(Topic ID: 204943)

PINTASTIC 2018 Official Thread!

By dannunz

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B81A1CD9-1E28-4FF4-8F07-135A946A9CF8 (resized).jpeg
    31A0E343-48B2-4DA8-B8E4-53D89E61D999 (resized).jpeg
    62DBB8CE-FE0D-428E-971C-C5FA150C8D34 (resized).jpeg
    20180701115110570 (resized).jpg
    20180701115137907 (resized).jpg
    20180701115125014 (resized).jpg
    20180701115209340 (resized).jpg
    20180701004721220 (resized).jpg
    20180630225143867 (resized).jpg
    20180630225246864 (resized).jpg
    20180630134116205 (resized).jpg
    20180630134149853 (resized).jpg
    20180630134300532 (resized).jpg
    20180630151518304 (resized).jpg
    20180630170913047 (resized).jpg
    20180630170928877 (resized).jpg

There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The hotel is releasing all remaining rooms out to the public on Thursday of this week. I can not hold them any longer per my contract. So if you need a room please call the hotel and ask for the Pintastic pinball room rate of $110 a night TODAY!

And when those rooms are released, it won't be long before they sell out altogether, even at the higher rate. There will be places for you to stay nearby, but less convenient and probably more costly. Remember, Pintastic runs 24 hours a day from Thursday (June 28) at 6:00 PM!
    .................David Marston

#152 5 years ago

Here is a more precise version of the seminar schedule, for those who want to choose particular seminars. Titles are somewhat fanciful.
    FRIDAY, JUNE 29
    9:30 AM Reserved for late-breaking news
    10:00 Eric Stone: Play Better Pinball
    1:00 PM 1:00 Bob Thurman: Pinball from A to F (Not Z)
    2:00 John Greatwich: How You Can Produce Pinball Art
    3:00 Adam Kiesler: Opening Montreal to Pinball
    4:00 Butch Peel: A Deep Dive Into (Pirates of) the Caribbean
    6:30 Jack Guarnieri & panel: Jersey Jack Pinball Update
    9:00 Bowen Kerins: Assault on the 9 Reactors

SATURDAY, JUNE 30
    11:00 AM Todd Tuckey: How We Overhaul a Pinball Machine at TNT
    1:00 PM Adam Ruben: Pinball: the Comedy, the Tragedy, the Biology
    2:00 Dan Spolar & panel: Meet Project Pinball
    3:00 Joe Balcer: American Pinball and Me
    4:00 Paul Faris: My Artistic Life in Pinball
    6:30 George Gomez & panel: Stern Pinball Update
    The formal autograph session is planned for 5:00 PM Saturday.

As always, consult the easel in front of the Seminar Theater during the show for late changes.

Added over 6 years ago:

Todd Tuckey seminar has been rescheduled to start at 9:30 AM!

Added over 6 years ago:

Joe Balcer wants it known that his seminar is officially titled "American Pinball: Our Journey to Date", but he promises me that he will talk about what he did earlier in his career.
    .......DM

#153 5 years ago

Two questions:

1. I haven't received my machine registration email yet...coming soon?

2. My brother and I are both staying at the hotel for Thus-Sunday morning. I am bringing my Firepower and will be setting it up probably around 10 AM. He technically doesn't get access till Free Play starts Thursday night. It's no issue for him to help me set up the machine earlier in the day, right?

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

Two questions:
    1. I haven't received my machine registration email yet...coming soon?
    2. My brother and I are both staying at the hotel for Thus-Sunday morning. I am bringing my Firepower and will be setting it up probably around 10 AM. He technically doesn't get access till Free Play starts Thursday night. It's no issue for him to help me set up the machine earlier in the day, right?

1. We do not send out email confirmations. At the bottom of the page it would have given you a confirmation code. Anyway you will be receiving a email in the next few days letting you know you can log into the registration system and change your game if you like.

2. With your free play game you will receive a FREE PLAY badge which gets you into the free play area early on Thursday and before the room opens on the other days to maintain your machine. Unfortunately your brother will not have access till 6PM on Thursday evening unless he brings another game for free play. Sorry but this is one of the big perks free play bringers get. Thanks for understanding.

