(Topic ID: 216316)

OFFICIAL PINTASTIC 2018- Sturbridge, Massachusetts- Buy, Sell, trade and beyond

By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1719 (resized).JPG
    2018-07-07 20.32.47 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180703_195305 (resized).jpg
    5A3BAA1A-25F3-487E-9454-57E8857D7778 (resized).jpeg
    marinehorn02.jpg
    onemillion (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Lost In Space entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show late 80s BK2K head (resized).jpg
    Best In Show late 80s BK2K entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Early 80s Fire Power head and owner (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Early 80s Fire Power entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Custom Lost in Space Head (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Antique Mills Exhibit playfield (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Antique Mills Exhibit entire (resized).jpg
    Best in Show 1970s SS Gorgar head (resized).jpg
    Best in Show 1970s SS Gorgar entire game (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Should I start a third duplicate topic?

Two is more than enough lol

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Also giving some thought to a flea market soace...I've got way too much crap piled up.

Flea market location has changed. It will now be out in the front parking lot we're everyone will see you!

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

BT's Smokehouse for me, rain or shine

Don't forget the new high end stake house called porterhouse. Oh and the state of the art Tree House brewing facility now open.

IMG_1477 (resized).JPGIMG_1477 (resized).JPG

IMG_1478 (resized).JPGIMG_1478 (resized).JPG

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Anyone know if Karr and his fancy little HV board mod will be at Pintastic?

I spoke to him at Allantown. He is thinking about setting up in the flee market. Will see.

#57 5 years ago

Joe Balcer will be at Pintastic New England 2018 to give
    us an update on happenings at American Pinball, a new
    Chicago-area pinball manufacturing company. Joe is Vice
    President, overseeing game development efforts, but has
    broad experience in the inner workings of factories that
    produce coin-op games. Joe first became well-known in the
    pinball-fan community for his work on mechanical devices,
    and his first design credit on a production game (shared
    with Joe Kaminkow) is for Apollo 13. Other Sega Pinball
    releases he designed are space-themed, and he also did
    Godzilla and co-designed South Park. At Stern Pinball, he
    is best known for co-designing The Simpsons Pinball Party
    with Keith Johnson. After a few years in other parts of
    the coin-op business, he emerged at Jersey Jack Pinball
    as the designer on Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit.

American Pinball's Houdini Master of Mystery has been
    in production through all of 2018 so far. Joe is working
    on the design of their second release.

0103170959a-1 (resized).jpg0103170959a-1 (resized).jpg

IMG_1501 (resized).JPGIMG_1501 (resized).JPG

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Flea Flea Flea !!! Someone has to be excited about the flea market

Yes flee market has moved to the front parking lot this year.

#63 5 years ago

*****HOTEL UPDATE*****

As of today the host hotel only has 40 rooms available on Friday night and 30 rooms available on Saturday night. Don't wait or you will be left out of the craziness that happens late night. Go here now! https://reservations.travelclick.com/2042?groupID=2018656#/guestsandrooms

vip lounge2 (resized).JPGvip lounge2 (resized).JPG

IMG_0439 (resized).JPGIMG_0439 (resized).JPG

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Just because someone lives close, doesn't mean they are required to bring anything. Everyone has different situations, if someone wants to bring a game (or more) that's great, but definitely not a requirement. It's not like we collect small stuffed cats, these things are large/heavy awkward machines, that not everyone has the ability to lug around. Sorry, it's always annoying to see the "You should bring this.....Your not contributing to the show/hobby if you don't bring ten pins...No excuses if you don't bring a game" Bullshit....
    I, and everyone who attends the show do deeply appreciate everyone who does have the ability/time/transportation/health/time off etc to bring all the games that will be available for everyone to enjoy!

Let me be clear. Without free play games there is no show. With that said we at Pintastic would rather reward you for bringing games with stuff like.

Food at the after party
    Free admission
    Chance at winning your share if $3,000 in cash and prizes.
    Entry into the over night VIP room.

