(Topic ID: 216316)

OFFICIAL PINTASTIC 2018- Sturbridge, Massachusetts- Buy, Sell, trade and beyond

By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1719 (resized).JPG
    2018-07-07 20.32.47 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180703_195305 (resized).jpg
    5A3BAA1A-25F3-487E-9454-57E8857D7778 (resized).jpeg
    marinehorn02.jpg
    onemillion (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Lost In Space entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show late 80s BK2K head (resized).jpg
    Best In Show late 80s BK2K entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Early 80s Fire Power head and owner (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Early 80s Fire Power entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Custom Lost in Space Head (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Antique Mills Exhibit playfield (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Antique Mills Exhibit entire (resized).jpg
    Best in Show 1970s SS Gorgar head (resized).jpg
    Best in Show 1970s SS Gorgar entire game (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eabundy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

I'll be taking 3 to 5 pins. Likely a Mint HS2, and a few other games.

Probably radical, DM Hot Shots, WCS, Restored F14, and Fire

#12 5 years ago

Bump for the 3rd thread. Show is going to be THAT good!

#27 5 years ago

BT's Smokehouse for me, rain or shine

#29 5 years ago

OK I will bring but not sell before hand

Radical! Was in freeplay in Allentown. For sale best offer close to 4k
    Demolition Man also restored and will be in FreePlay. best offer close to 4k
    Baby Pac
    Hot Shot (midway basketball)
    World Cup Soccer

if I have time
    Restored F-14
    Restored Fire!
    Restored Getaway (Not for Sale)

31960861_10214056074187265_1198542376642019328_n (resized).jpg31960861_10214056074187265_1198542376642019328_n (resized).jpg

20180502_171755 (resized).jpg20180502_171755 (resized).jpg

#45 5 years ago

FYI, tried to book through Hotels.com and they are out of rooms. You need to book directly through the pintastic web site to hold a room. I was trying the other way because I have points with them. I'd do it soon, as I think it's almost sold out.

#46 5 years ago

I had a thought. I have a bunch of parts I probably will never use, but not enough to have a flea market spot by myself. I'm betting most people have a few or many parts they would like to get rid of. My thinking is why don't we set up a PROJECT PINBALL booth for the Flea Market. All parts sold there get donated to Project Pinball.

http://projectpinball.org/

I would be willing to sign up for a few hours to man the booth, any thoughts?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

untitled1-300x232 (resized).jpguntitled1-300x232 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #71 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Sturbridge is my town! Excited to play in a tournament where I have home court advantage! LOL
    Seriously though, Sturbridge is a lovely place, with tons of dining options, stops for the non pinball family members such as; Old Sturbridge Village, Sturbridge Flea Market, and Stageloft Rep. Theatre.
    Along with great dining options like; The Publick House, Sturbridge Seafood, Kaizen Sushi, The Duck, and local favorite, BT's Smokehouse.
    I know that information is redundant to many, but if it's your first time in Sturbridge, you'll love it here.
    Also, with me being close, I'm bringing stuff home. Looking for a CD jukebox, arcade games and of course pins - sell me your players X-Files or Independence Day.

Since you're so close are you going to bring anything for FreePlay?

#75 5 years ago

I think I'm around 20 to 22 pins taken to the show.

#83 5 years ago

I think Gabe will take most game room amusement devices, arcade machines, pitch and bats, maybe even a coin pusher.. Bring a coin pusher and I will even help you unload it! My kids love those. I have a hand truck and will be available Thursday - Saturday helping out. Come find me if you need a hand.

#89 5 years ago

Well we know he has the strength to move them, God knows I wish I could have his abilities at this point in my life. Going to be a great show, Moberg you bring a machine, I got you a Shirley Temple and a Burger.

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Are you going to be selling the beer glasses again this year? I recently broke one, so I want to grab a few if you are..
    Thanks

Good question, I bought 4 last year and can't remember where I put them

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

The Home Court advantage thing was a joke, obviously.
    eabundy - "the strength to move them?" I don't think I know you, have we met yet?

Sorry I follow you on Instagram. Also play at the Sanctum when I have the time. I was referring to your weight lifting posts.