#155 5 years ago

Auction Update: there will be at least a couple EM pinball games in the auction! Ed Kelsey tells me that Spanish Eyes and Old Chicago are in the pipeline now.

#156 5 years ago

Cool..sounds like things are heating up, in a good way!

#157 5 years ago

FYI: cheapest gas in the area is at the Pilot Travel Center, Exit 1 on I-84 . Currently 2.799 .

https://pilotflyingj.com/stores/222/

Hoping for dry weather I want the outdoor flea to succeed and grow. It’s my favorite part of Pinball shows.

#158 5 years ago

If you come to my seminar, bring your coffee and lunch! I think you will enjoy it...we are doing something I do not think has been done before. At TNT Amusements right now, we are shopping a Bally Six Million Dollar Man. We will have an unshopped Six Million Dollar Man at Pintastic and Frank will do comparisions and do a partial shop of that machine while you watch both...the large screen above Frank will have clear video of the machine in front of you and then we will jump to our filmed video back at the shop--a true 4 D experience larger than life (at least Frank is larger than life--in the stomach area)! I will also have giveaway booklets for all attending the seminar about my new Pinball Book series coming out in July!

#159 5 years ago

That is awesome, I can’t wait to attend!

#160 5 years ago

Pintastic has it's own official channel up. It can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1hsYk9HhlG9AxvS2IgaUkA Please subscribe to it to view future and past panels.

-Derek Karamanian

#161 5 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

If you come to my seminar, bring your coffee and lunch! I think you will enjoy it...we are doing something I do not think has been done before. At TNT Amusements right now, we are shopping a Bally Six Million Dollar Man. We will have an unshopped Six Million Dollar Man at Pintastic and Frank will do comparisions and do a partial shop of that machine while you watch both...the large screen above Frank will have clear video of the machine in front of you and then we will jump to our filmed video back at the shop--a true 4 D experience larger than life (at least Frank is larger than life--in the stomach area)! I will also have giveaway booklets for all attending the seminar about my new Pinball Book series coming out in July!

Hope Cuuuuuuuuuuuurt will be making a cameo appearance in your shop video, too.

Seriously though, really looking forward to this, Todd!

#162 5 years ago

Room booked, making my first Pintastic trip. Arriving Saturday afternoon. Can I bring a few beers in or do I have to purchase? Figured I would by a ticket for Saturday and Sunday. Do I need a separate ticket to hear the speakers? Thanks.

#163 5 years ago

Your regular daily admission ticket for Saturday includes the Saturday seminars, admission to the auction, as well as the two main free play rooms and the vendor areas. Tournament entries are a separate cost.

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from waldo34:

Room booked, making my first Pintastic trip. Arriving Saturday afternoon. Can I bring a few beers in or do I have to purchase? Figured I would by a ticket for Saturday and Sunday. Do I need a separate ticket to hear the speakers? Thanks.

You can bring beer to consume in your room but on the show floor you are not aloud to bring beer into the event it needs to be purchased on site. Keep in mind we do have the biggest liquor store in New England right next door with an incredible amount of craft beers on hand.

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from waldo34:

You have to try Tree House while you are here, but if you're only here Sat and Sun it may be difficult for you to get to the brewery. Send me a PM and I'll make sure you get a couple on Saturday.

#166 5 years ago

I looked at a report of the games that are coming with their Bonus Point scores. I'm glad to see lots of people are responding to the incentives to bring the works of our featured designers and artist, low-production games, and games from less prolific manufacturers. We still need some pitch-and-bat baseball games! Remember, you can go to the registration page and try various titles to see the Bonus Points each would earn, then pick a set of games that you can have ready in time for the show while getting the most points. One example of a game that's coming and will earn a "stacked bonus" is Twister, which has Paul Faris art and was designed by John Borg. If you bring Monster Bash, you get Bonus Points for George Gomez as designer and for it being on the Pinside Top 20. Volunteering can also run up your point total!