If you bring lots of games well that's what the points system is for. Cash points in for tons of stuff like pintastic swag, gift cards free breakfast buffet and lots more.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

It's also annoying to see someone talk about ipa's, beer girls, etc- Everyone's situation is different, and the dude you're telling that to is 19.

No beer girls any more. Lol

#96 5 years ago

Are you going to be selling the beer glasses again this year? I recently broke one, so I want to grab a few if you are..
    Thanks

Yes we will have logo beer glasses for sale.

We will also have limited Paul Feris art beer glasses you can only get if you buy the LE package OR redeem points to get one by bringing games for free play.

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

But I don’t have any points to cash in!!!

You always bring a few for free play right!

#105 5 years ago

Sorry 14-27 for tournament area is enough for me!

14 to 27? Hope it's closer to the 27 lol. You know points don't apply to you. You can have anything you want just ask me.

#109 5 years ago

Just having fun with you Gabe on this gloomy day!
    I think everyone knows you try hard as hell to take care of everyone from freeplay bringers to the rest of us

Can you rent a 30 foot U-Haul lol?

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

OK back to buy sell trade, beer and bbq..

Now you can add awesome steak house. New restaurant Porterhouse opened this year by the same owners from the seafood place.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from cyroute:

I think you should get bonus points for distance driven and games brought. We have driven 6 hours and have brought 4-7 games every year since the show has started. We will be there again this year with at least 4 to 6 games! We support the Ohio shows, York, Allentown and this show. I want my own personal beer girl
    Joe

I like that idea. Let me work on that but I think it's a go.

#127 5 years ago

Stake house ? Is that in Salem , MA ?

Ha ha you got me

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Sturbridge Reeder Family Lodge across the street looks like they have a price drop to around $105 on Travelocity. I like the accommodations there better and it's walking distance to the show and barbecue place

Be careful stumbling across that 4 lane busy road.

#131 5 years ago

Man someone miss spells one word and the STEAKS come out lmao

#138 5 years ago

Pintastic and Color DMD have teamed up again! Bring a game to the show and install a color dmd, than you will get $50 back on that said color dmd. Just contact Randy at [email protected] and he will set you up. Remember the color dmd's will get shipped free to me and I will give them to you only after your game is on the free play floor.

color dmd (resized).jpgcolor dmd (resized).jpg

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I can bring my buddy's scared stiff if a deal is in place.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/64287

Why not bring it for free play it will sell at the show.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The only thing this thread is missing is a few pictures of the Pintastic girls from last year! Gabe, hook your brothers up, we are old and forget, we need picture to remind us. To be clear, this request falls under the “beyond” section of this topic.

Pintastic girls was a one time deal! I need to stay married.

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Sorry, it's not my game to bring for free play.
    The 2 years that I've brought games for free play/for sale I didn't get a single offer. Ended up having to bring them home. If I thought it was more of a buying and selling show I would get a vendor Booth like at Allentown and York and bring a bunch. I enjoy the show, I just haven't had success selling there.

Why not give it another try. Games are getting harder to find.

#157 5 years ago

I can handle that.......Either way, playing your restored pins just became my #1 reason for going to Pintastic! Cannot wait to see those beauties!
    Nick: “Make pinball Great Again!!”
    Bundy: “I just did!”

What about all my restored games?

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

Do we have to be VIPS to play them this year?

Most will rotate day by day from VIP to vendor hall.

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

It is official, I must concede my title as King Of Free Play. I will not be able to attend pintastic this year. Please step up and bring games for the show.

Never say never your company's building may have an unexpected fire or flood.

#164 5 years ago

Any idea what the Rapscallion beer selection will be this year?

I'm working on it.

#173 5 years ago

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR GAMES. You only have 3 days left to get 2 tickets per game registered in our "Thank You Give Away" were you could win yourself part of $3,000 in cash and prizes. Go here https://pintasticnewengland.com/game-registration-2018/

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Can’t wait to see Irishbastard kick your ass

No ass kicking aloud just hugs lol

1 week later
    #184 5 years ago

PINTASTIC ROOM BLOCKS!

