

Thank you but I should be all set between the few parts I could obtain from PBR and my welder

1 week later
    #364 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brypten:

It is still a week or so before the show so I might get one or two more but here is an updated list of machines that I am bringing.
    Definite:
    Barbwire
    Operation Thunder
    Hollywood Heat
    Jokerz
    Big Guns
    Six Million Dollar man

I see one or two in that definite list that look of interest.

1 week later
    #556 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone who brought pins to Pintastic! Really enjoyed playing several titles, though a 2 or 3 were raked far from factory settings which made them a touch disappointing to play. Surprise pins were the Bally Playboy which was in awesome condition and played stoutly. While not a fan of the theme, the gameplay was top notch and condition of the pin first rate. Ghostbusters, which I have never played before was also entertaining and enjoyed Deadpool too. The Mrs REALLY enjoyed Rollercoaster, might be one in our future and Sing Along which played very well.

20190628_110552_resized (resized).jpg20190628_110552_resized (resized).jpg20190628_111250_resized (resized).jpg20190628_111250_resized (resized).jpg20190628_132244_resized (resized).jpg20190628_132244_resized (resized).jpg20190628_144320_resized (resized).jpg20190628_144320_resized (resized).jpg
    #581 4 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

This was my wife's favorite game. It was in the SNH free play room. Cat Trek. Not sure how they integrated the music with the game. Was it an external mod or actual game software changed? Anyways of all the games at Pintastic, she would have bought this if for sale.[quoted image]

Where was that hiding!? Was there more than one free play room we missed or showed up late Friday?

#588 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

"It was in the SNH free play room."
    The SNHPC Club Room is across from the Seminar Theater. It's running a mix of tournaments and open-access games. Entry is included with any show admission. They are changing signs on the games as they go into and out of tournament use.
    .................David Marston

We totally missed that room! Ha!

Had a great time, thank you for a well run show David!

#589 4 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Make me an offer on nitro ground shaker or Elektra. Both have new boards in them.
    Take home Yukon for 400 for a friend or family member looking for a pin.

Tried your Elektra Brian and the one at Allentown, just could not seem to get a good game going for the life of me. Just one of those titles that appeals to me like Black Hole and I just can't seem to play for the life of me.

Thank you for bringing games to Pintastic Brian! Faith thought the Yukon was fun.

#651 4 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Announcing our 1st TRIPLE CROWN WINNER of Best in Play Pintastic 2019:
    Ryan McQuaid winner of Best 70's ss, Best late 80's, Best 2000's.
    Congratulations on your 3 category win Ryan!!! (You can hear Ryan as well as the other winners talk about what went into bringing their game to
    Blue Ribbon winning level on our podcast here:
    https://www.breaker.audio/the-classic-pinball-podcast
    Ryan's RollerCoaster Tycoon with live action Roller Coaster topper was really something special and a crowd hit![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Playboy was an OUTSTANDING player, enjoyed the gameplay very much.

#663 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Volume on several games was an issue (as it sometimes is at shows). Some of the games I played seemed to be set to a very low volume (probably for a home environment, rather than the noisy environment of a show).

This.

The only machines I could hear at all with any clarity was the Tron in the vendor area (headphones!) and the T2 in the back row of the large freeplay area.

#669 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

* The SNH Pinball room being hidden from view and having no prominent signage leading to it meant those that knew about it got to play more pinball w/o lines.

This was unfortunate as I had cash in hand for 2 pins that were listed on the website for sale. They were not in the main freeplay area so assumed the sellers had dropped out at the last minute. Colson ended up with some of the cash and I have another pin project so it wasn't a total loss but still.

X-Files comes home tomorrow night!

#678 4 years ago

Incorrect post removed, sorry!

#680 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

uhhh, I'm kind of thinking that's a picture of the recently acquired (Boston)Bad Girls back at the VT co-op...

Ah! Thanks for letting me know, I assumed it was taken at the show! I should have noted the wall was different. Thanks!

#704 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I never take any whining seriously from people who only pay entrance fees. The vendors and game bringers make the show .

As someone who is in ultimately customer service, I disagree.

Customers make the show, without them you have no show.

There has to be a fair balance between all three.

1 week later
    #871 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I have my Big Town and Cover Girl set up in the free play area, so far I am very impressed with the quality and quantity of the machines! Plus deals to be had at the flea market![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does anyone have the contact info of the vendor selling the translites in the flea market? I need one now of course.

#881 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Just got my pins set back up, and was able to pull some audit info:
    GB: 836 plays
    Grand Lizard (had NVRAM installed on Saturday which cleared the audits and was down for the count on Sunday): 421 plays
    NGG (also down a couple of times): 573 plays
    I didn’t remember to grab the numbers on Grand Prix before the show so I don’t have that info.

Ghostbusters? Enjoyed playing the hell out of it, first time I played one. Thanks for bringing it!

20190628_144320_resized (resized).jpg20190628_144320_resized (resized).jpg
    #884 4 years ago
    Quoted from chas10e:

Fireball had 723 total plays for the weekend
    I had thought the "3 can play" lamp was out & forgot my piece of tubing I would normally use to replace it with: got a great recommendation to use the shooter tip as a bulb remover & that worked great !!!!
    Turned out the bulb was ok just some schmoe on one of the fingers on the coin-unit
    Game held up great the whole show only a couple times I had to plunge balls 4 & 5 I guess from people thinking all machines are supposed be only 3 ball games.
    Special thanks to thearrrrrcade for allowing me to get-'er goin and bring it to the show[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for bringing it!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2019-buy-sell-party?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.