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

More
    1. We do not send out email confirmations. At the bottom of the page it would have given you a confirmation code. Anyway you will be receiving a email in the next few days letting you know you can log into the registration system and change your game if you like.
    2. With your free play game you will receive a FREE PLAY badge which gets you into the free play area early on Thursday and before the room opens on the other days to maintain your machine. Unfortunately your brother will not have access till 6PM on Thursday evening unless he brings another game for free play. Sorry but this is one of the big perks free play bringers get. Thanks for understanding.

Not sure how I feel about the not-allowing-helpers thing. I planned on having my spouse help me setup my game before the show and then him purchasing a ticket Thursday 6PM. Now he has to wait in the car while I setup? You can't issue a "1 hour Free Play helper" name tag valid for an hour after the game bringer shows up with the game so I can least have him help me unload the game? I mean, I know you have volunteers to help with setup and I get why the rule is in place, but...

Looking forward to the show! Gosh, it's coming up quick. Hope the weather is good for the flea market!

-Doug

#168 5 years ago

Is there something wrong with the games list on the website?

#169 5 years ago

The website is being updated tonight.

This is the new game list link.

https://pntstc.com/games.html

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from mudflap:

The website is being updated tonight.
    This is the new game list link.
    https://pntstc.com/games.html

All games are listed not for sale right now but this will change once games get checked in at the show. This list will get updated and will be in real time. So at any time you can see what is left.

#171 5 years ago

<quote>I planned on having my spouse help me setup my game before the show and then him purchasing a ticket Thursday 6PM. Now he has to wait in the car while I setup? You can't issue a "1 hour Free Play helper" name tag valid for an hour after the game bringer shows up with the game so I can least have him help me unload the game? I mean, I know you have volunteers to help with setup and I get why the rule is in place, but...</quote>

I think if he helped other people set up, not just you, that would qualify him as a "volunteer" and then he'd be good for the afternoon. That sounds better to me than inventing a special tag. He could even register as a volunteer on our website and set his availability hours to just Thursday before 6:00 PM and whatever hours at the end of the show where you plan to disassmble the game. Is that a win-win?

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

&lt;quote&gt;I planned on having my spouse help me setup my game before the show and then him purchasing a ticket Thursday 6PM. Now he has to wait in the car while I setup? You can't issue a "1 hour Free Play helper" name tag valid for an hour after the game bringer shows up with the game so I can least have him help me unload the game? I mean, I know you have volunteers to help with setup and I get why the rule is in place, but...&lt;/quote&gt;
    I think if he helped other people set up, not just you, that would qualify him as a "volunteer" and then he'd be good for the afternoon. That sounds better to me than inventing a special tag. He could even register as a volunteer on our website and set his availability hours to just Thursday before 6:00 PM and whatever hours at the end of the show where you plan to disassmble the game. Is that a win-win?

Works for me, I totally forgot about the volunteer thing. Thanks David!

-Doug

#173 5 years ago

^^^^^^

Just chiming in to say I love the above compromise.
    This kind of service is what sets Pintastic apart

#174 5 years ago

Is the auction in the same place as last year? Still Saturday afternoon?

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Is the auction in the same place as last year? Still Saturday afternoon?

The auction has moved. It is close to the gazebo area and will be on Saturday same time as last year. The SNH tournament and free play room is now in it place. The SNH room will be setting there own hours so I'm guessing they will be open very late as well. Here is the new updated map.

Pintastic2018_Map_02 (resized).jpgPintastic2018_Map_02 (resized).jpg

#176 5 years ago

The auction is in the Oxford, Webster, and Dudley rooms. SNHPC is setting up in the Executive Room. The Extra Ball Lounge is in the Sturbridge, Brimfield, and Charlton rooms. The Silverball Rumble tournament is in the East end (stage area) of the Hawthorne Exhibit Hall (a.k.a. the vendor hall).

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Here is the new updated map.

Pintastic2018_Map_02 (resized).jpg

Thanks for posting - it's not the first year you've had a great-looking map explaining the layout... I think many of us really find it helpful.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

#178 5 years ago

Moving the EBLounge further away from the other areas is a good move. Nobody has to walk by it and wonder why they aren't allowed in.