The hotel is releasing all remaining rooms out to the public on Thursday of this week. I can not hold them any longer per my contract. So if you need a room please call the hotel and ask for the Pintastic pinball room rate of $110 a night TODAY!

IMG_1376 (resized).JPGIMG_1376 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #195 5 years ago
    Quoted from sagejr:

I can bring these games for free play and for sale
    Frankenstein
    Fireball Classic
    Space Station

Thank you for registering them.

#198 5 years ago

So how does this gamebringer account work, I’ve gotten nothing back after requesting an email confirmation

All game bringers should have received an email over the weekend on how to log into your free play portal. If you did not get it check your spam folder. Still nothing contact me direct I will handle it.

#209 5 years ago

PINTASTIC VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! This year I'm giving you guys a pre-PARTY Wednesday night in the VIP room. Only for volunteers! Free food and pinball!

We are still looking for people to help out in many different areas of the show. Without our great staff, a show of this magnitude would not be possible. So please, help out if you can. Repair staff, security, free play setup and break down, Vendor Hall setup and break down. Extra Ball Lounge to Vendor Hall game swap. Go here: https://register.growtix.com/volunteers/apply_step_1/pintastic_pinball_game_room_expo_2018

Less than 2 weeks to go! Let’s do this.

#218 5 years ago

Anyone interested in NIB show machines that are on free play at the show shoot me a message. Special show pricing!

#226 5 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

HS2 Getaway is now done, ready for the show.
    Restored and clear coated the playfield
    Restored and decaled cabinet
    New coin door
    Candy Apple Red powder coated legs, lockbar, rails, playfield slider, coin door bezel, and ramps
    Pinsound
    Flipper Fidelity Speakers
    Rebuilt all the flippers, and switched bats to translucent red
    Titan Rubbers
    Super Charger interactive lighting added
    Pop bumpers utilize new led lighting, and changed to frosted caps
    Will probably also add Color DMD at the show.

Email color dmd directly for the details on $50 off a color dmd that gets installed at the show. Thanks Eric!

#236 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Nice bump in the count - list has 210 games now! I think it was 176 earlier in the week.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my replacement LED score boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

FYI that list is only the free play room. It does not include any tournament, VIP or vendor hall games.

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Is Sunday a full day this year or pack up and leave in the morning day?

Free play room 10am to 4pm we are open and the response is great so far

#252 5 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

i'm a little confused now - usually we get our games out of there sat night after 10 pm - what is actually going on sunday - will the vendor hall be open now on sunday.
    also it looks like i have to work thursday at 10 - so if i drop my games off thursday morning i have to be out of sturbridge around 8:30.
    can you bring games wednesday night - thanks ed

Free play room only on Sunday. You can pull your games Saturday after 10pm. What ever games are left Sunday will all go into free play room hours are 10am to 4pm Sunday

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jaymach1:

Bringing a really nice fully restored Harlem Globetrotters and an equally as nice restored genie for free play and possibly to sell.

Wow that's a best in show contender

#282 5 years ago

PinballSales.com will have Mirco Playfields at Pintastic. If you want to order one in advance of the show you will save $30.

Now TOTAN and Taxi play fields are available. Please e mail [email protected] to make sure you get what you need.
    >
    > http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp

#305 5 years ago

Phantom of the Opera $2000 (firm).

Autographed by Paul Faris!

#308 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Insist that the autograph be spelled "Faris" or else it's a phony!
    .................David Marston

Sorry im over tired been setting up games all day.

#458 5 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

The absolute Monopoly that one person has on judging Best in Show games 4 pintastic is almost sickening. Bundy had games there that blew away games which were given blue ribbons. All Games should have been considered and I will recommend to Gabe that we go to some sort of electronic voting system. Put the power in the people's hands

Guys there is no monopoly. The judges are a team of 4 people that spend hours going over every machine. If you are not happy with the results why not sign up to volunteer and ask to be considered for the BIS judging team. We had trouble getting 4 this year.