#101 5 years ago
    Quoted from newpinballfan:

I can bring a Gottlieb Strange World project if it is pre-sold

If you can bring it, why not just set it up for sale and free play it?

#117 5 years ago

OK back to buy sell trade, beer and bbq..

1 week later
    #149 5 years ago

Getting this ready for the show.

20180523_195506 (resized).jpg20180523_195506 (resized).jpg

#150 5 years ago

Also getting these ready, along with a bunch of others.

WCS.gifWCS.gif

20180502_180058 (resized).jpg20180502_180058 (resized).jpg

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Bundy sell me that Getaway!!!!

Sorry I don't think it's going to be for sale.

1 week later
    #186 5 years ago
    Quoted from dr_spidey:

FYI
    I called last night to book a room. I was told it was sold out. Then I was told, wait, there's a room, but not at the Pintastic rate.
    I went through the link on the Pintastic page and was able to not only get a room, but get one at the Pintastic rate.
    So, book online, not by phone!
    I have a Space Shuttle backglass if anyone needs one. I can bring to Pintastic
    Rob

How much for the glass? I was debating buying a new CPR one.

#191 5 years ago

Add Theatre of Magic on to the list of machines I'm bringing to Free Play

Theatre of Magic
    Getaway
    NASCAR
    Radical
    Space Shuttle
    World Cup Soccer
    Fish Tales
    Hot Shot Basketball

All these games are getting shopped out, rebuilt flippers and many upgrades ahead of the show. Someone buy me a beer at the show, getting these ready is kicking my ass

#224 5 years ago

HS2 Getaway is now done, ready for the show.
    Restored and clear coated the playfield
    Restored and decaled cabinet
    New coin door
    Candy Apple Red powder coated legs, lockbar, rails, playfield slider, coin door bezel, and ramps
    Pinsound
    Flipper Fidelity Speakers
    Rebuilt all the flippers, and switched bats to translucent red
    Titan Rubbers
    Super Charger interactive lighting added
    Pop bumpers utilize new led lighting, and changed to frosted caps
    Will probably also add Color DMD at the show.
    20180617_143830 (resized).jpg20180617_143830 (resized).jpg

#225 5 years ago

This is now on deck, will be fully shopped out, new trunk, rebuilt flippers, titan rubbers

20180614_232337 (resized).jpg20180614_232337 (resized).jpg
    #227 5 years ago

Already contacted them

1 week later
    #288 5 years ago

Fish Tales all shopped out ready to go, and will be for sale there.

20180625_203152 (resized).jpg20180625_203152 (resized).jpg20180625_203200 (resized).jpg20180625_203200 (resized).jpg
    #292 5 years ago

Does anyone have a good working used colordmd I can buy at the show? I guess I was too late to get in on the pintastic deal, I was hoping to have one in my restored getaway.

#293 5 years ago

Space shuttle is now ready to go, plays really great. Players condition overall. New CPR back glass as well. Will be for sale and in free play.

20180618_202501 (resized).jpg20180618_202501 (resized).jpg
    #294 5 years ago

Just about done on this too

20180626_000256 (resized).jpg20180626_000256 (resized).jpg

20180626_000241 (resized).jpg20180626_000241 (resized).jpg
    #354 5 years ago
    Quoted from calsheimer:

Are you also selling your world cup soccer? I see one is for sale on the list of games.

Yes asking 2900. Haven't put the sign up on it yet

#362 5 years ago

At pintastic for sale
    Theater of magic 6200
    Radical 3500
    Hot shots basketball 900
    Space shuttle 1500
    High speed 2, open to rediculous trade offers
    Fish tales 3100
    NASCAR 2600

All set up for free play

#370 5 years ago

Radical will be in free play later tonight

#371 5 years ago

NASCAR
    Hot shot
    World cup soccer
    Theater of magic sold today

Still have
    Radical
    Fish tales
    Space shuttle

Open to offers on high speed 2.....

#381 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I didn't see HS2 or Fish Tales. Are they in free play?

Fish tales is in vender Hall. Hs2 in extra ball room

#388 5 years ago

Best in show goes too.... Stargate

#391 5 years ago

OMG, you guys. I busted ass for months getting my games ready for this show. Almost all were dmds besides space shuttle and Radical. 8 games I brought, loaded and unloaded by myself. I had shoulder surgery and knee surgery in the passed year. I volunteered at the show and helped keep things running. Your complaints are really making me NOT want to participate next year.

