(Topic ID: 204943)

PINTASTIC 2018 Official Thread!

By dannunz

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B81A1CD9-1E28-4FF4-8F07-135A946A9CF8 (resized).jpeg
    31A0E343-48B2-4DA8-B8E4-53D89E61D999 (resized).jpeg
    62DBB8CE-FE0D-428E-971C-C5FA150C8D34 (resized).jpeg
    20180701115110570 (resized).jpg
    20180701115137907 (resized).jpg
    20180701115125014 (resized).jpg
    20180701115209340 (resized).jpg
    20180701004721220 (resized).jpg
    20180630225143867 (resized).jpg
    20180630225246864 (resized).jpg
    20180630134116205 (resized).jpg
    20180630134149853 (resized).jpg
    20180630134300532 (resized).jpg
    20180630151518304 (resized).jpg
    20180630170913047 (resized).jpg
    20180630170928877 (resized).jpg

There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 6 years ago

Our new LE, Premium and Pro packages are all available. We are running a holiday special on our LE package till January 1st only! The LE package is the ultimate experience and gives you the most bang for your buck. You get all kinds of cool goodies and extra show perks. The biggest difference is the new 24HR access to the Extra Ball Lounge (previously known as the VIP room). The new EBL will be in the room where the auction was previous years and will have over 30 TOP TITLES dedicated to that room! Games will rotate out each day and new ones will come in. Many of those games will be from my personal collection and will be amazing! With this package you can play pinball from Thursday at 10AM to Sunday at 6AM straight! That's 68HRS straight! Can you handle that? This package is limited to 100 and all badges will be numbered. Give someone special a Pintastic gift this holiday season! https://pintasticnewengland.com/passes/

vip lounge2 (resized).JPGvip lounge2 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Having an extra ball is not required to get in the Extra Ball Lounge.
    You will need a Premium Package tho

#3 6 years ago

Haha. I read the "Limited Edition Pass" as "Limited Access Pass". Because the prices are "below the fold" (when browser is not full screen), I didn't see them. And my first impression was that the one on the far left was the most expensive.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 12.43.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-12-12 at 12.43.38 PM (resized).png

#4 6 years ago

I was going for something different this year. I hope it helps you understand the packages.

#5 6 years ago

Lots of people taking advantage of the LE discount and giving the gift of pinball for the holidays! Don't miss out.

#6 6 years ago

C17779CC-EF40-4D43-8FE2-B0D21EA8E1B9 (resized).pngC17779CC-EF40-4D43-8FE2-B0D21EA8E1B9 (resized).png

1 week later
    #8 6 years ago

One week left to get your Pintastic 2018 LE package! I know it's bitter cold out side. Just close your eyes and think summer think Pintastic.

We have already sold 1/3 of the 100 LE packages available. All LE badges are numbered 1 to 100 and no more will be sold once they are gone. Why not get it now at s discounted price and forget about it.

IMG_1051 (resized).PNGIMG_1051 (resized).PNG

#9 6 years ago

The prices are getting out of hand. Sorry.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

The prices are getting out of hand. Sorry.

You do get a ton of extras with the more expensive packages. You can always buy a one day pas for $10 to $25

#11 6 years ago

Question: I will be registering and bringing my pin with me this year (possibly one arcade machine as well). What admission level is included in that? I saw on the site that there is access to the Friday night party, but the Extra Ball lounge and hour early admission to vendors is only part of purchased packages? Are those available separate, or does one need to buy the entire package even after getting a free admission day from bringing a machine?

Just want to get those details down before I register.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

Question: I will be registering and bringing my pin with me this year (possibly one arcade machine as well). What admission level is included in that? I saw on the site that there is access to the Friday night party, but the Extra Ball lounge and hour early admission to vendors is only part of purchased packages? Are those available separate, or does one need to buy the entire package even after getting a free admission day from bringing a machine?
    Just want to get those details down before I register.

Not to worry we will be announcing our new state of the art points system soon. Basically you will be able to achieve LE status with points you earn by bringing games and volunteering. You will earn points for games brought for free play. More points for different levels of games. Points for volenteering. You can redeem your points to achieve different levels of show access and show swag. Access to the ENL will be part of those levels. Very exciting times coming.