#481 5 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Wow..... That's as many plays in only a few days as an imamaculate Baywatch gets in 12 years!

My games in the EBL got average 700 plays. The ones in the vendor hall average 900 plays. But that what makes Pintastic a great show. Having nice games for people to play not only makes for a better experience but brings more people into this great hobby we all love. I had multiple people come up to me this weekend saying they bought there first machine at pintastic and now they have 5 machines. They also said they put 2 machines in free play for people to enjoy. It made them feel great seeing others enjoy pinball love is catching on.

#493 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Gee Dave, Thanks, give me the benefit of the doubt by downvoting my post and not allowing someone else an opinion. Maybe if the show judged ALL the pins and didn't exclude Eric Bundys other restorers would be interested in showing. There is obviously huge room to improve on the Pintastic restoration competition. Right now farce sums it up and until it becomes a worthwhile competition talented restorers won't waste their time. Kudos to those that made the effort and brought restorations but until judging becomes fair and all are included on a level playing field it is not a true competition.

Mike it was an over site on my part about Eric's Getaway not being included in the competition. Eric asked me if he could put the Getaway in the EBL and said he wanted it to be considered for best in show contest. I take full responsibility for the screw up and we will be more clear next year about the rules. We will also be doing a "people choice award" for best in show were you can cast your vote via the QR code on the game card. I will be offering up a prize for this. Not sure what yet but it will be worth while.

Unfortunately Pintastic is not a museum and part of the scoring is how well the game plays. So with that said maybe we should rename the competition to "Best all around playable, stupendous, kick ass pinball machine contest"

#500 5 years ago

Well said Gabe, thanks for clarifying. I'd like to extend my thanks to you as well for putting the show together, it's a huge task.
    If the restoration competition does evolve I would be glad to bring machines in the future. I'm sure you understand that a restorer can't realistically put a 100+ hour restoration in the free play area. Machines should be judged with the glass off and the playfield up as well as being judged on playability and the quality of the restoration. People who go to an automotive concours don't expect to be able to drive the cars in the show so collectors at Pintastic should be able to understand and enjoy a true CQ restoration without playing them and leave that to the judges.

Yes I agree the type of restorations you do would not be fairly judged in this type of compation. Hope you can make it next year and maybe even bring a few games again for free play as well as volenteer for the repair team. God knows they need all the help they can get.

#502 5 years ago
    Quoted from dellice45:

I had a blast at Pintastic as I do every year! It was nice to just enjoy, play a bunch of Pins I love and have never played before and I was glad I let Project Pinball use my Gremlins Re-theme at their booth! It will most likely be sitting at their booth again next year! Gabe does a great job and love how he tweaks the show every year! Keep up the great work GABE!
    There were some awesome pins this year and It did seem the FREE PLAY Room was a bit bare compared to last year, but thats the thing, year to year it will differ! I'll be there next year, enjoying as I did this year!

Any chance your roller coaster club could raise money to get a coaster at the show? In the back. If your the president you could make it happen.

#510 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

This is why games were allowed to leave early...more money in the show hosts pocket. Always follow the money. The shows in Texas, no games allowed to leave until show is completely over. $175 for a 4 day pass seems very expensive, and to have games with limited access from one day pass buyers, is kinda jive. Especially when the general floor is being shut down early and games pulled. A lot of guys, and I would be one, have family and life commitments that prohibit more than one day pinball adventures. Lots of legit “suggestions” here. From what I’ve read here, I wouldn’t attend this show if I were close enough, unless I were using it to sell some games. As a player, too much $ and not enough value.

First off I do not want any games to leave and your point of me raking in the money from games being pulled early is crazy. The fee is there to deter people from pulling games. As far as pulling games early. I feel that we don't have the right to force people to leave there games all weekend. Instead we like to reward them by giving them $3000 in cash and prizes if they leave them till the end. Next year we will be rewarding them even more if they leave the games all 4 days. More to come on that at a later date. If I was all about the money would I pull $2000 cash out of the register and give it to game bringers as a thank you?

