(Topic ID: 216316)

OFFICIAL PINTASTIC 2018- Sturbridge, Massachusetts- Buy, Sell, trade and beyond

By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1719 (resized).JPG
    2018-07-07 20.32.47 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180703_195305 (resized).jpg
    5A3BAA1A-25F3-487E-9454-57E8857D7778 (resized).jpeg
    marinehorn02.jpg
    onemillion (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Lost In Space entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show late 80s BK2K head (resized).jpg
    Best In Show late 80s BK2K entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Early 80s Fire Power head and owner (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Early 80s Fire Power entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Custom Lost in Space Head (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Antique Mills Exhibit playfield (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Antique Mills Exhibit entire (resized).jpg
    Best in Show 1970s SS Gorgar head (resized).jpg
    Best in Show 1970s SS Gorgar entire game (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#367 5 years ago

Games are rotated in & out of the EBL throughout the day randomly.

#368 5 years ago

New Games such as POTC and Iron Maiden etc. Magically appear after 10 PM in the EBL.

#444 5 years ago

Howdy ya’ll. I appreciate all the feed back from the show. A survey will be available in the next few days.

Things you may not have seen:

- Premium Machines were being brought to the Extra Ball Lounge after 9PM (when the vendor hall closed) POTC, GOTG & Iron Maiden for example. TOM was moved to the vendor hall and replaced with a Houdini.

- Anyone who had a badge had access to the EBL after 10pm. (vendor, free play & Premium)
    Staff prepared the game logistics for to EBL approximately at 9pm.

- our game bringer software is proprietary and developed in-house. This was its first official launch. We will be making adjustments as we learn the bugs and issues and what works well.

- we’re always looking for volunteers year round for every aspect of the show. We were light on volunteers this year and hired hotel security to fill some gaps.

- we’ve always reduced the admission after 6PM Fri & Sat.
    (At the door only) to make it affordable for everyone. This was posted on our Facebook.

- when machine abuse was brought to our attention or seen firsthand it was promptly addressed as per our code of conduct.

- volunteers and staff went above and beyond to address every need of all vendors & guests and make certain every child in attendance was happy and entertained. I.E. giving away merchandise and newly implemented items for children such as Mystery grab bags, coloring pages & crayons, posters, stickers etc.

- staff keeps notes throughout the show of any and all input from vendors and guests and uses this for future improvements.

- the box office had an information window that contained several handouts and schedules for the entire expo.(separate stacks of handouts for: seminars, General schedule, auction info, tournament info, about the expo)

- The LE Pass did sell out and was protected as it is what 100 guests paid for. Special/celebrity guests also had 24HR access. Media/press was granted private tours.

- vendors had a more relaxed private dinner on Friday night.

- Hotel issues aside, ( I wish this was the Hilton too!) the location is pretty casual. Where else can you stay, roam freely with a drink, and game until 2AM? Besides your home game room of course

#450 5 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

That was so not clear. It definetly made bringing a game SUCK when you break your back to make the show and yet are not allowed in there. BTW I was told no after 10pm by the 12 year old with the walkie talkie. The staff had no idea as well.

We were short on volunteers and I had my 15 yo son watch the door. We had a brief delay on 10PM entry on day because he lost track of time. Hence why I gave him a radio. A small group of guests approached me and it was quickly corrected.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2018-sturbridge-massachusetts-buy-sell-trade-and-beyond?tu=mudflap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.