#13 6 years ago

We are only 2 days away from the Pintastic Equinox! That is the date where we will be closer to the next Pintastic than we are to the last one. We are almost half way to Pintastic!!

#14 6 years ago

Today is the last day to get a discount off our LE 4 day package. Buy now at a discount so you don't loose out later. This package is numbered and will sell out early. https://pintasticnewengland.com/passes/

1 week later
    #15 6 years ago

I am a dedicated show pramotor!

IMG_1089 (resized).JPGIMG_1089 (resized).JPG

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I am a dedicated show pramotor!

2 weeks later
    #17 6 years ago

2018 LE packages are half gone! Only 100 numbered badges will be made. Don't miss your chance.

https://register.growtix.com/e/pintastic_pinball_game_room_expo_2018/12593/64193

#18 6 years ago

For folks bringing machines for free play, what are the perks and costs involved?

#19 6 years ago

Game bringers at Pintastic are treated like royalty. You get

Free entry

Chance to win part of $4000 in cash and prizes.

Bring more than 5 games and you get a $50 gift card to the Oxford tavern.

Bring 5 games and you will get our 2018 custom embroidered hat.

On top of all that we are unveiling our new points system for game bringers in 2018. You will be able to cash in your points you get for bringing different types of games for merchandise and extra access credentials. Like 24hr extra ball lounge access, breakfast buffet access, t shirts, sweat shirts, jackets and lots more.

#20 6 years ago

To help you plan which games to bring, here is the general idea of the point system. Certain games will qualify against more than one of these criteria and earn points in more than one way.
    * Pinball games manufactured by Heighway, Dutch, Spooky, American, Homepin, Deeproot, Phoenix, Quetzal, Silver Castle, Illinois, Exhibit, Genco, Keeney, United, Allied Leisure, Alvin G, Atari, Capcom, Century, Game Plan, International Concepts, Mirco, Viza, Wico
    * Pitch-and-bat baseball games manufactured by Bally, Midway, Exhibit, Genco, Keeney, United, Evans, Western, Scientific
    * Electromechanical arcade games manufactured between 1946 and 1965
    * Pinball games with low production quantity, per IPDB
    * Pinball games with art by Paul Faris
    * Game-designer bonus to be announced later
    * Pinball games on the Pinside Most Wished list as of January 1, 2018 (often called “A-list games”)
    * Limited Edition models of recent pinball games
    * You also get one extra point for each game registered before June 1, 2018.

I took a snapshot of the Pinside Most Wished list on January 1. Here it is:
    1. Twilight Zone, Bally, 1191 wishlists
    2. Medieval Madness, Williams, 1189 wishlists
    3. The Addams Family, Bally, 1138 wishlists
    4. Monster Bash, Williams, 1100 wishlists
    5. Theatre of Magic, Bally, 1059 wishlists
    6. Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure, Williams, 1010 wishlists
    7. Attack from Mars, Bally, 968 wishlists
    8. Tales of the Arabian NightS, Williams, 958 wishlists
    9. White Water, Williams, 884 wishlists
    10. Lord of the Rings, Stern, 854 wishlists
    11. FunHouse, Williams, 825 wishlists
    12. Scared Stiff, Bally, 801 wishlists
    13. Creature from the Black Lagoon, Bally, 753 wishlists
    14. The Simpsons Pinball Party, Stern, 737 wishlists
    15. Star Trek: The Next Generation, Williams, 726 wishlists
    16. Cirqus Voltaire, Bally, 653 wishlists
    17. Fish Tales, Williams, 622 wishlists
    18. Wizard of Oz, Jersey Jack Pinball, 618 wishlists
    19. The Machine: Bride of Pinbot, Williams, 605 wishlists
    20. Whirlwind, Williams, 596 wishlists
    CGC remakes would also count, because it plays the same as the original.

An original design homebrew game counts the most of all, probably ten bonus points. Other games are worth varying amounts from 1 to 9 points. Add one extra point if you register before June 1.

The special hat and the Oxhead Tavern gift card will probably become selectable rewards under this point system. The rewards will include a combination of stuff you can take home with you and things to enjoy while in Sturbridge, and you will have choices (while supplies last) based on the plateau you reach. The plan is to have plateaus at 5, 10, 15, and 20 points. This is an experiment that is likely to be tweaked for each annual show.