The $175 LE package comes with a bunch of things plus Exclusive things that you can only get with that package like the screen printed poster. If you add up everything you get in the package the 24hr access to the EBL is only $10 a day on top of paying for access each day.

Our premium two day, four day and free play badge holders will be able to access to the extra ball longe earlier next year. We will continue to tweak hours.

Texas is a great show and Ed does an amazing job. They do things differently than us. We have our own way. I'm not saying it's better just different. Also Texas has the show in one large room. We are split into s few rooms so we have more flexibility to do what we think people want. LE packages were very well received and we almost sold out of the 100 available. We will be tweeting the hours but the LE package will continue.

#513 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Oh boy... I hope they all got the same or there may be a riot.

I still don't think you understand that most people are glad to be and can only be there for one day. Rationalizing the EBL cost with a 4-day pass rings hollow for me.

It's a raffle 2 winners get $500 two get $250 and 5 get $100. Only for game bringers that leave there games till the end.

As far as the EBL between 4 day LE and 4 day Premium we had just under 200 people that we're at the show for all 4 days.

We also have a 2 day Premium we're you can gain access latter in the day to the EBL.

#515 5 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

In the interest of providing constructive feedback about the negatives... I want to echo this.
    I have gone all 4 years with my wife (and my sister joined for the last two). Our lives and schedules only let us come one day. We drive up and hang for roughly 7-8 hours. This year we stayed the shortest probably only 5 hours and that included an hour lunch at Friendly’s. We all got frustrated at the Saturday crowd and when I saw the missing games after lunch (CFTBL) and the broken ones we just kinda bailed. Please no one get offended I know you work hard I’m just sharing the impression I got. This isn’t being said to attack anyone.
    If you charged a few extra bucks to offer one day passes to the EBL we might consider it but short of that it feels like it is this place that there is no practical way for people like my family to enjoy. We won’t pay that much money for our one day stay. Maybe it isn’t aimed at us and that’s fine I guess...
    Everyone’s experience is different and I’m legitimately just trying to provide my point of view as a guy who has gone every year. Part of me says to come next year Friday and stay all day - but I’m leery of doing that if a chunk of great games remains in this EBL and I can’t buy a one day pass to it. Understand that it is a perception issue (“why are these games being kept from us”) and sometimes perceptions rule emotions no matter what the logic or math is.
    To be clear - I don’t mind reaching into my pocket but I don’t want to buy a pass for more days than I physically plan on going.
    There is my feedback

We will be discussing a limited one day Premium package. We listen and improve every year.

#517 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

This is going to get A LOT of heat - I think the Extra Ball Lounge, as it was, with the times and rules the way they were - was one of the best parts of the show. Walking into a room at noon time on Friday, with no wait on TNA, Houdini, TOTAN, and others was worth $175. If that room is full of people, 24 hours, I don't think the LE badge is worth $175. Or even $125.

We will be tweaking the hours for premium 2 day, 4 day and may offer a one day Premium. But 24hr access will only be for the LE 4 day package limited to 100.

#519 5 years ago
    Quoted from supermatt:

I have attended the show all four years with my two teenage kids and have gone on the Friday each year. We always just get one day passes. This year after about two hours my son said to me, so what's the plan? I full knew what he meant right away. It was that the free play room was the weakest selection of games since the beginning and the few good games there were you couldn't get near. I tried to put a positive spin on it as I wanted it to be a fun day but after a while I fully agreed with him. Previous years we stayed into the early evening but this year was the earliest we ever left (3:00 pm). I have already decided that I'm out next year if all the better games are in a room that only upgraded pass holders can enter.

There is only 18 games in the limited room. Between the vendor hall and free play room we had 84 dmd games. Also games from the limited room rotated into the vendor hall each morning. Lastly all games from the limited room were put into free play on Sunday.