#179 5 years ago

I'm not staying at the host hotel. They blocked their reservation system last Wednesday 9pm Eastern, online King room was available. I requested the special rate Thursday to Sunday check out. So Thursday I requested special rate, they wouldn't do it. Same request Friday. This is no big loss for me staying there. Just wondering where else people are staying. I would like to meet up with people who drink & talk pinball.

RE: Pintastic $110 rooms

Good Morning,

I know we are sold out of the Pintastic room block. And we have a hand full of rooms left to sell for those days. Rates are starting at $139.00 plus tax

Please feel free to contact the hotel at 508-347-7393 .

Cassandra Aponte|Front Office Manager
    Sturbridge Host and Conference Center
    366 Main St Sturbridge Ma 01566
    P. 508.347.3944 Ext. 603
    F. 508.347.3944

#180 5 years ago

Call this place. Good rates and just down the road.

www.choicehotels.com/massachusetts/sturbridge/comfort-inn-hotels/ma018/rates?checkInDate=2018-06-28&checkOutDate=2018-07-01

#181 5 years ago

If your smartphone does not have software to read QR codes, you should get it before coming to Pintastic. The game cards will have QR codes (and the same URL as text) so you can pull up info and file repair tickets. We actually had most of this partway through last year's show, but I don't think we got any repair tickets through this source from non-staff people. We'll still have the paper forms, which are good for indicating that a problem has been reported to the people who walk up to the game.

The QR codes also help you get connected to the seller when a game is for sale.

#182 5 years ago

Here is a video about a re-themed game that will be available to play at Pintastic New England.

Rob Shiner tells me that the game has lots of references to song lyrics from the band called moe.

#183 5 years ago

The actual title of Adam Kiesler's seminar is
    North Star Montreal: The Battle to Legalize Pinball for the People!
    Sounds like a must-see for all our Canadian visitors, all the lawyers, and anyone who is dealing with an oppressive municipality. It's scheduled for Friday (6/29) at 3:00 PM, but check the easel outside the door for last-minute schedule revisions.

#184 5 years ago

Wow can't wait to play that Moe shuttle! Love the guitar pick target idea.

#185 5 years ago

Pinball is not allowed in some places?

#186 5 years ago

"Pinball is not allowed in some places?"

When I tell people that Adam Kiesler is coming to Pintastic to discuss how pinball was legalized in Montreal just last year (2017!), they are amazed. If a big cosmopolitan city like that could keep it illegal, there are probably lots of other places. Then there are the cities that make it de facto illegal by charging annual licensing fees in the hundreds of dollars.

#187 5 years ago

Actually from what I understand, Reading MA. does not allow coin operated games... Pinball or Video.

#188 5 years ago

Auction photos are starting to appear at:
    https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3110850.html
    I believe additional photos will appear in batches every few days.

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Auction photos are starting to appear at:
    https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3110850.html
    I believe additional photos will appear in batches every few days.

So don't have to be present like a few years ago when I wanted a machine, but also have a job (so could not attend Saturday)?

#190 5 years ago

PINTASTIC VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! This year I'm giving you guys a pre-PARTY Wednesday night in the VIP room. Only for volunteers! Free food and pinball!

We are still looking for people to help out in many different areas of the show. Without our great staff, a show of this magnitude would not be possible. So please, help out if you can. Repair staff, security, free play setup and break down, Vendor Hall setup and break down. Extra Ball Lounge to Vendor Hall game swap. Go here: https://register.growtix.com/volunteers/apply_step_1/pintastic_pinball_game_room_expo_2018

Less than 2 weeks to go! Let’s do this.

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

FYI: cheapest gas in the area is at the Pilot Travel Center, Exit 1 on I-84 . Currently 2.799 .
    https://pilotflyingj.com/stores/222/
    Hoping for dry weather I want the outdoor flea to succeed and grow. It’s my favorite part of Pinball shows.

Current cheapest
    Gas ~5 miles away on route 131 in Southbridge, Citgo is 2.659

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Current cheapest
    Gas ~5 miles away on route 131 in Southbridge, Citgo is 2.659

Man. Jealous. A buck more in california.

