(Topic ID: 204943)

PINTASTIC 2018 Official Thread!

By dannunz

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B81A1CD9-1E28-4FF4-8F07-135A946A9CF8 (resized).jpeg
    31A0E343-48B2-4DA8-B8E4-53D89E61D999 (resized).jpeg
    62DBB8CE-FE0D-428E-971C-C5FA150C8D34 (resized).jpeg
    20180701115110570 (resized).jpg
    20180701115137907 (resized).jpg
    20180701115125014 (resized).jpg
    20180701115209340 (resized).jpg
    20180701004721220 (resized).jpg
    20180630225143867 (resized).jpg
    20180630225246864 (resized).jpg
    20180630134116205 (resized).jpg
    20180630134149853 (resized).jpg
    20180630134300532 (resized).jpg
    20180630151518304 (resized).jpg
    20180630170913047 (resized).jpg
    20180630170928877 (resized).jpg
    There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 5 years ago

I’m Nostalgic . I miss the hundred or so emails to get beer girls only to find out it didn’t work out . Cheers

#202 5 years ago

I sent out a PM 5 hours ago about the color DMD buy in. Please add me to the list for south park

#203 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I sent out a PM 5 hours ago about the color DMD buy in. Please add me to the list for south park

As long as you email color dmd today is the last day for the deal

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

As long as you email color dmd today is the last day for the deal

I did. Randy said for me to email you. Confused

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

There will be recording of the seminars, intending to put most of them on our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1hsYk9HhlG9AxvS2IgaUkA) later on.
    .................David Marston

Thx!

And that Channel need more viewers...

...beginning with me, now!

#206 5 years ago

I unable to log in to my game bringer account all this week. I spent money on a color dmd for Baywatch in April and they are asking me to spend more money another color dmd so I can put the advertisement on Baywatch??

#207 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Will there be a stream/ recording of the seminars?

Yes it will be recorded and it won't be a webcam pointed at a backbox. It's an actual feed from the game itself complete with audio from both presenter voice and laptop. Expect a 1080p video with TNA music in full stereo with Bowen commentary presented in real time for all panels. That is the plan anyways! I had to buy a few Elegatos for this and really brainstorm over adapters and cables and whatnot!

#208 5 years ago

Southern N.H. Pin Golf Tournament room line up! Room hours are all weekend till late at night lol.

*World Poker Tour (Stern, 2006)
    * Lord of the Rings (Stern, 2003)
    * Robocop (Data East, 1989)
    * World Cup Soccer (Bally, 1994)
    * Doodle Bug (Williams, 1971)
    * NBA Fastbreak (Bally, 1997)
    * Target Pool (Gottlieb, 1969)
    * Power-Bot (Williams, 1986)
    * Hotline (Williams, 1966)
    * Grand Prix (Williams, 1976)
    * High Speed (Williams, 1986)

IMG_1643 (resized).JPGIMG_1643 (resized).JPG
    #209 5 years ago

First one here!! (Wanted to make sure I got a good spot)

20180621_125547.jpg20180621_125547.jpg
    #210 5 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Wanted to make sure I got a good spot

The spots that are closer will be our Flea Market vendors. Highly visible!

#211 5 years ago

More news from SNHPC: each night of the Pin-Golf tournament is separate. If you're only attending for one day (Thursday, Friday, Saturday), you can play in their tournament for that day. SNHPC room opens at 6:00 PM Thursday, 11:00 AM on Friday and Saturday, and is closed on Sunday.

#212 5 years ago

ONE WEEK TO PINTASTIC 2018! We are up to 190 games registered for FREE play. That does not include any vendor hall games or tournament games. Let the craziness begin....

1clownSparky-Feb16'17 (resized).jpg1clownSparky-Feb16'17 (resized).jpg
    #214 5 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Yes it will be recorded and it won't be a webcam pointed at a backbox. It's an actual feed from the game itself complete with audio from both presenter voice and laptop. Expect a 1080p video with TNA music in full stereo with Bowen commentary presented in real time for all panels. That is the plan anyways! I had to buy a few Elegatos for this and really brainstorm over adapters and cables and whatnot!

I don't need multiple angles or livestream, as long as I can see Gomez "slides" of a presentation this time.