#523 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm sure nobody cares if this one jersey idiot doesn't show, but right now I feel that the "pay extra to see the whole show" routine will be enough to make me skip next year. I didn't enjoy walking past the forbidden zone the whole time and the whole concept of dividing attendees into classes is just not working for me.

I'm sorry that your thinking of not coming next year because of limited access to 18 games. Pintastic offers so much more than that. Remember I had 12 of my own awesome games in the vendor hall free play area for everyone to enjoy and they rotated in and out of the limited area.

You need to think of the EBL as a added area to the show not a deterrent to the show. Nothing has changed from last year.

#528 5 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

Regarding location: it is what it is. It’s not 5-Star, but it’s a nice location. It has a huge area for the vendor hall. I’m sure it also costs less than booking the conference hall of a 5-Star hotel. Ticket prices would go up quite a bit, I would assume.

Yes price is a big factor

But the biggest few things are.

Great area
    Great access from all east coast.
    They over look a lot of things that would not be aloud at a 5 star hotel or expo center.

That's just a few reasons but you get the idea.

#544 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

I thought game bringers got access after 10pm this year, maybe I'm wrong?

Game bringers had access after 10pm this year. Next year the hours will be adjusted. You could gane 24hr access with points you get for bringing more games this year. We had 2 game bringers do it. They were happy.

#552 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Gabe, no disrespect but I believe you are making my point. If there are "only 18 games" in the limited room, why exclude them? Or if you want to limit it at certain times, fine. Again, games being rotated in each morning doesnt mean much to someone that is there only on Friday. Which games got rotated from the limited room on Friday morning? Just curious.

That's exactly what we do. We limit it at certain times of the day for certain ticket packages. We are looking into doing a one day premium ticket. Will see.

Another way you could get access to that room is by volenteerong 4hr. Just a thought.

#553 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

It appears that the show is geared towards folks who plan to attend more than one day; ideally four. If that's the case, that's your prerogative... its your show. I have been to all 4 shows and, like a few others have stated here, may consider not attending in the future. I know you have no control over it but some of the vendors had limited stock as well when compared to what they sell at other shows (i.e. Cointaker had significantly fewer items for sale as compared to other shows that I've attended and even compared to last year at Pintastic.) Just providing feedback in an effort to let you understand what a "one-day" attendee like myself considers when deciding to make the trip to a show.

We do value your input and we are compiling a list of things to discuss. Cointaker decided they would come in a smaller compasity this year. I'm happy they continued to support us. Next year shoot them a email asking if they are bringing more stuff. Those kind of things are out of my control. Sorry

#554 5 years ago

Where was Captain Pintastic? I wanted another picture with him this year

He had a work thing. Hope he comes back next year.

#558 5 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Overall the show is still great. Like many other shows, the freeplay games are largely the result of the pinball community at large bringing games. I think there are two camps there - those who are bringing games to sell and those who are not. Personally, as someone who has owned almost 100 games over time now, I like the aspect of being able to sell games. Sadly, for whatever reason, the past few years selling games has been downright tough at Pintastic. Perhaps it is the fact that it is a more family oriented spread out kind of show. I don't know. There just doesn't seem to be that "swap meet" vibe that there is in Allentown.
    Perhaps as an idea for improvement next year - maybe give some true incentives to brining a game that will not be for sale? As an example, I thought of bringing my Star Trek Pro since it was an easy out from my garage - but I have zero desire to sell it. I hate to say it, but a couple extra raffle tickets really isn't a great incentive, even with the bonus for top tier game. Fundamentally, other than that bonus, why would I bring a top tier game that I don't want to see beat (picked up and dropped, rocked back and forth etc...yes those things did happen)?

Well the raffle tickets could win you $500 cash or one of many gift cert.

Next year we will be doing a free rock custom back panel light mod installed free also at the show if you bring a dmd or system 11 game or half off a under cab light kit with free install st the show.