#193 5 years ago

*************PINTASTIC KIDS TOURNAMENTS***********

There is a tournament just for kids aged 11 and under. NEW for 2018: separate divisions for kids up to age 7 and youth ages 8 to 11. Each person can play up to 3 entries, with the best score counting toward prizes.

Enter up to 3 time starting Saturday from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
    The kids tournament is FREE to enter.
    CASH PRIZES!
    1st place Youth: $50
    2nd place Youth: $20
    3rd place Youth: $10
    1st place Kids up to 7: $25
    2nd place Kids up to 7: $10
    3rd place Kids up to 7: $5

2017 kids4 (resized).JPG2017 kids4 (resized).JPG2017 kids5 (resized).JPG2017 kids5 (resized).JPG2017 kids6 (resized).JPG2017 kids6 (resized).JPG
    #194 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

*************PINTASTIC KIDS TOURNAMENTS***********
    There is a tournament just for kids aged 11 and under. NEW for 2018: separate divisions for kids up to age 7 and youth ages 8 to 11. Each person can play up to 3 entries, with the best score counting toward prizes.
    Enter up to 3 time starting Saturday from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
    The kids tournament is FREE to enter.
    CASH PRIZES!
    1st place Youth: $50
    2nd place Youth: $20
    3rd place Youth: $10
    1st place Kids up to 7: $25
    2nd place Kids up to 7: $10
    3rd place Kids up to 7: $5

For clarification, does this mean that my 13 yr old daughter would compete with the adults?

#195 5 years ago

"For clarification, does this mean that my 13 yr old daughter would compete with the adults?"

Yes. There are some teenagers doing very well in the worldwide player rankings, so she wouldn't be the first one. She can play in the Silverball Rumble, which is the main tournament (and which has an entry fee), in the Sanctum's side tournament for charity, or in the pin-golf tournament over in the SNHPC room.

The Youth division of our kids tournament is only for people born between July 1, 2006 and June 30, 2010, inclusive. The younger kids division is only for people born after June 30, 2010.

#196 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

"For clarification, does this mean that my 13 yr old daughter would compete with the adults?"
    Yes. There are some teenagers doing very well in the worldwide player rankings, so she wouldn't be the first one. She can play in the Silverball Rumble, which is the main tournament (and which has an entry fee), in the Sanctum's side tournament for charity, or in the pin-golf tournament over in the SNHPC room.
    The Youth division of our kids tournament is only for people born between July 1, 2006 and June 30, 2010, inclusive. The younger kids division is only for people born after June 30, 2010.

Yes to go along with Daves comments we have several kids who play in our main tournament younger than your daughter. There is no shortage of tournament options for everyone at Pintastic. Besides this for kids and the main event The Silverball Rumble there is also a more casual Pingolf event in the Southern New Hampshire Pinball Club room which will be more casual and great for families to play in together. And on top of that we will have our Total Nuclear Annihilation setup for a tournament to raise money for The Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay. That will be another tournament that would be great for you to enter with your child as it encourages use of the Co-Op mode for both of you to play together and destroy as many reactors as a team as possible.

-Jim

#197 5 years ago

SEMINAR SCHEDULE IS UP!
    What a great lineup this year.
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/speakers/

IMG_1633 (resized).JPGIMG_1633 (resized).JPG
    #198 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Yes to go along with Daves comments we have several kids who play in our main tournament younger than your daughter. There is no shortage of tournament options for everyone at Pintastic. Besides this for kids and the main event The Silverball Rumble there is also a more casual Pingolf event in the Southern New Hampshire Pinball Club room which will be more casual and great for families to play in together. And on top of that we will have our Total Nuclear Annihilation setup for a tournament to raise money for The Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay. That will be another tournament that would be great for you to enter with your child as it encourages use of the Co-Op mode for both of you to play together and destroy as many reactors as a team as possible.
    -Jim

Very helpful info! Thanks to you and Dave.

#199 5 years ago

Will there be a stream/ recording of the seminars?

#200 5 years ago

There will be recording of the seminars, intending to put most of them on our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1hsYk9HhlG9AxvS2IgaUkA) later on.

There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2018-ticket-sales-are-open-le-premium-and-pro-packages/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.