So look over your collection and try to pick games that will earn you extra points. And remember that even without the bonus points, we still have generous rewards for ALL game bringers!
    .................David Marston

#21 6 years ago

Well...all I’ve got is my Firepower...so that will have to do!

#22 6 years ago

Entering a machine for "Free Play" gets free entry as stated above. Does this apply to the free play and vendor area as an early admittance? Also, is there an indoor flea market this year, if so what are the costs involved?

#23 6 years ago

There will be a flea market, probably outdoor.

The admission credits earned by bringing games apply to the Free Play Room, Vendor Hall, and Seminar Theatre. We encourage you to commit to keeping at least one game through to 10:00 PM Saturday, so that you can have a badge, which gets you into the Special When Lit after-party. I think the badge will also get you into the Vendor Hall earlier (like a Premium or LE pass), though we haven't reviewed that particular detail yet.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Entering a machine for "Free Play" gets free entry as stated above. Does this apply to the free play and vendor area as an early admittance? Also, is there an indoor flea market this year, if so what are the costs involved?

The flea market will be outdoor in the front parking lot this year. So everyone can see them as they walk in and out of the main entrance.

If you bring one game for free play and commit to leaving it on the floor till 10pm Saturday night you will get a badge that will get you into the vendor hall and free play 1hr early. You will also gain access to the special when lit lounge from 9pm to 6am.

With the new point system you will be able to upgrade your badge to get 24hr access to SWL lounge. Their are many ways to gain points. Bring more games, different types of games like Pinside top 30, rare games, re theam, games by our special guests, restored games and many more ways. All will be clear soon.

#25 6 years ago

What are the hours for Thursday?

#26 6 years ago

Free play general admission Thursday 6pm to 12pm

Premium badge extra access
    extra ball lounge access Thursday 9pm to 6am same times Friday and Saturday.

LE badge extra access (only 50 left)
    extra ball lounge access Thursday 12 noon to Sunday 6am

#27 6 years ago

Pintastic logo sweat shirts just came in! They will be $25 at the show and I can ship them for an additional $6.

IMG_1202 (resized).JPGIMG_1202 (resized).JPG

#28 6 years ago

"Extra Ball Lounge" ???

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

"Extra Ball Lounge" ???

We re named the VIP lounge the extra ball lounge. Now it's twice the size!

1 week later
    #30 6 years ago

So I registered my game on the site...now what? Do I get a confirmation or something?

#31 6 years ago

Also: I am bringing my machine (as stated above), so my admission then is free. I am bringing my brother along and he is staying in the hotel with me, helping me unload it, etc. How does he get a pass for all the three days that we will stay with the machine?

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

Also: I am bringing my machine (as stated above), so my admission then is free. I am bringing my brother along and he is staying in the hotel with me, helping me unload it, etc. How does he get a pass for all the three days that we will stay with the machine?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Your pass comes with every day your machine is in free play. But your brother would need to purchase one of our multi day packages to get all 3 days. Unless you brought 2 games to cover both of you.

#33 6 years ago

Exactly as I figured...thanks.

And about the machine? Do I get some kind of registration confirmation?

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

Exactly as I figured...thanks.
    And about the machine? Do I get some kind of registration confirmation?

We did get your registration but it was in our old system. So we will have our new system up and running soon. Please re register when that goes live. That way you can take advantage of all the new stuff that it will have. Thanks Gabe

#35 6 years ago

Thanks!

#36 6 years ago

Please post the link for registering machines when it is available. Thanks Gabe !
    Also curious what the number of machines you had registered last year.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Please post the link for registering machines when it is available. Thanks Gabe !
    Also curious what the number of machines you had registered last year.

Yes I will post the link as soon as it's ready. We had 220 games registered for free play last year. Add in my games and all the vedors games we had 260 games at the show last year on free play. That around 70 more games than in 2016. These numbers do not include 13 games in the tournament.

#38 6 years ago

2018 promo cards are getting printed!