That's only one of the new insentives we are going to offer.

#559 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Well said! I was just thinking about typing something very similar. I think pintastic is more of a player show then a buying and selling show. People alway bitch about games leaving early but like you said some people aren't going to bring games if they don't have a realistic prospect of selling them. I know a few people who would have brought game that stayed home because they didn't believe that they could sell and it wasn't worth the hassle of renting a truck and bringing them.
    If the show was more seller friendly as far as games leaving or people buying then maybe more games would be in the free play area.
    As far as incentives that's kind of tough. I understand a $100 raffle win is a nice thing to have, but in the case of someone traveling like myself that meant another hotel night and trailer rental which is more than $100.
    Every year I've attended I brought a game for free play with the hopes of selling it and every year I end up bringing it home. I know it's not the pricing I have on the game because it usually sells as soon as I get home.
    I honestly would have been better off if I had just bought a pass and not brought anything but I like to try to support the show if I can.

I guess I'm selling my games to cheap lol I sold 4 at the show.

#569 5 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

You always have nice games. I would have been interested. Were they in the EBL? I was only in there 1 night briefly. I know I wanted to see Eric's Getaway & couldn't get near it when I went in there.

No they were in the vendor hall free play. I still have SM that did not sell.

#570 5 years ago
    Quoted from epeabs:

Gabe, I wanted your Shadow but it wasn't listed for sale.

Ya that wasn't for sale that one came out nice with the light blue Titan rubbers

#571 5 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

That thing was beautiful and priced Right to boot.
    If Pintastic is more of a play vs sell show that's fine. Lord knows I enjoy playing, especially new to me games (that Bally Joust EM being a perfect example...loved that layout)
    If it's mainly a "play" show vs swap meet it just means I'm not bringing 8 games again. Anything that fits in a single truckload is fine....but if sales are tough (and they have been) then there's no point in pushing myself past my means. (AKA renting a UHaul or doing more than one trip)
    Honestly, I feel like if everyone that could brought 1 or 2 games (personally I feel like 1 to put in free play not for sale and 1 for sale is my sweet spot) then you'd have full Freeplay room. If you want those A list titles though you've got to give owners some real reason to subject them to a show environment. Raffle tickets alone I don't feel is the answer.
    Just my two cents.

You stop by saying raffle tickets are not enough. Can you please make a few suggestions so we can make the show better. What would intise you to bring more dmd games?

#582 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

It'd be nice if games that are for sale had a different color card or something to make it more obvious. The prices were pretty small and unnoticable, and I doubt most people are reading the info cards anyway

Yes we will be coloring game cards orange if the game is for sale .

#583 5 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Funny you should mention his name....as he is one that I would call an embassador of pinball around New England....and not to mention a beast at moving games. Maybe we should have him give a seminar on how to move games and not break your back

Yes Brian was missed this year in the free play room his 15 system 11 games would have made a huge difference.

#587 5 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

And here is the problem with that thinking.....those 15 system 11 games don't exist anymore. I don't know how many sold at the show but I'm fairly certain the idea was to sell them.

I beleve he sold 11 of the 15 last year.

#589 5 years ago
    Quoted from La_Porta:

How feasible would it be to have one or two food trucks come? Not sure how keen the hotel would be of the idea, but the fare at the concession stand isn’t the absolute greatest. Have them from say, 11-2 for lunch. Might liven up the selection a bit. I know visitors and staff were making BK runs and such so the demand is there.

I think the restaurants with in walking distance from the hotel are great. Food truck would not be aloud on hotel property unfortunately.

#592 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

The seafood place in front of the liquor store is phenomenal. Had dinner there two nights this year and everything was excellent.

I know a bunch of people who went over to Porter House and Ba Ba Sushi. Both excellent.

