(Topic ID: 242323)

Pintastic 2019 everything is here thread..

By eabundy

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 899 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Murphdom
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snapchat-1455848568 (2) (resized).jpg
    IMG_1827 (resized).JPG
    Fireball pintastic 2019 plays (resized).jpg
    20190628_144320_resized (resized).jpg
    move-along-nothing-to-see-here-gif-8.gif
    aaaaaalll-righty-then-alrighty-meme (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    b47pu (resized).jpg
    Lariat Meters - Front (resized).png
    LariatWWW2019crop (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-07-01-20-57-31 (resized).png
    Ryan with playboy 70's ss 2019 (resized).jpg
    Black Knight and BK2K winners sharing the Best in Play winner glory (resized).jpg
    2000's roller coaster tycoon 2019 (resized).jpg
    badgirls (resized).jpg
    20190630114957633 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grandnational007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

So we'll add on yet another offer: bring three pinball machines that stay in Free Play until the end of the show, and we'll increase your EBL access from 30 hours to the full 67 hours that the EBL is in operation! That's 24 hour access!

Great, now us godly, platinum-locked and roman-god-bodied LE pass master-race holders will have to share our VIP space with the unwashed masses...

This is great news, and I hope it encourages more people to bring games. I'm currently trying to get some things lined up so that I can finally get a game (or 3!) to the show. It's tough as the show is always bookended by a family vacation and the travel logistics are never close to being in my favor hauling machines and vacation gear; but I'm going to try this year!

Saving my pennies for a number of different games that will hopefully be purchased before, or even at the show.

About 50 days to go, and can't wait!

ETA: Will this thread be merged with the other 2019 Pintastic thread, or vice-a-versa?

#34 4 years ago

I was being sarcastic, haha. Not worried at all about having potentially more people in the EBL...

3 weeks later
    #231 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheArrrrrcade:

Metroid Pinball is getting closer!
    dannunz I tried to register it for freeplay but it says all fields aren't filled in even though they are...[quoted image]

Inline drops?!?

Mini-bagatelle playfield ala Jack*Bot to nudge to your choice of three variables (inlane via wireform/back to playfield/back to shooter lane)?!?

F-yeah! Sign me up!

#278 4 years ago

looking for BSD, FT, TWD, MetPro, Nascar, Sopranos.

2 weeks later
    #347 4 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We will have over a 1,000 pounds of PDI glass at pintastic, mostly regular size, buts a few wide body. Joey got it last week, and I will pick up this week. Yo can verify with Joey if needed.
    Price is $300 cash, yes cash, and a required receipt will be given
    First come, first served, our booth shold be the first booth in the vendor area, many, many lights.
    Thanks
    Dan

Cant wait, I've got my shopping list ready!

1 week later
    #438 4 years ago

Looking for a DE/Sega flipper board, 520-5080-00. Used in WWF, Apollo13, BW, GE007, maybe others.

Thinking about bringing the bad one I have to Allan, in the off chance he has the 2 components it needs, as I can’t wait to have the $4 worth of parts delivered to me from Mouser, haha.

Rottendog ones are in the $85 range, and I’m a cheap bastard when it comes to this type of thing, considering it literally needs $4 worth of parts and 30 seconds to solder them in.

Anybody know the vendors that will be there? I’m looking for Leds, rubbers, star posts, balls, flipper rebuild kits and parts (springs, bushings too), basically mostly generic stuff for freshening up/shopping out games. My stash of spares is running low, and if I can stock up for reasonable prices, I plan on it.

Can’t wait to see everyone Thursday!

#443 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

What parts does it need? Maybe someone else has some on hand

From an old tech thread I was able to surmise these:

Heatsink = Aavid 563002B00000G (or 563002)

S2800B SCR = standard 10 amp SCR. Updated to 12 amp versions such as ON Semiconductor MCR12MG, MCR12DG, or MCR12NG.

It appears that the low power hold (in position sr1) on one flipper board was knocked clear off by someone prior to me acquiring it (probably from the DataEast "flop" of dropping the playfield into the cabinet and crashing into this board). When installed in the game, the upper flipper (shark flipper!)wouldn't hold, and the lower main flipper worked fine; after swapping the boards, the upper flipper held fine, and the lower main flipper machine gunned, which is indicative of the low power hold being screwy (or in this case, missing), as the shark flipper doesn't have it's own set of switches and takes it's signal from the board. Apparently, this is a known issue with the game (in this case BW).

It wasn't my intention to turn this into a tech thread, haha. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

fb (resized).JPGfb (resized).JPG
    #475 4 years ago

Disregard my previous Data East flipper board issues; I was able to locate an appropriate SCR and heatsink locally, and repair the board myself...

That said, I'm looking for LED's (for a BW), preferably frosted domed 1smd warm white. I can get 100 each of #555 and #44/47 from PBL for about a Benjamin shipped to my door. Anybody have anything? Will Cointaker be wheeling and dealing at the show?

I am super pumped for tomorrow!

#679 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

One was hiding in the "hidden" free play room, someone posted a picture.
    Pity as it is a machine on my possible buy list and I had no idea it was there.[quoted image]

uhhh, I'm kind of thinking that's a picture of the recently acquired (Boston)Bad Girls back at the VT co-op...

#686 4 years ago

What a blast this weekend was!

Met a bunch of great people, caught up with old friends, hung out with the boys from TNT, shared a bourbon with Steve Ritchie, shot the breeze with Joe Balcer, played a bunch of pinball with a bunch of great people, and possibly, the highlight of it all, unwittingly got to valinor mutiball on a 45 minute game of LOTR in front of a couple people in the ebl, and me not realizing it was a big deal because I've only played maybe a dozen games of it in my entire life. (For the record, this was admittedly idiot savant/luck, as I am not that great of a player (as evidenced by my blowout in qualifying in the SBR just a few hours prior). I basically just had one of those once-a-year games where I couldn't miss a shot.). The people watching were pretty psyched though!

I think Steve genuinely asking people what they thought of, and if they liked BKSOR, was really cool. I watched him talking to a lady and her husband about what they thought about the game in the vendor hall. After a brief conversation, he shook their hands in appreciation and was on to another group of people. I turned to the couple and said "You don't see that everyday". They in turn asked me who the fellow was that was asking them the questions, and I replied, "The guy that designed it". They were pretty thrilled! Classic Steve. What a great guy. Pretty humble for a guy known as "The King".

The TNT guys were great. Some of the nicest, down-to-earth people I've ever met. And great senses of humor. Had a couple beers and played a couple games with them in the EBL Thursday night, and it felt like I was chatting with old friends at my neighborhood watering hole. Just really nice people.

This show has become a top yearly highlight for me. It keeps getting better and better.

Is it too soon to say I can't wait for next year?

#688 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Yes quite annoying that people bring pins that don’t work. There was a Blackwater 100 I tried playing at the beginning of the show Thursday night and was broken the entire time on the floor. I asked the owner of the pin what was up and he said he was looking for the tech crew to fix it for him. Looking for a free repair I guess since he wasn’t capable. Show organizers should tell them to get their crap off the floor and back into their vehicles!!!

Those people bring a boatload of games every year. They brought that huge multi-monitored Sega racing game in as well, which I'm guessing, weighs almost an actual ton.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grandnational007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2019-buy-sell-party?tu=Grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.