IMG_1261 (resized).JPGIMG_1261 (resized).JPG

IMG_1262 (resized).JPGIMG_1262 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #39 6 years ago

Do you want to be a vendor at Pintastic 2018? If you have not confirmed your spot with me by now you need to act fast! Only 3 booth spots left in the vendor hall as of today. Go here https://pintasticnewengland.com/exhibitor-2/

IMG_1303 (resized).JPGIMG_1303 (resized).JPG

IMG_1304 (resized).JPGIMG_1304 (resized).JPG

#40 6 years ago

So hype for this- working with the wife on making a weekend of it. What are the hours for Sunday July 1? It's looking like we'll get there early Saturday and stay overnight, hoping for a second full day of pin on Sun

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from atom518:

So hype for this- working with the wife on making a weekend of it. What are the hours for Sunday July 1? It's looking like we'll get there early Saturday and stay overnight, hoping for a second full day of pin on Sun

Sunday hours are 9am to 4pm just an FYI Sunday is a scaled down Pintastic day. Only free play room will be open. Still expecting 70 plus games but deff a smaller wind down day.

1 week later
    #42 5 years ago

We are officially under 100 days to Pintastic 2018!!!! Get you ticket packages here https://pintasticnewengland.com/passes/
    Only 46 numbered LE packages left. Don't be left out looking in.

IMG_1327 (resized).PNGIMG_1327 (resized).PNG

#43 5 years ago

Can we register our games yet?

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

Can we register our games yet?

New registration page will be live this week.

#45 5 years ago

Artist Paul Faris is coming to Pintastic 2018, and he's doing
    artwork for a Pintastic poster! The term "ground-breaking" is
    over-used with artists, but Paul truly deserves it for the work
    he did at Bally from 1977 to 1983. Among the fan-favorite games
    that have Paul's art are Centaur, Xenon, and Phantom of the
    Opera. In addition to the art he painted, he is also known for
    building Bally's in-house Art Department, shifting away from
    having the silk screening contractors supply art. Among the
    alumni of his Bally team is Greg Freres, now Art Director at
    Stern Pinball. Paul will give a presentation about his work and
    the changes in how pinball art is done, and he'll be signing at
    our autograph session.

IMG_1337 (resized).JPGIMG_1337 (resized).JPG

IMG_1340 (resized).JPGIMG_1340 (resized).JPG

IMG_1347 (resized).JPGIMG_1347 (resized).JPG

IMG_1344 (resized).JPGIMG_1344 (resized).JPG

#46 5 years ago

Get your games ready to show at Pintastic New England, because our state-of-the-art incentives are there to motivate you! By bringing games to our free play room, you can get free admission, admittance to the after-party, entries in the thank-you giveaway, AND Pintastic merchandise! Go to
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/game-registration-2018/
    for more info. When you click on the REGISTER GAMES button, you will be brought to the sign-up page, which also has more details about bonus points that you can earn by bringing games that are in demand or feature the work of our special guests.

#47 5 years ago

Like we did last year with a gb, we are looking for someone to place a free play game in our booth. In exchange, We will mod your game for free. Looking mainly for stern games from 2003 to the present, but some bw games will work well too like a taf or tz. Please contact me if you are interested.

Thx

1 week later
    #48 5 years ago

The first Pintastic news letter will be going out this week! Huge designer announcement this week as well as other show info. Go to https://pintasticnewengland.com/ at the bottom of the page and sign up today.

1 week later
    #49 5 years ago

We can now reveal that game designer John Borg of Stern Pinball will be attending this year as Special Guest, to mingle with fans and sign autographs. New Englanders appreciate his work on Aerosmith, and he is also known for X-Men, The Walking Dead, TRON, Guardians of the Galaxy, Guns and Roses, Tails from the Crypt, Metallica, and Frankenstein with Paul Faris art. He has been in
    pinball design for over 25 years, going back to the Data East days.

IMG_1392 (resized).JPGIMG_1392 (resized).JPG

IMG_1393 (resized).JPGIMG_1393 (resized).JPG

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We re named the VIP lounge the extra ball lounge. Now it's twice the size!

Wouldn't that be 1.5 times the size? (Hint from 2 to 3)....

There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2018-ticket-sales-are-open-le-premium-and-pro-packages and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.