(Topic ID: 242323)

Pintastic 2019 everything is here thread..

By eabundy

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 899 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Murphdom
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snapchat-1455848568 (2) (resized).jpg
    IMG_1827 (resized).JPG
    Fireball pintastic 2019 plays (resized).jpg
    20190628_144320_resized (resized).jpg
    move-along-nothing-to-see-here-gif-8.gif
    aaaaaalll-righty-then-alrighty-meme (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    b47pu (resized).jpg
    Lariat Meters - Front (resized).png
    LariatWWW2019crop (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-07-01-20-57-31 (resized).png
    Ryan with playboy 70's ss 2019 (resized).jpg
    Black Knight and BK2K winners sharing the Best in Play winner glory (resized).jpg
    2000's roller coaster tycoon 2019 (resized).jpg
    badgirls (resized).jpg
    20190630114957633 (resized).jpg

There are 899 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.
    #851 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Honestly, very few complaints.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Just pointing out that you first said you had no complaints

YOU ARE TWISTING MY WORDS - YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO CREATE A FALSE REALITY - YOU ARE WRONG

NO COMPLAINTS does not equal VERY FEW COMPLAINTS

#852 4 years ago

Do not lie about me. Do not lie in my direction. Do not look at me. Do not manipulate my words. Do not antagonize me. Do not think about me.
    I will follow suit in regards to you.

Aggressor? You repeatedly post like an ass so I call you out on it.

Dude, get over yourself. You’ve been on this site for a year. Stop acting like you’re some tremendous asset to the pinball community.

You’re not worth my time. So I’ll save you the trouble and change my settings.

#853 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Dude, get over yourself. You’ve been on this site for a year. Stop acting like you’re some tremendous asset to the pinball community.
    I love people like you that threaten litigation when you have absolutely no idea how it actually works. Good luck proving causation and damages because we argued on a hobby website. I’m sure that has caused you severe pain, detriment, anguish and financial loss.

I never mentioned litigation or a lawsuit. Did I? I don’t think I did.

Please do change your settings.

#854 4 years ago

I never mentioned litigation or a lawsuit. Did I? I don’t think I did.
    Please do change your settings.

I edited my post accordingly after re-reading. Aforementioned.

#855 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I love people like you that threaten litigation when you have absolutely no idea how it actually works. Good luck proving causation and damages because we argued on a hobby website. I’m sure that has caused you severe pain, detriment, anguish and financial loss.

Ah, I see how that could be misinterpreted. My mistake, I meant following suit in leaving you alone. Not lying about one another.

That’s what I meant, that definitely could have been misinterpreted, my apologies.

#856 4 years ago
    b47pu (resized).jpgb47pu (resized).jpg
    #858 4 years ago
    image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #859 4 years ago

That escalated quickly.

aaaaaalll-righty-then-alrighty-meme (resized).jpgaaaaaalll-righty-then-alrighty-meme (resized).jpg
    #860 4 years ago

We try very hard to please every person that walks through the door. We also appreciate all of you that have attended. I’m sorry if some of you didn’t have a super fun time. We do take all of your input seriously and will be discussing concerns/suggestions in our next meeting. (Tomorrow night actually)

We’re done with The Sturbridge venue for various reasons. The new Venue will offer a new unique Pinball experience and give us a chance revise gaming/tournaments/vendor/vip layouts, signage and AV/equipment requirements. The plan is to perform a serious enhancement to our very own software system we use for the event. (Already in the works)

If you did redeem your Game-bringer points I’m the guy who always made sure you were super happy and may of bent the rules in your favor a bit.

In the coming days we’re going to open our online gift shop and and offer the entire pinball community a last chance to purchase our in stock items while supplies last. Many of our items will not be reordered. We’re always evolving and thanks to all of you who purchased our souvenirs, we’ll continue to innovate and create.

I’m 100% the reason the website hasn’t been updated much since the event. Sorry, if you were looking forward for Best in Show results. I spent sometime with my family and decompressed after the event. We all wear many hats.