This is the ONLY Pinball show in New England. I'm sure some issues will be adjusted next year and the year after. This is still a newer show and Gabe and his team work all year round to provide you guys with a good show.

Please curb some of your complaining.

#394 5 years ago
    Quoted from supermatt:

I'm sure everyone appreciates your effort. Your games I did see looked great. But, the one game I was looking forward to seeing and playing was Radical. I'm not sure if the placement of the games is your choice or the shows so being in a room I couldn't get into was disappointing.

Radical was in free play all day today.

#420 5 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Yep. For 1990's, it sure was. =)
    The only games that were considered for ribbons were those that were available for ALL to play so Freeplay room and Vendor Hall was our scope of game consideration.

Who decided that? How many people were in this committee deciding which machines were the best? That Black Knight 2000 you have best on show was off for most of it. When it was working the upper flipper didn't work.

Gabe stated all locations we're to be considered for best in show. I supported the show and placed pins in every room. Sad that my efforts weren't considered worthy by you.

#424 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'd suggest creating a standard form to make available to a small group of people who have a good amount of experience with pins--players, restorers, whomever--just as long as they have been exposed to a lot of titles. That way, there is a guided scoring method judges can use that can just be tallied up, and then the pin with the highest score for the given category wins

I wonder what scoring method was used this year?

#446 5 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

paste from other thread
    i bring games every year and i always try to bring something people don't get to play to often - rocky a few years ago - but that didn't work because nobody could figure out how to put it on free play - this year i only brought 5 - but i brought a nice BTTF as i figured people don't see that too often, i also brought my clear coated superman - but that didn't work out as the gi lights quit and you really couldn't appreciate it next to gabe's great games.
    that was my error as i thought people might be able to hear the sounds better in the vip room or whatever it was called. i also brought a favorite em called cowpoke - which broke right away - but the great guy who had games next to it fixed it and it played all weekend - i was there all day friday and cowpoke was always being played.
    i also brought black knight 2000 - so i think that is 4 pretty good games for free play. then i brought a power play that wasn't so nice because it was at the door in my basement and easy to get to. for some reason nobody set it up at first - but saturday night when i went to pick up the games it was played the whole time. people still enjoy games like that. remember the show is for beginners also.
    anyway i thought it was great in the vendor room to try all the new games - i am glad there were so many people wanting to play them as that means there are a lot of people there and the show people are making good money and it will be back next year.
    anyway that is my 2 cents worth. thanks ed

Great job as always Ed supporting the show! good talking with you for a bit as well.

#448 5 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

That was so not clear. It definetly made bringing a game SUCK when you break your back to make the show and yet are not allowed in there. BTW I was told no after 10pm by the 12 year old with the walkie talkie. The staff had no idea as well.

I would have told you no as well

#451 5 years ago
    Quoted from mudflap:

We were short on volunteers and I had my 15 yo son watch the door. We had a brief delay on 10PM entry on day because he lost track of time. Hence why I gave him a radio. A small group of guests approached me and it was quickly corrected.

Thank you for all your help, and your son's at the show.

#457 5 years ago

The Getaway I restored was in Freeplay Sunday. I spent a lot of time restoring it, and did the same amount of work as everyone else getting my machines to the show. I could give a damn if it didn't win a ribbon. I just wanted to know why it was immediately disqualified by Dr Dave, when Gabe told me all areas were to be judged. That is why I was disappointed. Todd Tuckey filmed the machine, so I'm sure in a few weeks it will be on their YouTube channel. You guys can pick it apart there, for everyone else, it played non stop from Wed through Sunday morning. It got close to 600 plays on it. Finally the game quit Sunday morning because the lower right flipper bat snapped.

#462 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Rest assured, the jersey idiots will be bringing those horns to every future show so get used to that

LOL, so horns at a pinball show is a thing now. This will get interesting for sure in the future...

10 months later
    #669 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Is there going to be an official 2019 buy sell trade for pintastic ?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2019-buy-sell-party#post-4979243

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eabundy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2018-sturbridge-massachusetts-buy-sell-trade-and-beyond?tu=eabundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.