#604 5 years ago

Seven games cleaned 14 to go lol. Most games got between 500 to 700 plays. Just a quick cleaning with carnuba wax on the Titan rubbers and PF. Wipe down the cabinet and glass and they are beautiful again. A few adjustments and loose screws but nothing major. Just letting people know that if you pre wax and go through your games before the show you will be in good shape. Pack them up and break them down with care and all is well. If you brought a game thank you if your thinking about bringing one next year DO IT the feeling is something I can't explain. Gabe

IMG_1719 (resized).JPGIMG_1719 (resized).JPG
    #606 5 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

Hey look, the extra ball lounge!

Funny actually that Houdini and x men were in the vendor hall for everyone to enjoy.

#608 5 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

I'm just messing with you Gabe. You don't need to hang out here all day defending the show. I had a great time the one day(Friday) I was there and I never even got to make it into the freeplay room.

I'm starting to watch the video coverage of the show and we had so many nice games in the free play and vendor hall this year.

#616 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

He said he’d never sell it, but I think he said the same thing about AC/DC too, and about his second AC/DC, and his third AC/DC... Make him an offer

I know he would give you his Black night plus cash for a nice corvette

#629 5 years ago

I agree. Did the judges even have scoring sheets? At a car show you get something like this:
    https://www.capcitycorvette.com/CIPJudge.htm
    This could easily be modified to fit a pinball show. Points should be given for cabinet inside, cabinet outside, playfield top, playfield bottom, playability, and overall presentation. Without a scoring sheet like this participants have no idea of how there machine was judged and how it compared to other machines. Without transparent scoring using judging sheets that everyone can view, then a competition is nothing more than a popularity contest.

All 3 judges have very detailed scoring sheets.

#639 5 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

actually john was there as he is my neighbor and i had a good conversation with him - i know i have been sick and have memory issues - but i am 100% sure i had a good long conversation with him and Ed (who ran the auction) this year. if i am wrong then i am losing it again - thanks ed

No he was at the show just could not bring BBB this year due to time restraint.

#648 5 years ago

IMHFO judging pins is always subjective. I think original playfield, Cabinet and backglass should be given bonus points if they are well Preserved .
    Ribbons are nice, cash is King. Not a huge cash award like maybe 50$??? Honestly a cash prize would be incentive to bring fully restored pins over beat up show mules.

Interesting....

#651 5 years ago

IMHFO judging pins is always subjective. I think original playfield, Cabinet and backglass should be given bonus points if they are well Preserved .
    Ribbons are nice, cash is King. Not a huge cash award like maybe 50$??? Honestly a cash prize would be incentive to bring fully restored pins over beat up show mules.

So if I offered a $50 cash to all the winners that would motivate you guys to bring the nicer restored ganes?

3 months later
    #661 5 years ago
    Quoted from Church:

Hey thanks guys, well I kinda wanted to know more about purchasing machines at the show. I have a short list of games that I would want to put in my home Like LOTR, Aerosmith, WOZ, or Ghostbusters(premium) to name a few. I did buy a 4 days premium pass so I will certainly be there Thursday. I guess my real question is if it's worth it buying used games from the show or is it better to just look online marketplaces? - Church

Many of the games you are looking to buy will be available in the Automated Services booth at a big show special. As far as used games there should be a good selection for same in free play.

Anyway get ready to have a blast and play a ton of pinball!

#664 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

I’ve shopped for pins every year at Pintastic and have bought pins there as well. This past year, we implemented a new game registration system that allows people to include sale information in the listing so it’s shared online as well as on the card. I haven’t pulled statistics, but anecdotally it felt like a much higher number of games were listed for sale and/or changing owners this past year, and I think we’ll see that trend continue now that it’s easier to connect buyers with sellers.
    For owners wanting to sell your pins at Pintastic, you can put in all the information when you initially register the game, and edit it as needed (price changes, etc) at anytime—even during the show we can help you with updating the game card and the posting. For buyers, you’ll be able to see live online updates of what is available before and during the show.

At Pintastic we are inovating and you will see many new and cool things develope. We are raising the bar!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2018-sturbridge-massachusetts-buy-sell-trade-and-beyond?tu=dannunz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.