I’m also working on improving our website functions and allow team leaders to directly edit content to prevent this in the future.

We were born in Sturbridge, MA and experienced some growing pains ever since. As we continue to grow the venue will be adjusted to accommodate you and may just bring in new folks to make friends with!

I just wanted to reassure you that we listen and we hear you.

-Gerard

#864 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We will be looking into the texting service but how often are you looking at your phone during pinball time?

Catching up on this thread after being on vacation. looked quite often to make sure I didn't get contacted that my game had gone down.

#865 4 years ago

And I’m sure they’ll sell out earlier and earlier every year. Pinball people are mad.
    The game selection was better last year.
    No need to jump on me man - nothing but praise overall.
    RANT - and I’m gonna regret this.
    The amount of bureaucracy and double standards here are fahcking stupid.
    Step 1. Ask paying customers to fill out a survey with their honest opinion.
    Step 2. They comply, so that show organizers can get different points of view.
    Step 3. SQUASH PATRONS BENEATH FEET - PRESENT STATISTICS - QUESTION MORALITY OF SHOW GOERS - MAKE THEM FEEL SMALL - HULK SMASH!!!!
    I’ve never been asked to survey about Allentown. Why? They aren’t reinventing the wheel, they know their show is good and there aren’t 8 million people updating us, asking us, telling us, informing us, promoting upon us, blah blah blah blah blah.

Oh ok I get it now in your opinion the game selection was better last year. We try and mix things up every year. Keep it fresh, thanks for your input.

#866 4 years ago

1) What did you like best about the show this year and what didn't you like? The free play room was much better than last year, and the SNHPC room was more obvious that free play applied there as well. I didn't have any complaints this year, although I do feel like the numerous locked doors in free play was potentially a fire hazard.
    2) Did you purchase a Willy Wonka CE package and did you think you got a good value? If not, why not? Did not purchase.
    3) Did you attend any of the seminars? I attended one, it was informative.
    4) Did you visit the SNHPC room? Yes.
    5) Did you compete in the Silverball Rumble and if you did, what did you think of the tournament? I did not play in the tournament, it seemed very crowded.
    6) Did you bring a game to the show? Was it for sale? Did you sell your game? What was your experience like registering before, at and after the show? I purchased one at the show and left it until Saturday night. I felt like more information could have been conveyed to me once I purchased the game. I did not know any of the procedures or anything really. Fortunately Nancy was very patient with my numerous questions!
    7) What was your experience like in the Free Play Room? Did you encounter games down and did you like the variety of games in free play? Was a great year for free play. There were some games that played awful and just seemed like they mailed it in before the show even started. But overall the games and selection were great and I got to play a number of games I had never seen before.
    8 ) Did you purchase a Limited Edition Pass and was it the first time you purchased an LE pass? Did you think you got good value from this ticket package? I bought the LE pass. I feel like the real value in that pass is that you can visit the room in the morning, get a good helping of pinball, and then visit the local attractions with the spouse during the afternoon/evening if you want. I feel like it was good value although I was disappointed that games like Munsters, Oktoberfest, Deadpool and Wonka were not available in the mornings... I get that the vendor hall needs attractive games but last year on Thursday I was playing Houdini and the equiv. was not there this year - if no one is in the vendor hall why can't the games be in the EBL on Thursday?
    9) Do you think you got good value from the EBL (Extra Ball Lounge)? Yes, see above.
    10) Are you attending Pintastic 2020 and if so, how far are you traveling? I will be going, will be traveling by car - it will be slightly closer to me than Sturbridge was.

#867 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We will be looking into the texting service but how often are you looking at your phone during pinball time?

Tournament players are ALWAYS looking at their phones.

#868 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flamingo43:

I get that the vendor hall needs attractive games but last year on Thursday I was playing Houdini and the equiv. was not there this year - if no one is in the vendor hall why can't the games be in the EBL on Thursday?