#215 5 years ago

We plan to direct-capture all the material that presenters send to the projector as one of the streams of input into our recording setup. A few of the seminars will be a real challenge!

#216 5 years ago

I’m a little curios here . So people bringing modern games that are designed by a Pintastic show guest get extra points or rewards ?

#217 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

So people bringing modern games that are designed by a Pintastic show guest get extra points or rewards ?

More than that! We give Bonus points for any game that IPDB says there involvement of Joe Balcer, Paul Faris, George Gomez, or John Borg. Also, Bonus points for rare games, woodrails 1946-1959, games on the Pinside Most Wanted list as of 1/1/2018, Limited Edition games, games from less-often-seen manufacturers, and custom games. And you can stack the bonuses. Our games registration page has the whole point chart and it supports trial-and-error so you can try out different games to see how many points they get.

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

And you can stack the bonuses.

this guy pinballs...

#219 5 years ago

I see so there’s a push for modern games . Woodrails ran until 1960, Flipper (wood rail version) and Wagon Train for example . Flipper (metal rail) was the very first wedgehead and add a ball pinball machine. The wedge-head design ran for a span of 20 production years historically speaking.. but it gets one point the same as a common EM pin like Big Ben? Just a different viewpoint from an EM Collector.

#220 5 years ago

PINTASTIC LE TICKET PACKAGE PERKS! ONLY A FEW LEFT!

*ONLY 100 AVAILABLE!
    *Exclusive Numbered Lanyard & Badge Design
    *24HR Access to Extra Ball Lounge℠ (were you will have quieter access to 20 to 25 Top tier games)
    *Early access to the Extra Ball Lounge℠ 11AM Thursday
    *Access to The Special When Lit Party (Friday Night)
    *2018 T-Shirt (new design)
    *One Hour Early Access to Free Play & Vendor Hall
    *Custom FULL COLOR Beer Glass (new design)
    *Exclusive 2018 Key chain
    *Limited Edition Numbered silk screen Poster
    *Friday Morning Buffet Breakfast (all you can eat)

Go here https://purchase.growtix.com/e/pintastic_pinball_ga…/…/64193

vip lounge2 (resized).JPGvip lounge2 (resized).JPG
    #221 5 years ago

We would like to have a balance among the various ages and types of pinball games. For 2018, it looks like we will get lots of 1960s games, based on advanced registrations, but not too many 1950s. That is similar to prior years. Bonus points encourage those 1950s games. (BTW, I'm an EM collector, too.)

If you can find Christian Marche and persuade him to come as a Guest Artist, all the games that have his art would get Bonus Points that year. That would be lots of 1960s games, and many are surprised to discover that he did the art for Delta Queen!

The Bonus Point system will be tweaked from year to year, but it will always work as an incentive to draw out game categories that aren't being supplied sufficiently through the natural inclinations of the game bringers.

#222 5 years ago

The majority of add-a-ball games get extra bonus points for their low production quantities. Given that New York and Connecticut were (are?) both add-a-ball states, we have a lot in this region. Bring 'em on!

#223 5 years ago

The long-range weather forecasts are coming in...looks like sunny weather for Friday through Sunday. Flea Market vendors take note!

#224 5 years ago

Another auction update: there will be some box lots of vintage parts, both pinball and arcade parts. EM restorers take note! One box lot is dozens of NOS Gottlieb coils. There is still time for you to consign items; see our auction page for details.

#225 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

The long-range weather forecasts are coming in...looks like sunny weather for Friday through Sunday. Flea Market vendors take note!

So expect snow....

#227 5 years ago

I'm looking for plastic ramps for the Williams Dracula.

#228 5 years ago

We are reviewing our payment system for admissions. This year, we will be able to take cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, ApplePay, and GooglePay.

#229 5 years ago

11D7BCE7-631E-440A-8B42-5292F102DD7D (resized).jpeg11D7BCE7-631E-440A-8B42-5292F102DD7D (resized).jpeg

#231 5 years ago

Paul Faris 13" by 19" poster! Get them while they last $2 each and have Paul sign them at the show.