Since the Vendors had not brought them in till Thursday afternoon would be hard to have them in the AM. The reason the vendor hall is not open Thursday is it is being set up all the way until it opens on Friday AM. Trust me I helped unload with several of them after Freeplay opened up at 6pm.

#869 4 years ago

Makes sense. Thanks. The games in the EBL were all great playing. I guess I just got my hopes up, lol.

#870 4 years ago

The Classic Pinball Podcast has just released Episode 3

Pintastic part 2

Eric Stone Interview

Tournament talk

Podcaster Seminar

Odds and ends

#871 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I have my Big Town and Cover Girl set up in the free play area, so far I am very impressed with the quality and quantity of the machines! Plus deals to be had at the flea market![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does anyone have the contact info of the vendor selling the translites in the flea market? I need one now of course.

#872 4 years ago

Ah, I see how that could be misinterpreted. My mistake, I meant following suit in leaving you alone. Not lying about one another.
    That’s what I meant, that definitely could have been misinterpreted, my apologies.

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-gif-8.gifmove-along-nothing-to-see-here-gif-8.gif
    #875 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

That sucks...at least she was part of an iconic movie that will live on, and with a pin themed on it decades later.

I like in the movie where they are rolling her out when she's a plump blueberry and it's obviously a dummy being rolled. They did not plan in 1971 on frame by frame digitizing..

#876 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I like in the movie where they are rolling her out when she's a plump blueberry and it's obviously a dummy being rolled. They did not plan in 1971 on frame by frame digitizing..

That they did not. Still an excellent scene. And when she says “by God it’s gum” and Gene nods yes and says “wrong!” Hahaha

#877 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I constantly check my phone for alerts from many sources : I set it to vibrate during a show

#878 4 years ago

Just got my pins set back up, and was able to pull some audit info:

GB: 836 plays
    Grand Lizard (had NVRAM installed on Saturday which cleared the audits and was down for the count on Sunday): 421 plays
    NGG (also down a couple of times): 573 plays

I didn’t remember to grab the numbers on Grand Prix before the show so I don’t have that info.

#879 4 years ago

Here's mine:
    T2: 769 plays
    Party Zone: 734 plays

#880 4 years ago

My Willy Wonka and Potc jjp both got 850 plays.

#881 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Just got my pins set back up, and was able to pull some audit info:
    GB: 836 plays
    Grand Lizard (had NVRAM installed on Saturday which cleared the audits and was down for the count on Sunday): 421 plays
    NGG (also down a couple of times): 573 plays
    I didn’t remember to grab the numbers on Grand Prix before the show so I don’t have that info.

Ghostbusters? Enjoyed playing the hell out of it, first time I played one. Thanks for bringing it!

20190628_144320_resized (resized).jpg20190628_144320_resized (resized).jpg
    #882 4 years ago

Those play numbers probably exceed what a game would have seen at an arcade back in the day.
    All pinheads moving from game to game.
    Multiply those numbers by all the games in free play and that is a busy weekend.

#883 4 years ago

#fireball-bally had 723 total plays for the weekend

I had thought the "3 can play" lamp was out & forgot my piece of tubing I would normally use to replace it with: got a great recommendation to use the shooter tip as a bulb remover & that worked great !!!!

Turned out the bulb was ok just some schmoe on one of the fingers on the coin-unit

Game held up great the whole show only a couple times I had to plunge balls 4 & 5 I guess from people thinking all machines are supposed be only 3 ball games.

Special thanks to TheArrrrrcade for allowing me to get-'er goin and bring it to the show

Fireball pintastic 2019 plays (resized).jpgFireball pintastic 2019 plays (resized).jpgIMG_1827 (resized).JPGIMG_1827 (resized).JPG
    #884 4 years ago
    Quoted from chas10e:

Fireball had 723 total plays for the weekend
    I had thought the "3 can play" lamp was out & forgot my piece of tubing I would normally use to replace it with: got a great recommendation to use the shooter tip as a bulb remover & that worked great !!!!
    Turned out the bulb was ok just some schmoe on one of the fingers on the coin-unit
    Game held up great the whole show only a couple times I had to plunge balls 4 & 5 I guess from people thinking all machines are supposed be only 3 ball games.
    Special thanks to thearrrrrcade for allowing me to get-'er goin and bring it to the show[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for bringing it!

1 week later
    #885 4 years ago

DaWezl Thank you for bringing the GB. As much hate as that game gets, I love how challenging is and I still want to buy one.
    Hopefully I can actually bring a game next year!

Snapchat-1455848568 (2) (resized).jpgSnapchat-1455848568 (2) (resized).jpg
    #886 4 years ago
    Quoted from Church:

dawezl Thank you for bringing the GB. As much hate as that game gets, I love how challenging is and I still want to buy one

I'd like to pile on, if I may.
    My daughter adores this machine and I also happen to like it quite a bit. Thank you very much

#887 4 years ago

Glad everyone enjoyed it! I was playing a pro up at Tilt Arcade in Toronto this week, and it was pretty well dialed in, which makes me want to get mine adjusted better! I had the old playfield working great, but I still get the vicious air balls on this one.

#888 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Glad everyone enjoyed it! I was playing a pro up at Tilt Arcade in Toronto this week, and it was pretty well dialed in, which makes me want to get mine adjusted better! I had the old playfield working great, but I still get the vicious air balls on this one.

Air ball protectors and color dmd are a must

#889 4 years ago
    Quoted from chas10e:

Fireball had 723 total plays for the weekend
    Special thanks to thearrrrrcade for allowing me to get-'er goin and bring it to the show[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you paint the cabinet that way? I’ve never seen one that color before...

#890 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Did you paint the cabinet that way? I’ve never seen one that color before...

It was repainted that way long before I ever saw it. whoever did it did a good quality paint-job , just not themed as it was originally.

dmarston mentioned as I was heading out the door with it, he thought it looked like a sports car of some sort

#891 4 years ago
    Quoted from chas10e:

It was repainted that way long before I ever saw it. whoever did it did a good quality paint-job , just not themed as it was originally.
    dmarston mentioned as I was heading out the door with it, he thought it looked like a sports car of some sort

It does look good. I played it a few times. I should have never got rid of mine.

#892 4 years ago
    Quoted from chas10e:

[Re: Fireball] @dmarston mentioned as I was heading out the door with it, he thought it looked like a sports car of some sort

Those two wide "racing stripes" close together are almost a trademark of the Shelby GT350 and GT500 Mustangs.
    .................David Marston
    (after jogging his memory)

#893 4 years ago

Now, I wasn't able to attend this year for various family reasons. Next year, however, I would love to come again...maybe even bring my Firepower, too. Do we know the dates yet for next year? We pick our vacations for the entire year the September of the year before, so I kind of need to know now so that I can get off!

#894 4 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

Now, I wasn't able to attend this year for various family reasons. Next year, however, I would love to come again...maybe even bring my Firepower, too. Do we know the dates yet for next year? We pick our vacations for the entire year the September of the year before, so I kind of need to know now so that I can get off!

June 25-28, 2020 at the Boxboro Regency Hotel in Boxboro, MA

#895 4 years ago

Anyone have a 2019 pintastic poster they are willing to sell? My 10 year old son wants one for his room. We had planned on getting one but we forgot.

#896 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Anyone have a 2019 pintastic poster they are willing to sell? My 10 year old son wants one for his room. We had planned on getting one but we forgot.

Which one?

#897 4 years ago

I don’t think he cares which one. Do you have one for sale?

#898 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I don’t think he cares which one. Do you have one for sale?

All previous year posters will be free next year. If your son can’t wait that long. PM me and I will send you one if your willing to pay shipping. Gabe

#899 4 years ago

A big shout out to dannunz for sending Pintastic posters to me for me son. We really appreciate it. He was very excited to get them. Pintastic 2020 here we come. Hotel is already booked.

There are 899 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2019-buy-sell-party/page/18?hl=flamingo43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.