IMG_1659 (resized).JPGIMG_1659 (resized).JPG
    #232 5 years ago

The Pintastic segment on the latest Head to Head podcast gives a good summary of our struggles, innovations, and the scope of our show as of 2018. I want to correct one misstatement: I was involved with the first show, having started on the team in August of 2014, and I ran the seminar program for the first show in 2015. And I haven't burned out yet!

#233 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

The Pintastic segment on the latest Head to Head podcast gives a good summary of our struggles, innovations, and the scope of our show as of 2018. I want to correct one misstatement: I was involved with the first show, having started on the team in August of 2014, and I ran the seminar program for the first show in 2015. And I haven't burned out yet!

Yes Dave you were with us from the beginning! Another correction we do have a 2 day and 4 day premium ticket package.

#234 5 years ago

PINBALLS.com AUTOMATED is making a big splash once again at pintastic 2018. BRINGING 20 PINS! Talk to Mike about special show pricing on those games in his booth along with other NIB games he will have with him.

IMG_1649 (resized).PNGIMG_1649 (resized).PNG
    #236 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

PINBALLS.com AUTOMATED is making a big splash once again at pintastic 2018. BRINGING 20 PINS! Talk to Mike about special show pricing on those games in his booth along with other NIB games he will have with him.

Cool, and we will have mods available for all those games...Pintastic is a one stop shop for all your pinball needs

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

So expect snow....

Thunderstorms predicted on set up day this blows

64489976-C2C2-4CD0-8918-AED27440617D (resized).png64489976-C2C2-4CD0-8918-AED27440617D (resized).png
    #238 5 years ago

cheapest gas is in Southbridge, MA Exit 1 on 84.

#239 5 years ago

Better pull up close to the building and pull the pins out quick! Is there a tent or awning that we can pull under to unload at the entrance?

#240 5 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

Better pull up close to the building and pull the pins out quick! Is there a tent or awning that we can pull under to unload at the entrance?

Giant plastic bags will be selling like hot cakes . I just hope people don’t hog the front sidewalk and dilly dally. Unload your pins and pull forward , be considerate to others .

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Giant plastic bags will be selling like hot cakes . I just hope people don’t hog the front sidewalk and dilly dally. Unload your pins and pull forward , be considerate to others .

+1. Get your stuff out, even if just in the lobby, park elsewhere, then come back for your stuff.

#242 5 years ago

The hotel lobby entrance has roof coverage.

#243 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

The hotel lobby entrance has roof coverage.

True but what’s the hotel policy for non- guests ? Also it’s a hucking fike to the sign in table / Free Play room. And will the hotel allow pinheads to be wheeling pins through their lobby? I remember steps by The foyer of some type.

#244 5 years ago

It's not ideal to go in through the lobby entrance. I don't think the hotel staff will mind, though. There is a ramp for the three steps in the lobby. Maybe people who use lots of shrink-wrap will go in through the direct route.

#245 5 years ago

Extra Ball Lounge!

IMG_1665 (resized).JPGIMG_1665 (resized).JPGIMG_1667 (resized).JPGIMG_1667 (resized).JPG
    #246 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Extra Ball Lounge!

dannunz please keep that TNA in the Extra Ball Lounge all weekend! I'm super pumped to play the heck out of that thing this weekend.

#247 5 years ago
    Quoted from Auror:

dannunz please keep that TNA in the Extra Ball Lounge all weekend! I'm super pumped to play the heck out of that thing this weekend.

YYYEeeesssss. I bought the LE pass just for this exact reason! Woot!

#248 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Paul Faris 13" by 19" poster! Get them while they last $2 each and have Paul sign them at the show.

Can anyone going help me out by picking up a poster for me? I’m collecting pinball show posters and could use a hand on this sweet one. Will make a pinside donation in your name if you help out. PM me if you can help.

#249 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Can anyone going help me out by picking up a poster for me? I’m collecting pinball show posters and could use a hand on this sweet one. Will make a pinside donation in your name if you help out. PM me if you can help.

Sure, if you cover the shipping costs I can priority mail one to you in a priority tri-box.

#250 5 years ago

Set up early in the afternoon...been a blast so far!

There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2018-ticket-sales-are-open-le-premium-and-pro-packages/page/5?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.